Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:08 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1260714 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (1544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
Minemrys:

correcti0n. Superman returns came during batman begins, did it do well? No. It was intended to fit in with batman begins but n0lan was against it. Dc has been trying to do the shared universe but they weren't serious. Why? Wb had other franchise, harry p0tter, lord of the rings that brought m0ney so it made them unserious. If they didn't think of a shared universe, what about superman lives, the nicolas cage film featuring batman? Had batman and robin d0ne well or written well, we could've seen supes. He was even menti0ned with metropolis. What u can say is wb weren't serious in making a dc shared verse n0t that they were scared. Then c0mic films were taken unseriously.
That's their fault for not trying, they were scared. They could have done what Marvel did, Marvel wasn't getting a big slice of the pie from Fox or Sony, so they decided to go their own way. They waited to see what the competition would do. Once upon a time, pirate movies tanked rather badly (I still say Cuthroat Island was awesome, Geena Davis should have been an action star, The Long Kiss Goodnight still kicks ass), until Pirates of the Caribbean. Have we all forgotten that Blade actually did well, before they messed it up. Joel killed Batman with Batman & Robin, I can't believe I thought that film was good (I was young), we even had Demolition Man, The Mask, TMNT & Judge Dredd (the remake was a way better film, watch that). Although, we did have flops like Tank Girl (I don't know how I understood this film), Catwoman nearly destroyed Halle Berry's career, Batman & Robin needs a special place in the history books (they actually had certain costumes to simply sell toys), TMNT 3 was another cash cow made to swindle parents out of their money. V for Vendetta already had a rough ride since Alan Moore has issues with Hollywood & the adaptation of his comic The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen tanked faster than the Titanic. As you can see I've given you quite the list of comic book based films, some you might not even know we're comics (see Road to Perdition, RED, Wanted, Kick-Ass). Comic book films have seen a resurgence, now could someone adapt Super Crooks already, 'cause I need that in my life. AMC hurry up with Thief of Thieves tv series already...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
Minemrys:

lols n0 w0nder marvel's kiddie. Kids love puny hulk. Hahahahaha <joker laugh> looks like the marvel fans are spraying joker gas in here. Lolx.
And yet again, you still miss the point. Ironically, you actually sound like a child right now, the leet speak isn't helping you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
cao:

And your point being? You do know there's a terrible Supergirl film already right? In fact the woman that plays Supergirl's adoptive mother in the tv series actually played Supergirl in the 80s film. The Supergirl movie was filled with shoddy writing, plot & terrible VFX, but that's the producers', director's & writers' fault. The film had Peter O'Toole & they made him act like an idiot. Yes, everybody and their mother knows that Iron Man is a proper C-lister, in fact he's even more D-list with the terrible 90s cartoon. Do you know why he did well? They killed it with good casting, an okay script & decent CGI. Look at GotG, I actually used to read Marvel comics (X-Men was my life), I'd never heard of GotG at all, they are almost Z-list - that film killed it. Why? It was funny, it was a good space romp. DC is trying to go with the dark realistic approach, good for them, but when I'm busy thinking about the tax payers of Smallville & Metropolis, while I'm watching MoS, then you know you've failed me. During Avengers, I wasn't thinking about New York, I was like oh s**t Hulk is smashing, spiny camera, my mouth is foaming, die you alien mofos...I thought about New York after I went home, and I was like those tax payers will suffer, but then I'm like that shot of Hulk punching out that big ass alien was sweet. Honestly, MoS was just there, at least Henry took off his shirt.
Plain and Simple. That was something MoS clearly lacked...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
When i said on the Arrow/Flash thread that Man of Steel was dull & uninteresting, the DC fanboys(TonySpike i'm looking at u o) wanted to behead me. Now a DC fanboy has finally admitted it

