Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,227 members, 7,919,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:22 PM

Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv (35728 Views)

Contempt: Diamond Bank, Shell Directors In Trouble / Oluwatoyin Subair: The MD Of HITV Shares His Touching Experience / Multichoice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt For Disobeying Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by phabuloz(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:

Broke people always think they have an opinion.
for your mind you're claiming wizkid ?
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by kingzjay(m): 1:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
slap1:
We use MCL or PBS in Aba. With N2,100 monthly, you watch the whole European games, CNN, Al Jazeera, Discovery, etc. It's unfortunate that some powerful Nigerians connive with foreigners to rob us.

Please tell me about MCL or PBS! Is it a decoder? How does it work?
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Heffalump(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
akinladejo:
If we can step up our Star times so that it can favorably compete with DsTV

GBAM.
You said it all. Competition is what we lack. Also, the monopoly of Dstv on Euro Sports show should be broken, if possible.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by emmatok(m): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
What happened to HITV?
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by guyX(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
But seriously oh.
Nothing interests me about TV again.
Expect CNN and Al Jazeera.
All the rest is on my phone with I can plug via USB to my flat screen.
With my mtn bis.
I watch all season movies with just 100 naira.
I wish they can hack did GOTV make person use am browse n download I go forget the rest.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Kx: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
[size=15pt]DSTV is "holding ground" only for now.

If the will of the people could bring "almighty" PDP to its knees, who and what is ordinary DSTV.

In the voice of Martin Luther King: "One day, Nigerian consumers would be spoilt for choice. DSTV would come calling, begging and bikoing but the market would look the other way. Has any brand ever won a war against the consumers? He who laff last laff best.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by starlingbawa(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2015
lekkie073:
When buhari finally becomes the numero uno, one of two things will happen

Comsat(tinubu-owned) will start a rigorous competition with dstv by vying for EPL live matches licence

Or

Al Jazeera will be welcomed to increase their footprint to the south where all household can access them

Either way, bye bye to dsthieves

This write up made sense to me!

1 Like

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by smsdigito: 2:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
tivta:
. They all have websites. Startimes.com.ng, mytvafrica.tv, actv.tv, consat am not sure of, as for free to air am not sure of the current channels available.
fixed.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by MamaSK: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
starlingbawa:
I paid 14K for the premium package on thursday morning, a marked deviation from the usual 11650, and I didn't find it funny at all.

I can't do without my SS3, otherwise I'd have had a change of plan.

Something, someone, our government has got to do something and quickly too about this South-African company exploiting ordinary Nigerians and smiling to the bank with millions of our 'HARD EARNED' naira!!!

It's high time we send dem packing.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by lynxnoon(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
pofolo:

The compact plus is now #9200.
yeah ... thats why I said I may not pay the next subscribe wink
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by pofolo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
starlingbawa:
I paid 14K for the premium package on thursday morning, a marked deviation from the usual 11650, and I didn't find it funny at all.

Something, someone, our government has got to do something and quickly too about this South-African company exploiting ordinary Nigerians and smiling to the bank with millions of our 'HARD EARNED' naira!!!

The same ss3 that failed to show copa del ray and some european qualifiers ?, that we dey watch freely on free-to-air, even ordinary startimes dey show am.

I repeat, DSTV is over hyped.
#teamFTA
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
starlingbawa:

SS3? na which secondary school you dey wey you no wan graduated?

1 Like

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by kraftykc(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
starlingbawa:

Something or someone has to come resolve an issue you are encouraging? Bro be fair to any government that does anything; if say they suspend DSTV's airing will you stand behind the government and forego your precious SS3?

