Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,156 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:52 AM

'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman (25533 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by stkris(m): 8:21am On Jan 31, 2009
how come modenine javalove hasnt responded to this thread cheesy
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by bgees(m): 8:51am On Jan 31, 2009
Mode 9 fans are here trashin Rugged for not responding with a track. The fact is after reading this interview, Mode 9 himself will dread a Rugged man reply. Rugged man might just make a more explicit track out of this interview.

And i liked the way Rugged went hard and personal on the interview. Old man Modenine deservd it.

40yr old? With no success and no hope for pension. Modenine is doomed. I am expecting him to enlist with the Nigerian Army just like Canibus!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by semid4lyfe(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2009
Modenine had better dust up that is HND in building technology certificate he got 4rm bida poly in '93 and start applying 4 work cos d rap game no pay am at all.
Imagine been broke at 40.Na 2 commit suicide remain na--LOL.
I agree wt the poster who said RM eclipsed M9 on the jaiye aboderin posthumous track.Truth be told all rap artiste's eclipse modenine on any joint effort-the guy is heavy on punchlines,metaphors n wordplay but very POOR on delivery.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Taurusbull: 10:12am On Jan 31, 2009
Guy, e go too pain Mode 9 if Rugged no reply. Dis na the only chance for Nigerians to know who dem dey call Mode 9 because if Rugged Man dey talk, plenty plenty people dey listen. Imagine Rugged put those words ontop 1 fine beat.

e la oju kan  grin grin

The earlier u realize that this is Naija, the better
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2009
tell the dude to put all that in a track cool
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by bgees(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2009
Now i know why Terry tha Rapman said 'boys are not smiling'.

Boys are broke, boys are hungry and boys may soon die of hunger. Boys like Modenine , OD and Terry tha Rapman!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2009
u no well o
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by darequam(m): 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2009
Swatroot bebe! Are those tight raprs?
Someone raps 4 mechanic, they heard and they panic.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tedd(m): 3:29pm On Jan 31, 2009
Look i like the two of them rappers i like their style and concepts but i still prefer Modenine to Ruggedy Baba. I will also sugeested a hip- hop one on one like 8mile movie to be HOsted by JIMMY JATT> IT will bew a 30mins battle rap show.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by javalove(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2009
clears throat

What the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??

This guys just showed the world how dumb he be.

I could read the anger in that interview man !!!!!

This guy is sooooo pathetic

How come all he has to brag about is how much money he has? - -that aint the issue here boys!!!!!

Now i know there are lots of dumb asses in here!!!!

Ruggedman is not a politician for God's sake, he's supposed to be a rapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the studio and do the harm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let him stop skirting and reply him!!!!

He's the double edged sqord that slices people, he dey name names but wen its time for him to show how great he is on the mic, he dey schiken out and suing for peace!!!

The guys is a big fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b]

And what the heck is with the cars he's claiming he got

i can tell u guys all na from drug money!!!!

if modo no fit hit below the belt, i would put it on my blog and list the names of other artistes in it !!!!!

all that money aint from album sales oooooooooo

this muafuka just dey decieve people.

AND WHO THE HELL SAID MODO IS BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

THE FACT THAT HE;S KEEPING IT SIMPLE, AND NOT DOING FRAUD OR DRUGS AS MOST ARTISTES ARE DOING DOESNT MEAN HE'S BROKE

MANNNNNNNNNNNN NAIRALANDERS UNA DEY FALL MY HAND I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ALL OF UNA GO TINK SAY UNA DEY YARN CORRECT FOR UNA EYE NOW OOOOOO

U GUYS ARE FOOLS WALAHI!!!!!

WHAT THE mess

RUGGEDMAN CAN NEVER IN HIS CAREER BE AS GOOD AS MODO ON THE MIC!!!!!

HE CANT SPIT THAT RAW MAN!!!!!

RAPPERS ARE JUDGED ON HOW GOOD THEY ARE, NOT HOW MUCH MONEY DEY ARE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAY THE HELL IS THE RUGGED SOUL BRAIN WAHSING U GUYS AND BASTARDIZING THE THIBNKING OF UPCOMING RAPPERS!!!!?

CANT WE HAVE REAL RAPPERS ANYMORE?

RAPPERS WHO DO IT FOR THE LOVE AND ALL THAT?

THE NEXT TIME RUGGED BRAGS ABOUT THOSE ILL GOTTEN CARS AND MONEY AGAIN, I SWEAR I GO EXPOSE AM!!!

I WOULD GO TO ONLINE FORUMS, WRITE TO THE MEDIA HOUSES AND GIVE THEM ALL THE HINTS THEY NEED!!!