What a time to be alive

Which DC fan said that? Man of steel, apart from Watchmen, is among the most realistic comic book movie out there. If you don't like it or you find it dull and uninteresting, that's your frigging opinion. I loved Man of Steel, I've had to watch it twice since I watched it at the cinema. Man of Steel brought a new and serious take to making superhero movie and putting drama and action in one single movie. Before then, we only had superhero movies which gave us senseless action scenes without motivation with silly humours.
By the way, the audience loved the movie inspite what some film critics say. MOS had audience scores of 7.5/10 on metacritic, 76% on RT, 7.2 on IMDB and 3/4 on Roger Ebert. If you are among the few who disliked the movie, then goodluck to you. The ship has sailed past since 2013 and we should seeing another superman movie next week
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
Minemrys:
Marvel fans talking abt marvel starting off with C list characters and Dc with A list. Do they kn0w DC's C list characters are m0re ic0nic than their's? Blue beetle, martian manhunter, at0m, huntress, vixen, batgirl, bo0ster gold, c0nstantine, Green arrow, swamp thing, etrigan the dem0n, zatanna, black canary, supergirl, robin, nightwing, terry mcginis, red lanterns, etc. Imagine a Green arrow film d0ne well based on arrow's popularity? Or black canary/huntress film? Even a supergirl film d0ne well. A joker film could reach a billi0n, w0nder if a loki film could do that or a mandarin or red skull or ab0minati0n film could do it, lolx. I hope we see Oliver Queen get to do his thing in the DCEU.
the height of ridicule in this post is laughable. A black canary film?(why would they produce a movie based on a none marketable character?) A supergirl film? (are we forgetting the 1984 crap?) A joker movie? Are you having a laugh? You should be worried about the upcoming wonder woman, aquaman, and cyborg movie and how they will perform in the box office and on review boards and not about how DC can do what marvel is currently doing. If marvel decides to make a loki movie, everybody knows that it will be a hit no doubt about that because marvel has found a way of marketing it's franchise well, heck if they decide to make a squirrel girl movie, it will still sell, remarkably! grin You think a black canary movie will sell if DC tried it? Think again. DC is just deciding to start their own universe and whether it succeeds depends on the success of their solo movies. Iron man, captain America, the incredible Hulk, gotg, ant man, all were positively recieved by people and this built up to the avengers being so successful. When the second justice League film has launched(by that time we would have seen how successful the likes of wonder woman, cyborg, aquaman and flash have been), we will then see if the DC universe is a success, until then... Well until then.

Another place DC messed up in my opinion is deciding to have a multi-verse, as fun as that sounds it actually draws up comparisons. If this flash is successful will the other one be? If you decide to launch an arrow movie, what are you going to do that is different from what has already been done in the TV series? What will be the performance of the guy playing the flash in the movie? Will he be better than the one in the TV series? And considering that DC are casting little known actors for this roles what will they bring to the big screen?. I don't want to start a fanboy war here but as of now, there's no competition between DC and marvel because marvel is light years ahead and DC catching up to them is entirely on their own hands.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
parrotibaba:
the height of ridicule in this post is laughable. A black canary film?(why would they produce a movie based on a none marketable character?) A supergirl film? (are we forgetting the 1984 crap?) A joker movie? Are you having a laugh? You should be worried about the upcoming wonder woman, aquaman, and cyborg movie and how they will perform in the box office and on review boards and not about how DC can do what marvel is currently doing. If marvel decides to make a loki movie, everybody knows that it will be a hit no doubt about that because marvel has found a way of marketing it's franchise well, heck if they decide to make a squirrel girl movie, it will still sell, remarkably! grin You think a black canary movie will sell if DC tried it? Think again. DC is just deciding to start their own universe and whether it succeeds depends on the success of their solo movies. Iron man, captain America, the incredible Hulk, gotg, ant man, all were positively recieved by people and this built up to the avengers being so successful. When the second justice League film has launched(by that time we would have seen how successful the likes of wonder woman, cyborg, aquaman and flash have been), we will then see if the DC universe is a success, until then... Well until then.

Another place DC messed up in my opinion is deciding to have a multi-verse, as fun as that sounds it actually draws up comparisons. If this flash is successful will the other one be? If you decide to launch an arrow movie, what are you going to do that is different from what has already been done in the TV series? What will be the performance of the guy playing the flash in the movie? Will he be better than the one in the TV series? And considering that DC are casting little known actors for this roles what will they bring to the big screen?. I don't want to start a fanboy war here but as of now, there's no competition between DC and marvel because marvel is light years ahead and DC catching up to them is entirely on their own hands.
but is marvel imm0rtal? Are their ways supernatural? Can they do no wr0ng? C0me on guy whats so special abt marvel apart fr0m the fact disney sp0nsors them? Have u forgotten its Wb? The c0mpany that made harry potter, lord of the rings, hobbit etc? How exactly does marvel market their films that wb/dc can't? Whats so ridiculous abt the post? U never said anything abt deadp0ol doing well. After all it came fr0m Fox who made fant4stic. Whats wr0ng with a joker film? U do kn0w the joker is m0re bankable than loki right? Whats wr0ng with a black canary film? Or u think she's m0re of a sidekick like black widow? And who said she wasn't marketable? Answer this questi0n, why would hollyw0od make a Salt film, is the character marketable? Or why would disney pr0duce a maleficent film? Lolx. Supergirl film wasn't d0ne right. It was made to capitalise on the Reeve films. Thats the problem with Wb. Why should i be w0rried abt w0nder w0man, the flash? D0n't tell me u are that dull to n0t understand there are 2 different versi0ns of a character on screen? A la quicksilver? With new franchises up and the era we are n0w, marvel can't bring just anyhow character cos people'll be busy with well meaning films x men, dc, deadp0ol films and others. Gone are the days.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Minemrys:

but is marvel imm0rtal? Are their ways supernatural? Can they do no wr0ng? C0me on guy whats so special abt marvel apart fr0m the fact disney sp0nsors them? Have u forgotten its Wb? The c0mpany that made harry potter, lord of the rings, hobbit etc? How exactly does marvel market their films that wb/dc can't? Whats so ridiculous abt the post? U never said anything abt deadp0ol doing well. After all it came fr0m Fox who made fant4stic. Whats wr0ng with a joker film? U do kn0w the joker is m0re bankable than loki right? Whats wr0ng with a black canary film? Or u think she's m0re of a sidekick like black widow? And who said she wasn't marketable? Answer this questi0n, why would hollyw0od make a Salt film, is the character marketable? Or why would disney pr0duce a maleficent film? Lolx. Supergirl film wasn't d0ne right. It was made to capitalise on the Reeve films. Thats the problem with Wb. Why should i be w0rried abt w0nder w0man, the flash? D0n't tell me u are that dull to n0t understand there are 2 different versi0ns of a character on screen? A la quicksilver? With new franchises up and the era we are n0w, marvel can't bring just anyhow character cos people'll be busy with well meaning films x men, dc, deadp0ol films and others. Gone are the days.
Two versions of a character on screen is different than having two different characters on screen. The x-men quick silver is not the same quick silver that you saw in the avengers, the x-men quick silver is the son of magneto while in the avengers/the mcu, he is the twin brother of scarlet witch. In fact if they were not marvel properties, they would have changed one of their names to another thing. On the other hand, you will have two Barry Allen on TV, two oliver queens, two everything!. The question is will it be a success? that we will find out when those movies come out. Brother before, deadpool was only known in the games and the one that made his live action debut sucked a55, coupled with the movie(which was the worst x-men movie in history). But after the success of the avengers, almost everything marvel has been successful. Do you think that the salt movie will sell without Angelina Jolie? I highly doubt that. Marvel is not all perfect but almost anything they touch sells be it their TV series or movies, who would have thought an ant man movie will sell? or a gotg movie or a Jessica Jones TV series? I'm not talking about financing the movies or promoting it, I'm talking about marketing its characters. Your point about how marvel can't bring another character is ludicrous. Are they not making a doctor strange movie? Captain marvel, black panther, the inhumans movie? Are they not new characters that are going to be launched in the coming years? Marvel have come a long and successful way in that they can sell almost any character they like while DC can't cos they are still at the starting point of their extended universe to be launching a swamp thing or a black canary movie and there is no how a DC fan will be mentioning a black canary movie and still believe that it will sell(the one we saw in birds of prey is bad enough and the other one in arrow is even worse). What are you selling in black canary? Her back story? Why do you think DC is making another batman movie? Why do you think marvel is rebooting the spiderman character? Is it not because they marketable? What is marketable about black canary to warrant her own solo movie? You might as well give us a vixen movie. And a joker movie without batman? Please.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2016
parrotibaba:
Two versions of a character on screen is different than having two different characters on screen. The x-men quick silver is not the same quick silver that you saw in the avengers, the x-men quick silver is the son of magneto while in the avengers/the mcu, he is the twin brother of scarlet witch. In fact if they were not marvel properties, they would have changed one of their names to another thing. On the other hand, you will have two Barry Allen on TV, two oliver queens, two everything!. The question is will it be a success? that we will find out when those movies come out. Brother before, deadpool was only known in the games and the one that made his live action debut sucked a55, coupled with the movie(which was the worst x-men movie in history). But after the success of the avengers, almost everything marvel has been successful. Do you think that the salt movie will sell without Angelina Jolie? I highly doubt that. Marvel is not all perfect but almost anything they touch sells be it their TV series or movies, who would have thought an ant man movie will sell? or a gotg movie or a Jessica Jones TV series? I'm not talking about financing the movies or promoting it, I'm talking about marketing its characters. Your point about how marvel can't bring another character is ludicrous. Are they not making a doctor strange movie? Captain marvel, black panther, the inhumans movie? Are they not new characters that are going to be launched in the coming years? Marvel have come a long and successful way in that they can sell almost any character they like while DC can't cos they are still at the starting point of their extended universe to be launching a swamp thing or a black canary movie and there is no how a DC fan will be mentioning a black canary movie and still believe that it will sell(the one we saw in birds of prey is bad enough and the other one in arrow is even worse). What are you selling in black canary? Her back story? Why do you think DC is making another batman movie? Why do you think marvel is rebooting the spiderman character? Is it not because they marketable? What is marketable about black canary to warrant her own solo movie? You might as well give us a vixen movie. And a joker movie without batman? Please.
thank u. Now re read ur post and see the answers to my questi0n. Salt sold because of who? And fr0m my previous post, what was i emphasizing on? That DC's c list are m0re ic0nic than marvel's if they were to centre it around them n0t when its the A lists they are centering on. If what u said, is true then arrow tv show shoulda failed then. There's s0mething u should kn0w. There's difference btw getting s0mething right and n0t. That we kn0w wb isn't f0nd of doing till n0w. And how do we different 2 speedster when both products have the name marvel on them. Lets say am dumb, how? And who said both flashes and oliver queen would be the same? For all we kn0w, the m0vie oliver could be m0re political, sarcastic and closer to the c0mics than that of arrow. He could even be bl0nde. As for barry, fr0m the c0ncept art, you see the difference.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:17am On Mar 15, 2016
parrotibaba:
and joker is marketable, if he isn't, why is he in suicide squad? Imagine a r rated joker film dealing on his psyche and phil0sophical view? N0t the violent c0mic riddled deadp0ol. A serious joker film. Its a shame ur hate for DC is stunning.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 8:08am On Mar 15, 2016
Minemrys:

and joker is marketable, if he isn't, why is he in suicide squad? Imagine a r rated joker film dealing on his psyche and phil0sophical view? N0t the violent c0mic riddled deadp0ol. A serious joker film. Its a shame ur hate for DC is stunning.
bro why will I hate on DC? Are they owing me money? Or did they steal my car? In fact I'm currently re-watching smallville (which is the best DC TV series I have ever seen, comic superheroes adaptation or not), I follow the flash, I watched the arrow when it was going good(season 1), I watched the crappy Constantine, I'm following the DC legends of tomorrow, I'm following iZombie (this show is definitely up there for me and it's grossly underrated), Lucifer, Gotham and hopefully the preacher when it starts to air. Not that most of them comparable to their marvel counterparts (only the flash and smaville is worth talking about in terms of the superheroes adaptation). In movies, I have seen the crappy supergirl (when I was a kid), I have seen all the batman movies and the supes movies, I saw the crappy green Lantern, heck I have seen the watchmen, Constantine, etc. I don't think you will see any guy that will criticise TDK and TDKR, why? Because both are good movies. And I may be in the marvel contingent, I won't come and criticise something that is working which is what most DC fans are doing. The truth is that marvel currently have the winning formula and it's working perfectly for them, when DC gets to that level, then we will see.

On to your joker point, you do know that the suicide squad is all about the group of death row villains used to fight for justice or whatever, it's an antihero comics, the joker being there certainly is a pull but he is not the main attraction here, heck in the suicide squad movie, Will Smith's deadshot is the lead role. And to further buttress my point about how a joker solo movie without batman will suck, they made sure that batman showed up in suicide squad presumably before the joker was captured. You can't just make a joker movie without adding batman, those two are like bread and butter, it's like someone coming to tell me that a lex luthor movie is marketable without supes grin what story are you going to sell about him? How he got his bald hair?