Let's not lie, the Nigerian populace is not disciplined enough to solve this matter so its unfair to pass all the buck to the government

1 Like

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by debeey87(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2015
Good opportunity for Dokpesi to bring his Daarsat to limelight but instead of him to focus on developing business empire, he is busy meddling with politics. I just pity those who bought shares into the company when he floated his IPO
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Austeenite(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
lynxnoon:

Am on Compact plus (N7850)and it has S3 & 7 . . . .
though with what is happening now I dont think am going to renew . . . well my own little way of campaigning against this EXTORTION!!! angry tongue cool

Bros, I feel you because am on same plan and getting to know that it now takes approx 10k to subscribe to that package is scary...
I have boycotted for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by slap1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2015
kingzjay:

Please tell me about MCL or PBS! Is it a decoder? How does it work?
Yes, it's a decoder, but MCL in particular works in Aba alone. PBS works in Enugu as well. Where is your location?
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by charlsecy(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

By the way, I av sound city, Chanell O, hipTV, trace, nat geo wild, Sony max, discovery, glitz, super sport select, ESPN, and so much more for just 1,500 per monTh.
What service do you use to get these stations?
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by eros(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2262258/nigeria-wants-shutdown-south-african

@trojanhorse and all those asslickers of DStv take note of the thread above. It will no longer be business as usual in Nigeria. A new dawn is here and DStv will definitely feel the wind of change blowing across the nation.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by leeport: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Pay per view is the way to go . My opinion
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by ibrokola(m): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:

Broke people always think they have an opinion.

Since you are rich, why not establish a coy that will compete with DSTV and make more money. Fool

1 Like

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Kelvinpam(m): 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigga...ever heard of watching football in ur comfort zone?
Can u go to a viewing centre by 10pm to watch la liga matches?

The fact you enjoy your gotv at 1.5k is good for u.
The fees are extremely high for premium users cos aside weekends and weekdays football I dont see the usefulness of payin up to 14k....I use dual view...so I ve got to pay 16k every month..

All we need from dstv is to introduce pay per view as dat would reduce d subscription fees

SLIDEwaxie:
The thing is, cable TV is never cheap anywhere in the world.

I hope you realise that flat screens and cable TVs are termed as luxuries even in advanced countries?

I'm not saying it is right, I'm just saying it is not by force. grin

I dnt av a dstv, I have goTV. wetin I wan watch for dstv wey I go pay 14k? SS3? No, I'll pass.

If I dey used 100 watch match for 30 data at viewing centre, I no go spend 5k per month.

By the way, I av sound city, Chanell O, hipTV, trace, nat geo wild, Sony max, discovery, glitz, super sport select, ESPN, and so much more for just 1,500 per monTh.

So, na ss 1-7 go now make me go their office dey drop 14k per month?

Maybe later, when I can afford it.
but now?MBA!
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Mmayor(m): 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
akinladejo:
If we can step up our Star times so that it can favourably compete with DsTV

We all know Nigerians patronise dstv mainly because of supersport. remember hitv was showing football matches too at about half the price of what dstv was charging. a few hundred thousand dollars in the pockets of some highly placed people and hitv was history!
I think we need to renegotiate terms here, it's either they slash their tariff by 50% or they waka go!
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by queensmith: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Quite frankly I find the aggression towards a PRIVATE BUSINESS rather concerning can dome tell me whether it was DSTV that cobalised Nigeians? Is it by force to patronise them? Or if by impact of the falling naira they are forced to increase tarrifs what right does a court have to suspend them?
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by armadeo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Austeenite:

Bros, I feel you because am on same plan and getting to know that it now takes approx 10k to subscribe to that package is scary...
I have boycotted for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

I downgraded from premium to compact this week. I even tried to pay ahead last month only to see the price had changed before the April 1 date on the ATM.

Quietly I carry my card Commot. Now I will watch whatever they show on compact. Use the balance to pay for swiftng data.

Don't see the sense in paying 14k for TV. The 12 was out of habit now they have made me go cold turkey.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by MRLANNISTER(m): 7:59am On Apr 18, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
The thing is, cable TV is never cheap anywhere in the world.

I hope you realise that flat screens and cable TVs are termed as luxuries even in advanced countries?

I'm not saying it is right, I'm just saying it is not by force. grin

I dnt av a dstv, I have goTV. wetin I wan watch for dstv wey I go pay 14k? SS3? No, I'll pass.

If I dey used 100 watch match for 30 data at viewing centre, I no go spend 5k per month.

So, na ss 1-7 go now make me go their office dey drop 14k per month?

Maybe later, when I can afford it.
but now?MBA!

