Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,593 members, 7,929,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:47 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1285748 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (1547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
hulk616:
it rivals only the pirated one.
I didn't realise I was conversing with a Neanderthal. Sorry bye.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
So much pain.
So much pain.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Shittaakeem:
So much pain. So much pain.
yea, it's a human thing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2019
Shittaakeem:
So much pain. So much pain.
yea, it's a human thing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by misky2000(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
Minemrys:

WB is a small c0mpany c0mpared to Disney. Had u said Sony, i'd be m0re relaxed to think that's a worthy challenge to Disney.
no u are wrong man.
WB is the second largest and richest studio in Hollywood after Disney and has the potential to become the first if they can put their act back together. Go and do ur research WB has some of the best movies ever made and the richest franchise in history of Cinema, something that Disney is not going to match any time soon. The only thing that has been keeping Disney on top for the last 4 years is MCU and the star wars franchise with some of their live action films which are basically remakes of the 90's animations. Unlike WB which have the Tolken universe (the Lord of the rings and hobbits trilogies, and they have only scratch the surface of that universe which has the potential to be bigger than the MCU if done right), the Harry Potter universe, the monster verse, horror genre (WB has the largest horror franchise now which is IT and the conjuring universe.) and so many other. And last but not least the DC universe. Seriously anyone with correct reasoning will know that unlike the MCU in which it brand popularity will die out after reaching it's zenith this year the DC universe has the stories to keep on making films for the next 30 years non stop. The that is WB biggest property which if managed the right way will create a franchise 5 time bigger than the MCU.

And I think the greatest problem with WB are it's executives which don't know how to manage a movie studio something which Disney has in abundance. I bet you give Disney the property WB have no studio in Hollywood will ever be able to beat them. That the major reason Disney is buying up other studios in other to develop their properties because they are running out of what to make. Who wants to bet that by 2020 Disney will be knocked out of first position in the box office and WB will take over. For those of u who will doubt what I'm saying go and do ur research Disney only make Blockbusters from one or two genres a year while WB makes movies that touches every genre from comedy, horror, adventure, action, romance, fantasy and comicbook movies and even animations. To me for Disney to keep dominating the coming year they need need to diversify their properties unless they are going to get a steep fall in the coming years

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2019
misky2000:
no u are wrong man.
WB is the second largest and richest studio in Hollywood after Disney and has the potential to become the first if they can put their act back together. Go and do ur research WB has some of the best movies ever made and the richest franchise in history of Cinema, something that Disney is not going to match any time soon. The only thing that has been keeping Disney on top for the last 4 years is MCU and the star wars franchise with some of their live action films which are basically remakes of the 90's animations. Unlike WB which have the Tolken universe (the Lord of the rings and hobbits trilogies, and they have only scratch the surface of that universe which has the potential to be bigger than the MCU if done right), the Harry Potter universe, the monster verse, horror genre (WB has the largest horror franchise now which is IT and the conjuring universe.) and so many other. And last but not least the DC universe. Seriously anyone with correct reasoning will know that unlike the MCU in which it brand popularity will die out after reaching it's zenith this year the DC universe has the stories to keep on making films for the next 30 years non stop. The that is WB biggest property which if managed the right way will create a franchise 5 time bigger than the MCU.

And I think the greatest problem with WB are it's executives which don't know how to manage a movie studio something which Disney has in abundance. I bet you give Disney the property WB have no studio in Hollywood will ever be able to beat them. That the major reason Disney is buying up other studios in other to develop their properties because they are running out of what to make. Who wants to bet that by 2020 Disney will be knocked out of first position in the box office and WB will take over. For those of u who will doubt what I'm saying go and do ur research Disney only make Blockbusters from one or two genres a year while WB makes movies that touches every genre from comedy, horror, adventure, action, romance, fantasy and comicbook movies and even animations. To me for Disney to keep dominating the coming year they need need to diversify their properties unless they are going to get a steep fall in the coming years

You forgot to mention Matrix franchise.

Seriously Warner Bros has made some of the greatest movies in Hollywood.
I can't forget those glory days.

They have prominent franchises with them.

- DC
- Harry Potter franchise
- Godzilla franchise
- Conjuring franchise

Money spinners all of em...especially DC.

What does Disney have going for them..?

Marvel ,Star Wars and the animated Disney/Pixar movies.

If Disney is not milking Star Wars, Marvel or Pixar animations, they would be remaking their old classics like Alladin, Lion King...etc.

Disney needs serious diversification.

After buying FOX, It is now a three horse race for dominance in Hollywood between Warner Bros, Disney and Universal.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
BlackManta:

You forgot to mention Matrix franchise.

Seriously Warner Bros has made some of the greatest movies in Hollywood.
I can't forget those glory days.

They have prominent franchises with them.

- DC
- Harry Potter franchise
- Godzilla franchise
- Conjuring franchise

Money spinners all of em...especially DC.

What does Disney have going for them..?