I'm not saying that marvel is immortal, heck the fantastic four and wolverine origins movies were outright ridiculous and yes people may argue that it's because Fox handled it but it's still marvel products. What marvel is currently doing is tapping from their hugely successful cinematic universe hence the reason they can sell just about any character they want and the audience will enjoy it. Did you know that if the likes of the daredevil and Jessica Jones TV series continue their success, they will get feature movies? A potential Jessica Jones movie? Who would have thought? What's my point? My point, like I have been making ever since, is that DC is still behind marvel currently, they just launched their extended universe in 2013 whilst marvel launched theirs in 2008 and are entering phase three. As much as you love DC entirely and loathe marvel you have to accept that and like I said before, by the time we see the second justice League movie, we will see how far DC have come in terms of matching marvel in the cinematic universe and I tell you it's not going to be easy.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2016
parrotibaba:
bro why will I hate on DC? Are they owing me money? Or did they steal my car? In fact I'm currently re-watching smallville (which is the best DC TV series I have ever seen, comic superheroes adaptation or not), I follow the flash, I watched the arrow when it was going good(season 1), I watched the crappy Constantine, I'm following the DC legends of tomorrow, I'm following iZombie (this show is definitely up there for me and it's grossly underrated), Lucifer, Gotham and hopefully the preacher when it starts to air. Not that most of them comparable to their marvel counterparts (only the flash and smaville is worth talking about in terms of the superheroes adaptation). In movies, I have seen the crappy supergirl (when I was a kid), I have seen all the batman movies and the supes movies, I saw the crappy green Lantern, heck I have seen the watchmen, Constantine, etc. I don't think you will see any guy that will criticise TDK and TDKR, why? Because both are good movies. And I may be in the marvel contingent, I won't come and criticise something that is working which is what most DC fans are doing. The truth is that marvel currently have the winning formula and it's working perfectly for them, when DC gets to that level, then we will see.

On to your joker point, you do know that the suicide squad is all about the group of death row villains used to fight for justice or whatever, it's an antihero comics, the joker being there certainly is a pull but he is not the main attraction here, heck in the suicide squad movie, Will Smith's deadshot is the lead role. And to further buttress my point about how a joker solo movie without batman will suck, they made sure that batman showed up in suicide squad presumably before the joker was captured. You can't just make a joker movie without adding batman, those two are like bread and butter, it's like someone coming to tell me that a lex luthor movie is marketable without supes grin what story are you going to sell about him? How he got his bald hair?

I'm not saying that marvel is immortal, heck the fantastic four and wolverine origins movies were outright ridiculous and yes people may argue that it's because Fox handled it but it's still marvel products. What marvel is currently doing is tapping from their hugely successful cinematic universe hence the reason they can sell just about any character they want and the audience will enjoy it. Did you know that if the likes of the daredevil and Jessica Jones TV series continue their success, they will get feature movies? A potential Jessica Jones movie? Who would have thought? What's my point? My point, like I have been making ever since, is that DC is still behind marvel currently, they just launched their extended universe in 2013 whilst marvel launched theirs in 2008 and are entering phase three. As much as you love DC entirely and loathe marvel you have to accept that and like I said before, by the time we see the second justice League movie, we will see how far DC have come in terms of matching marvel in the cinematic universe and I tell you it's not going to be easy.
thats how marvel fans talk. So why didn't marvel use the winning f0rmula for age of ultr0n which is equal to 5 (=)?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 9:39am On Mar 15, 2016
Minemrys:

thats how marvel fans talk. So why didn't marvel use the winning f0rmula for age of ultr0n which is equal to 5 (=)?
I don't get this? Are you insinuating that age of ultr0n was a failure? grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don't get this? Are you insinuating that age of ultr0n was a failure? grin
That's the thing, the guy is letting his fanboy love impair his judgement. He assumes that every Marvel fan is raging fanboy, forgetting that some of us just watch every single comic based movie. He will blindly spew without actually taking in valid points. FOX mishandled the hell out of fant4stic, I'm still surprised the film even got released after all the behind the scenes drama. The film really goes downhill after the 1 year flash forward. Sue's ever changing hair was a terrible distraction, that thing even changed between shots in the same freaking scene! Why? Fox demanded reshoots & the actress had cut her hair by then & they thought we wouldn't notice. Sometimes, you feel like you're watching 2/3 different films in 1 film. These executives actually thought they would make money to do a sequel, see how they just cancelled that after all the criticism. Funny how they made the previous F4 films look like Citizen Kane.

Wolverine Origins is a story of Fox's hubris after the stunt they pulled with The Last Stand, which actually made money inspite of its epic fails (I knew it would be crap, when they said Phoenix was a split personality, I honestly said bulls**t rather loudly at the cinema & folks actually turned to look at me & I honestly replied "what? It's bulls***t." I actually own the comics this story was based on written by Joss Whedon, this arc actually resurrected the dead Collosus & also had my favourite Collosus/Shadowcat cover. Then they tried to handle the Phoenix saga in a very very short time).