ONE DAY DEM GO CATCH AM!!!

OLE OLORIBURUKU OMO ALE!!!!!!

ONI GBANA!!!!!!!!

DAN BANZA MUTUM WAAWA KAWAI!!!![/b]
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by debojyde(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
javalove:

clears throat

How come all he has to brag about is how much money he has? - -that aint the issue here boys!!!!!

Ruggedman is not a politician for God's sake, he's supposed to be a rapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the double edged sqord that slices people, he dey name names but wen its time for him to show how great he is on the mic, he dey schiken out and suing for peace!!!

[b]

if modo no fit hit below the belt, i would put it on my blog and list the names of other artistes in it !!!!!

THE FACT THAT HE;S KEEPING IT SIMPLE, AND NOT DOING FRAUD OR DRUGS AS MOST ARTISTES ARE DOING DOESNT MEAN HE'S BROKE

MANNNNNNNNNNNN NAIRALANDERS UNA DEY FALL MY HAND I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE mess

RAPPERS ARE JUDGED ON HOW GOOD THEY ARE, NOT HOW MUCH MONEY DEY ARE MAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAY THE HELL IS THE RUGGED SOUL BRAIN WAHSING U GUYS AND BASTARDIZING THE THIBNKING OF UPCOMING RAPPERS!!!!?

THE NEXT TIME RUGGED BRAGS ABOUT THOSE ILL GOTTEN CARS AND MONEY AGAIN, I SWEAR I GO EXPOSE AM!!!

I WOULD GO TO ONLINE FORUMS, WRITE TO THE MEDIA HOUSES AND GIVE THEM ALL THE HINTS THEY NEED!!!

ONI GBANA!!!!!!!!

WTF undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2009
javalove:

clears throat

[b]

WHAT THE mess

ONI GBANA!!!!!!!!

Eazy Java cheesy
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by pheesayor(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2009
javalove:

clears throat

[b]

WHAT THE mess

ONI GBANA!!!!!!!!

Of course thats true, I decided to keep quite on this matter but with this from javalove, I just have to add my own voice to it.
How many shows have rugged been to lately? How is his september 20 clothing line doing? Bad I feel.
And who says modenine is broke, any proof?

I'll be expecting death blow pt 2 from modenine to silence ruggedman forever
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2009
java ode ni e!!!!!
long posts dont change anytn!!!!!!!

mode9 is below par compared to other celebs!!!!
take it or leave it!!!!

u dey argue say rugged dey brag about him money, wut of mode9 foolishly bragging about sum1 elses money just to hit a point
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by javalove(m): 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
@Khyne

I don dey contact my guys, dis muafuka must be exposed walahi

and he still has boys that browse for him oooo doing yahoo yahoo tunz. i know one of them. he lives in lagos island
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2009
javalove:

@Khyne

and he still has boys that browse for him oooo doing yahoo yahoo tunz. i know one of them. he lives in lagos island

ARE U SERIOUS shocked shocked
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2009
stupid twats undecided

rugged has told mode9 to come out and speak if he is man enuf cheesy
great rapper without anytn to show for it!!!!! wat a waste of God given talent
40yr old miserable old man!!!!!!
if he continues like this he will die a low life!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by pheesayor(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2009
javalove:

@Khyne

No wonder modo says he's got incriminating facts, I cant wait for him to hit below the belt.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by khanye(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2009
tosinaded@:

stupid twats undecided

Come out and talk about what dude
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by pheesayor(m): 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2009
tosinaded@:

stupid twats undecided

TOSIN!!!!! After you will say no one should mind what u say.
WHat if modenine is 40? He's being in the game for so long no doubt but u cant judge his success with cash cos when he started rap, it wwasnt as acceptable as is it now. And dont modenine is broke till u gat proofs, I mean REAL PROOFS
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Ibime(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2009
First of all, Mode9 is nowhere near broke. He just doesn't have Nigerian mentality of flashing money about like pesin wey never see money before. Modey is from a middle-class family, not a tout like Rugged wey dey behave like nouveau-riche.

Mode9 get money pass all of una for here wey dey shout anyhow, except me sha.

That said, Mode9 is losing fans by refusing to spit in pidgin or local dialect. He is not keeping an eye on his business.