Marvel ,Star Wars and the animated Disney/Pixar movies.

If Disney is not milking Star Wars, Marvel or Pixar animations, they would be remaking their old classics like Alladin, Lion King...etc.

Disney needs serious diversification.

After buying FOX, It is now a three horse race for dominance in Hollywood between Warner Bros, Disney and Universal.
Disney has pirates of the caribbean too, don't forget. Universal still dey picture so. E d0n tey wey i see their films oh. Am i the only one pissed Disney bought Fox? Now disney is l0oking to create a m0n0poly which might extend to buying summit and s0me other small studio. And, S0ny is bigger than WB.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2019
don't even give me that BS,show me any studio that doesn't spend heavily on campaigns,most of you DC fans are just clueless

philfearon:

Disney out-spends all... Really, this is not even up for argument!!!
If Disney spent $140m to market Spiderman : Homecoming, then use your head and know what the marketing costs for all Avengers movies and Civil War will be.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2019
Minemrys:

WB is a small c0mpany c0mpared to Disney. Had u said Sony, i'd be m0re relaxed to think that's a worthy challenge to Disney.
You are wrong Sir. WB is the second biggest studio behind Disney.

Thanks to the smash successes of “Aquaman,” “A Star Is Born,” and “The Meg,” Warner Bros. capped off 2018 with a new milestone. The studio had its biggest year to date at the worldwide box office, crossing $5.6 billion in ticket sales.
That number outpaced the record set last year ($39.8 billion) by 6%. Both domestic and international markets contributed to the boost in ticket sales, putting the studio behind Disney at No 2. in terms of market share.
The studio’s North American box office bounty crossed $11.9 billion, up 7% from last year and eclipsing its previous record of $11.4 billion in 2016. Overseas, Warner Bros. generated $30.3 billion, an uptick of 6% from 2017’s benchmark of $28.7 billion.
The improvement was due in part to foreign markets, where Warner Bros. saw record years in 21 territories, including China, Russia, and Ukraine. Titles that did modest business in the states like “Ready Player One” and “Rampage,” were able to pull in crowds and resonate in a big way overseas.
“Non-traditional films really worked in those regions, and that was very interesting,” said Tom Molter, Warner Bros.’ head of international distribution. “That means audiences are very receptive to go to the movies and see good stories. That’s very encouraging.”
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by misky2000(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2019
Minemrys:

Disney has pirates of the caribbean too, don't forget. Universal still dey picture so. E d0n tey wey i see their films oh. Am i the only one pissed Disney bought Fox? Now disney is l0oking to create a m0n0poly which might extend to buying summit and s0me other small studio. And, S0ny is bigger than WB.
I know that but everyone knows that LOTR franchise is 10 bigger than POTC franchise. Seriously WB can make as much as 5 films from the simarillion book alone which is the first age in the Tolken universe not to talk about the second and third age.( LOTR and hobbits are a small part of the events that took place in the third age). My point is that WB has the potential to be far greater than Disney only if their executives managed their properties well enough.
And a reminder WB is bigger than sony
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
Minemrys:

Sony ain't bigger than WB bro.... Google it WB is just behind Disney in market share
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
Minemrys:

Yes Pirates of the Caribbean of old.

Disney want to reboot the franchise.
I doubt the reboot of Pirates of the Caribbean be as successful as the original without Johnny Depp.

This proves my previous statement.

Disney will keep rebooting their old classics because they have nothing else going for them aside Pixar animations and Marvel.

POC was dragged too far.
Everybody says 4 and 5 was not needed so Disney has to start afresh because they can't offer something new.

They will replace Johnny Depp with a new female lead, a mistake they will regret later.

Most of Disney money comes from subsidiary studios they own like Marvel and Pixar and Lucasfilm- makers of Star Wars.
And now that Avengers is coming to an end, they need something better.

They bought Fox so they can milk X-men and other franchises FOX own.
My fear is that X-men will be turned into a light, cheesy comedy fest like most of the MCU.

Universal Studios are doing well.

Jurassic Park franchise keeps making billions for them.
Fast and Furious franchise too... Which is the eight most successful franchise in Hollywood.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2019
BlackManta:

I doubt the reboot of Pirates of the Caribbean be as successful as the original without Johnny Depp.

Disney will keep rebooting their old classics because they have nothing else going for them aside Pixar animations and Marvel.

POC was dragged too far.
Everybody says 4 and 5 was not needed so Disney has to start afresh because they can't offer something new.

They will replace Johnny Depp with a new female lead, a mistake they will regret later.

Most of Disney money comes from subsidiary studios they own like Marvel and Pixar and Lucasfilm- makers of Star Wars.

My fear is that X-men will be turned into a light, cheesy comedy fest like most of the MCU.

Fast and Furious franchise too... Which is the eight most successful franchise in Hollywood.