Guy, where you see ESPN? It shows you don't even own a dish talk less of a decoder
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by charlsecy(m): 8:34am On Apr 18, 2015
@MRLANNISTER

For that SLIDEwaxie matter, I wonder where he got his own GOtv from.... A GOtv that shows Channel O, Trace, ESPN, Glitz..... Has that guy really seen a decoder? Chai!!!
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2015
charlsecy:
@MRLANNISTER

For that SLIDEwaxie matter, I wonder where he got his own GOtv from.... A GOtv that shows Channel O, Trace, ESPN, Glitz..... Has that guy really seen a decoder? Chai!!!
MRLANNISTER:

Guy, where you see ESPN? It shows you don't even own a dish talk less of a decoder
dudes, sorry for ur loss, ok?

Naturally, gotv shows trace, ok? For ESPN and glitz, it requires just a little tweaking and upgrading to display. It is simple, ask from the viewing centre owners. They will gladly introduce them. Even with a strong decoder, u will make some stations work freely.

I hope u knw u can upgrade ur software both offline and in air?
And I hope u knw that transmission varies by states. If anybody from Ogun state says his gotv doesn't show trace and Chanel o, then I'm lying.

In akure, anybody can confirm this, gotv doesn't display more than 15 stations. African magic is not even there talk less of hiptv. Ask anybody from akure. U can't watch nat geo, discovery or aony max. So if your area doesn't transmit trace and Chanel O, dnt blame me.

I bet u dnt even knw u can use your Mtn subscription for full transmittion with the dstv. But the only reason I dnt do dt was because it requires u changing the settings every now and then.

But my gotv clearly shows: espn, glitz, with tweak, but trace, sound city, hiptv, super sport select, discovery world, Sony max, African magic general, Yoruba and Hausa, and so fuckin much more without tweaking.

And, I dnt even have a dish because gotv doesn't use a dish. I not mine long time ago and the antenna is even internal not the new ones with external antenna. My antenna is the small one u just hang inside or on ur decoder.
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by charlsecy(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2015
@SLIDEwaxie

You said that without tweaking you can get Trace; but it is not listed on their website. I cannot find it on my list either.

Check http://nigeria.gotvafrica.com/mobi/channel-line-up.aspx

The only channels beginning with letter "T" they offer are Telemundo and Televista. GOtv does not "naturally" show Trace .
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:29am On Apr 18, 2015
charlsecy:
@SLIDEwaxie

You said that without tweaking you can get Trace; but it is not listed on their website. I cannot find it on my list either.

Check http://nigeria.gotvafrica.com/mobi/channel-line-up.aspx

The only channels beginning with letter "T" they offer are Telemundo and Televista. GOtv does not "naturally" show Trace .
if ur go TV doesn't offer trace, sorry abt dt. I av it. And I av trace since 2013 dt I bought and tweaked my decoder. Listen bro, upgrade and dnt choose Nigeria. I knw u think it won't work but the guy who sold it did it right in his office, ok? And he said he only have to change some settings which he did with just a token since 2013.

My Gotv has trace urban, channel O is at channel 70 even though it stopped airing since march 31st according to M-net.

Anyways, whatever u think. Even if u say I dnt even av a TV. No wahala grin
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by starlingbawa(m): 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
kraftykc:

Something or someone has to come resolve an issue you are encouraging? Bro be fair to any government that does anything; if say they suspend DSTV's airing will you stand behind the government and forego your precious SS3?

Let's not lie, the Nigerian populace is not disciplined enough to solve this matter so its unfair to pass all the buck to the government

What would you rather have the citizenry do?

Let's hear a brilliant idea if you ve got one? I'd be willing to give it a try!
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by starlingbawa(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
dapipson:
SS3? na which secondary school you dey wey you no wan graduated?

Huh
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by starlingbawa(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
pofolo:

The same ss3 that failed to show copa del ray and some european qualifiers ?, that we dey watch freely on free-to-air, even ordinary startimes dey show am.

I repeat, DSTV is over hyped.
#teamFTA

I guess you ve got a point there...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mile Market: Largest Market In Port Harcourt: Photos & Video / List Of Top Oil Producing Companies In Nigeria / 5 Ways To Save Money In Nigeria!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.