Skill-wise however, Rugged is no match for Mode9. Lets not bastardise HipHop by making this all about money. Skill for skill, Rugged must bow to baba Mode.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2009
pheesayor:

TOSIN!!!!! After you will say no one should mind what u say.
WHat if modenine is 40? He's being in the game for so long no doubt but u cant judge his success with cash cos when he started rap, it wwasnt as acceptable as is it now. And dont modenine is broke till u gat proofs, I mean REAL PROOFS

who cares how long he has been in the game
h can be 70 for all i care!!!!!

the simple fact is that mode9 aint an artiste!!!!
he will die the way he started!!!!!!

una dey shout talent talent!!! who say rugged has no talent?
mode9 posseses just one quality of a rapper and that is his lyrics!!!! which ruggedman def cant match him

but if any1 say mode is better cos he is more lyrical than rugged the ure a joke!!!!!!!

many things combine to say a musician is successful and the lyrics is just one of it!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by lalaboi(m): 7:03pm On Jan 31, 2009
1 thread, . . . . . . 2days old. . . . .4pages, . . .

Tosin, . . . .

How quickly ya opinions can change, . , .

2day, mode is better lyrically. . . .2mrw he is not good at all. . . .nextweek. . . . .rugged can match mode, . . . . .
**shakes head*** lol

@Topic. . .
If he doesnt reply. . . .means he's accepted defeat and tryn to play smart. . . .Which i think will backfire on him. . .Neutral minds reading the interview will think he's a coward. . . . .erryone knows how he made his way to the top. . . . .so theres nothing bad in anothe rapper tryng the same tactics on him. . . .and if he feels they tryn to get famous tru him. . . thinktwice. . . .these guy is famous already, more than him IMO. . . . .and i think people need to get their their dictionaries out to know the meaning of broke. . . Ignorance is a disease. . . .Rugged aint relevant in the game anymore. . .the guy at 40 is more relevant than him. . .disgrace. . . .

Tosin. . . . No waste ya typn skills. . . . . I nor go yarn u NADA if u quote or reply me tongue
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by javalove(m): 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2009
Ibime:

First of all, Mode9 is nowhere near broke. He just doesn't have Nigerian mentality of flashing money about like pesin wey never see money before. Modey is from a middle-class family, not a tout like Rugged wey dey behave like nouveau-riche.

That said, Mode9 is losing fans by refusing to spit in pidgin or local dialect. He is not keeping an eye on his business.

Skill-wise however, Rugged is no match for Mode9. Lets not bastardise HipHop by making this all about money. Skill for skill, Rugged must bow to baba Mode.

U r blessed!!!!

@tosin

na ur types dey make artistes carry gun up and down

na ur type dey make dem do drugs

na ur type dey make dem do yahoo yahoo

u are fool man!!!!!!!

When wud nigerians eva learn to appreciate skill, hardwork at the expense of hardwork!!!!!

Modo has neva bragged about money for God's sake!!!!!

I like his lifestyle. Very very simple!!!!

He reasons in a simple way and he comes from a family that aint doing badly!!!!

Ruggedman is a fool!!!!

Na him dey feed una brais with nonsense!!!!!!!

ALMIGHTY GOD, I PRAY U EXPOSE THIS FRAUDLENT FOOL!!!!

If na 2face dey take money brag now, i can understand cos he got shows, endorsements and all that!!!

The fool no get endorsements, na album sales and shows e take buy3 or 4 cars!!!!!

GOS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

COMPARE THEM ON SKILL!!!!!!

NOT ON MONEY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

MODENINE ONLY SAID OLU MAINTAIN IS RICHER because, OLU GOT MORE MONEY AND HE AINT BRAGGING ABOUT IT, AINT THAT FUNNY?

MAN TOSIN GO TO HELL!!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2009
lalaboi go back and read my post!!!!!
open ur eyes this time!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2009

na ur types dey make artistes carry gun up and down

na ur type dey make dem do drugs

na ur type dey make dem do yahoo yahoo

java try use common sense na!!!!
so rich people in ur opinion aint hard working, the person is def doing drugs or internet fraud?

GOS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

COMPARE THEM ON SKILL!!!!!!

NOT ON MONEY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

like i said before!!! skill is just a part of music
mode9 can brag about his skills andrugged can brag about his awards, money and cars!!!!

MODENINE ONLY SAID OLU MAINTAIN IS RICHER because, OLU GOT MORE MONEY AND HE AINT BRAGGING ABOUT IT, AINT THAT FUNNY?

isnt it funny
from the same person that preaches skill and not money!!!!!
using maintain to campare sum1 who is richer than you!!!
thats insane undecided

u are fool man!!!!!!!

naaaaaaah man ure the foool!!!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 7:29pm On Jan 31, 2009
javalove:

tosin u r an unintelligent brat!!!!

an educated mind like u who completed some good 4yrs in d uni shud reason well

u dey reason like tout,like an ordinary lagosian on d street who knows nothing to look out for in humans except how much they have!!!

u are a disgrace!!!!

u are a waste of resources man!!!

guy stop blabbing and spewing shit jare!!!!!!

p.s
life aint just about black and white there are sumtimes shades of grey!!!!
stop thinking myopically and open ur eyes!!!!
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by javalove(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2009
rosin go and sleep. u sounding dumb now
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2009
Ibime:

Classic trumpery. . . . . .He doesn't have Naija mentality of flashing money OR he doesn't have money to flash??
Jay-Z, 2Pac, Nas, Weezy are Nigerians?? In Rap industry, flossing is the name of the game.
This is no gospel music where artistes are meant to be conservative. . . .This is Rap music and itz all about bragging.