I think Disney has ruined the Star Wars franchise already with their generic and overused narrative. I can only see them taking advantage of their animation studios like Pixar and DreamWorks.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2019
Young Justice season 3 final aired today after 5 years cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2019
misky2000:
I know that but everyone knows that LOTR franchise is 10 bigger than POTC franchise. Seriously WB can make as much as 5 films from the simarillion book alone which is the first age in the Tolken universe not to talk about the second and third age.( LOTR and hobbits are a small part of the events that took place in the third age). My point is that WB has the potential to be far greater than Disney only if their executives managed their properties well enough.
And a reminder WB is bigger than sony
and how is it that AT&T wanted buying WB?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
BlackManta:

POC was dragged too far.

just that universal d0n't release films that much. X men, i'll miss the days of Bryan Singer.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:23am On Jan 05, 2019
Minemrys:

and how is it that AT&T wanted buying WB?

AT&T bought time warner company time warner is the parent company of WB. So buying the parent company means you bought everything else.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:24am On Jan 05, 2019
misky2000:
no u are wrong man.

Well said. Its as if you read my mind
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2019
Minemrys:

Sony is not bigger than WB but is getting close to wb.

However, disney should be worried about netflix because Netflix is now bigger than WB, Sony and even fox studios.

Disney is just leading Netflix with $8bn in market cap. Netflix will definitely outrun Disney in the nearest future.

My only pain is that wb is not holding their partnership with Netflix very serious. Those guys in WB need deliverance

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:47am On Jan 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

AT&T bought time warner company time warner is the parent company of WB. So buying the parent company means you bought everything else.
yea, that's what i mean. Wouldn't Time warner being a big corporation prevent a buy out?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:54am On Jan 05, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Sony is not bigger than WB but is getting close to wb.

However, disney should be worried about netflix because Netflix is now bigger than WB, Sony and even fox studios.

Disney is just leading Netflix with $8bn in market cap. Netflix will definitely outrun Disney in the nearest future.

My only pain is that wb is not holding their partnership with Netflix very serious. Those guys in WB need deliverance
WB? I give up on those guys. I realized early on its management don't know how to utilize their properties. But they are good at acquiring intellectual properties e.g HP, LOTR and having the foresight early on to buy DC comics and Fawcett comics. But the problem is after they acquire them, they treat the properties with little seriousness.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:00am On Jan 05, 2019
MJBOLT:
don't even give me that BS,show me any studio that doesn't spend heavily on campaigns,most of you DC fans are just clueless

E pain am!!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2019
Minemrys:

yea, that's what i mean. Wouldn't Time warner being a big corporation prevent a buy out?
There are sharks, and there are Whales!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:15am On Jan 05, 2019
Minemrys:

WB? I give up on those guys. I realized early on its management don't know how to utilize their properties. But they are good at acquiring intellectual properties e.g HP, LOTR and having the foresight early on to buy DC comics and Fawcett comics. But the problem is after they acquire them, they treat the properties with little seriousness.
I thought they have rearranged and restructured management after the acquisition by AT&T?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:30am On Jan 05, 2019
philfearon:

I thought they have rearranged and restructured management after the acquisition by AT&T?
who kn0ws? We just have to watch things unfold.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
Minemrys:

You forget that WB also own top gaming franchises such as mortal kombat and mortal kombat x, injustice 1& 2, etc which are available on PS consoles, Android and iphones devices.

They also partner with Netflix to turn top Japanese animes into movies. E.g Bleach, full metal achelmist, etc but I don't think they are taking the partnership seriously. Sometimes I wonder if the management of WB actually know what they are doing. They have a lot at their disposal to be far bigger than Disney but here they are still lagging behind.

Disney of recent finally gave Netflix rights to air avengers and have also partnered with Hulu for streaming services partnership.

Make WB dey look like mumu.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2019
philfearon:

Yes they have, AT&T have taking over maybe that's why Aquaman was a huge success because the WB I know before no get sense on how to promote their movies and products.

I just pray AT&T can flush out all those incompetent losers holding management positions and give it to people who are more strategic and dynamic
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
philfearon:

E pain am!!!
grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
so many cry babies here grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
Disney gives them nightmares grin

Shittaakeem:

My Guy u remember me quoting u that aquaman will not win an oscar some days ago.

I knew this was gonna happen.

Look at them blaming Disney.

ps. I already saw that list two weeks ago. A website predicted this.

Just so you know DC fans All the website pundits predicting film that will be nominated never listed Aquaman Yes you heard me none including IMDB top 70.

All marvel movies released this year we're listed including Spiderman into the spider verse and Venom

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2019
MJBOLT:
Disney gives them nightmares grin

Aswear the hate for Disney on this no be small matter
Movie Flop Disney
Poor Box Office Disney
No Oscar Nomination Disney
Poor Critic review Disney

But when Disney decided not to release star wars or push their major movies to December No thank you.

At least they should appreciate Disney for not releasing star wars December 2018.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
Minemrys:

who kn0ws? We just have to watch things unfold.
Abi!

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (1547) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.