Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,906 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Gov. Ajimobi To Visit Mecca With 10 Islamic Scholars For Reelection Thanksgiving - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ajimobi To Visit Mecca With 10 Islamic Scholars For Reelection Thanksgiving (445 Views)

IGP Idris Visit Mecca & Medina For Hajj(photos) / Christmas Gifts From Florence Ajimobi To Oyo People (Photos) / Gowon Joins Ajimobi To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ajimobi To Visit Mecca With 10 Islamic Scholars For Reelection Thanksgiving by TheOtherview: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
Gov. Ajimobi to visit Mecca with 10 Islamic scholars for reelection thanksgiving

April 17, 2015

Oyo State Governor Abiola Ajimobi is still in an exultant mood after his victory last week in the governorship election where he triumphed in a formidable field that featured his two immediate predecessors. At some point last year, some pundits were predicting a loss for the governor. But he somehow managed to pull it off, defeating Rashidi Ladoja, Adebayo Alao-Akala, and Teslim Folarin of Accord, LP and PDP respectively.

At the eight-day Fidau for the late chief Imam of Ibadanland, Sheikh Baosari Haruna, the governor asked the Islamic scholars present to select 10 of them to accompany him to Saudi Arabia to perform the lesser Hajj ( Umrah) to thank Allah for His mercies on him and the state following his reelection.

Ajimobi also spoke about how in the buildup to the election, he had to relocate from the Government House to his private residence in Ibadan, the state capital. Some of his opponents claimed that he moved because he knew he was going to lose. Gov. Ajimobi however disclosed that he fled because his opponents directed evil traditional sacrifices – ebo – at him.

“hey first came to you Alfas to give them prayers that will send me out of office, but my own Alfa’s prayers superseded theirs.

“Every morning, I go out for exercise. If you know the Government House very well, it has many interchanges, popularly called orita, I see all kinds of sacrifices (ebo) placed at these junctions.

“Worried by these developments, some of you my Alfas here advised me to move out of the Government House to render their evil plots useless,’’ he said.

Source

(1) (Reply)

Ex-egyptian President Mohamed Morsy Was Sentenced To 20 Years-lesson For Nigeria / Afenifere: Work Against Lagos Interest, Be Swallowed By The Lagoon / I'm Not Your Role Model-tinubu Slams Kashamu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.