Mode 9 nor get money pass me. . . . .He would run down if he pays ma bills just for 3 months. grin grin grin grin

Keeping an eye on business is a SKILL on it's own.
A rapper must have a target audience and he must be able to turn those into cashflow.
Mode9 is a retard. . . . . .How can u be running a business at a loss for the past 20 years. . . . . .
How many of y'all pray to be as unsuccessful as Mode-9?? A fool at 40 is a Javalove forever. grin grin grin grin

I disagree. . . . . .Mode9 has no delivery. . . . .
People have praised his lyrics but whenever i remember "Neck long like fowl and headwarmers in a blazing sun", i get discouraged.
Ma worst bars in a cold weather is better than anything Mode9 has ptyalised in his poverty-stricken life.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by badman(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2009
some arguments here must really be based on personal issues cos no matter what modenine drops u just wont accept.

saying modenine is trying to seek attention should never even come from ruggedman, cos how did he himself enter the rap game. Ruggedman tried going hard with the interview but as a rapper he should use the mic instead.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Ibime(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2009
~Sauron~:

Classic trumpery. . . . . .He doesn't have Naija mentality of flashing money OR he doesn't have money to flash??
Jay-Z, 2Pac, Nas, Weezy are Nigerians?? In Rap industry, flossing is the name of the game.
This is no gospel music where artistes are meant to be conservative. . . .This is Rap music and itz all about bragging.

Modey is from the Redman/ Methodman school of rappers and such who do not boast. All the rappers you mentioned above did not go to school, dem just dey behave like agbero.

Half of Ruggedmans wealth is a fable. E just dey flash wetin him no get. The fact he has driven 5 cars tells us nothing except that he sells his old car and uses the money to buy a new one. Can he afford to own 5 cars at the same time?

What is Ruggedman's net worth? How much does he command per show? How many endorsement deals does he have, and for how much? Abeg if we want to talk about people who are really making money, lets talk about D'Banj, P Square and such.

~Sauron~:

I disagree. . . . . .Mode9 has no delivery. . . . .
People have praised his lyrics but whenever i remember "Neck long like fowl and headwarmers in a blazing sun", i get discouraged.
Ma worst bars in a cold weather is better than anything Mode9 has ptyalised in his poverty-stricken life.

Onyoshi. . . . oya drop audio snippet make we hear.
Re: 'modenine Is A Bastard And Will Die A Pauper' ----ruggedman by Sauron1: 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2009
Ibime:

On the counterside, there are rappers such as Mos Def, Wyclef, Lauryn Hill and such who do not boast. All the rappers you mentioned above did not go to school, dem just dey behave like agbero.

Can u boast about what you don't have??
50 cent boasts a lot cos he's got money. . . . .Same as Jigga and P.Diddy. . . .
That is showmanship. . . . .It is what Rapping is all about.

Half of Ruggedmans wealth is a fable. E just dey flash wetin him no get.

By Naija standards, he is not bad at all.
The same Naija produced Mode9 at 40 with no automobile and crib he can call his own.

What is Ruggedman's net worth? How much does he command per show? How many endorsement deals does he have, and for how much? Abeg if we want to talk about people who are really making money, lets talk about D'Banj, P Square and such.

D'banj is not your average joe. . . . . . . .He already made his money in the UK before going to Naija to sell records.
He is not your average Naija hustler who made money in that difficult Naija economy.
P-square, i don't really know about those. . . . . .Are they rappers?? Why are u mixing oil n water??

Onyoshi. . . . oya drop audio snippet make we hear.

I am hitting the studio tomorrow.
Watchout for Ibime's diss(Deathblow II) from me.

#using modenine's blueprint#
Your neck thick like pitbull/Ibime wearing headwarmer in Timbuktu/while visiting Archbishop Desmond Tutu/. . . . . . grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rock Music Is Satanic? / 'Audio Money' Video - Rudeboy (Featuring Shatta Bandle) / What Are The 5 Hottest Songs On Your Playlist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.