Anywho WO, the one were the fictional Wakandas were speaking Igbo & they mistranslated (Yes, I noticed), with some rubbish CGI claws, weird ass decisions (Silver Fox being Emma Frost's sister...say what? Frost's early manifestation of her diamond form. Deadpool being a pre-plastic surgery candidate), don't get me wrong I'm game for change, I've enjoyed most of the X-Men films despite the big changes (seriously Angel Salvatore came out in the 2000s, her ass did not exist during the actual 1st class, Havok is actually younger than Cyclops - characters' ages have been changed a lot to fit the mythos they've made in the films, I'll not bore you with my knowledge, I've done that already at every social gathering during the time those films were released).
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
Any mathematician here? This is a cryptic maths for you

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
TonySpike:
Any mathematician here? This is a cryptic maths for you

A broke & armourless Batman is greater than a depowered Superman or depowered Iron Man. So basically "I'm Batman!"

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by JUHABACH: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
TonySpike:
Let's laugh a little, a little humour isn't bad. No offense to my amiable Marvel peeps on this thread grin grin grin

lmao
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
cao:

That's the thing, the guy is letting his fanboy love impair his judgement. He assumes that every Marvel fan is raging fanboy, forgetting that some of us just watch every single comic based movie. He will blindly spew without actually taking in valid points. FOX mishandled the hell out of fant4stic, I'm still surprised the film even got released after all the behind the scenes drama. The film really goes downhill after the 1 year flash forward. Sue's ever changing hair was a terrible distraction, that thing even changed between shots in the same freaking scene! Why? Fox demanded reshoots & the actress had cut her hair by then & they thought we wouldn't notice. Sometimes, you feel like you're watching 2/3 different films in 1 film. These executives actually thought they would make money to do a sequel, see how they just cancelled that after all the criticism. Funny how they made the previous F4 films look like Citizen Kane.

Wolverine Origins is a story of Fox's hubris after the stunt they pulled with The Last Stand, which actually made money inspite of its epic fails (I knew it would be crap, when they said Phoenix was a split personality, I honestly said bulls**t rather loudly at the cinema & folks actually turned to look at me & I honestly replied "what? It's bulls***t." I actually own the comics this story was based on written by Joss Whedon, this arc actually resurrected the dead Collosus & also had my favourite Collosus/Shadowcat cover. Then they tried to handle the Phoenix saga in a very very short time).

Anywho WO, the one were the fictional Wakandas were speaking Igbo & they mistranslated (Yes, I noticed), with some rubbish CGI claws, weird ass decisions (Silver Fox being Emma Frost's sister...say what? Frost's early manifestation of her diamond form. Deadpool being a pre-plastic surgery candidate), don't get me wrong I'm game for change, I've enjoyed most of the X-Men films despite the big changes (seriously Angel Salvatore came out in the 2000s, her ass did not exist during the actual 1st class, Havok is actually younger than Cyclops - characters' ages have been changed a lot to fit the mythos they've made in the films, I'll not bore you with my knowledge, I've done that already at every social gathering during the time those films were released).
Putting the bias aside, you'll agree that parrotibaba's posts were mostly untrue clouded by fanboy bias. How can he say flash may fail just because there's a TV show running? Does that make sense? Do you expect ezra miller not to do as well or better than grant gustling? How can he call Ben affleck, ezra miller, Jason mamoa, jared leto, gal gadot unknown actors? Even if they were, does that take away their talent and ability to play their given roles? I read your own posts and even though I know you're a marvel fan, I know you know what you're talking about. But what that guy said? E no gel at all.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:31am On Mar 16, 2016
superbloke:

Putting the bias aside, you'll agree that parrotibaba's posts were mostly untrue clouded by fanboy bias. How can he say flash may fail just because there's a TV show running? Does that make sense? Do you expect ezra miller not to do as well or better than grant gustling? How can he call Ben affleck, ezra miller, Jason mamoa, jared leto, gal gadot unknown actors? Even if they were, does that take away their talent and ability to play their given roles? I read your own posts and even though I know you're a marvel fan, I know you know what you're talking about. But what that guy said? E no gel at all.

Actually, many of the actors/actresses that Marvel used to kick off their comic book movies were unknown and not so popular from the outset. His points were lopsided but I decided not to join these back and forth arguments.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2016
superbloke:

I don't think you read my posts well enough. I never said that the likes of flash will fail because there is also a Tv flash already running, I said that the disadvantages of a multi verse in my opinion is that there is a competition between two characters, the one on TV and the other on the big screen. The TV flash is currently the best DC TV show airing and that brings up competition for the big screen flash and like I previously said, whether that's successful is entirely up to DC. The fact that the likes of the flash, aquaman and cyborg are given to little known actors puts pressure on them and not their acting skills, heck was it not here that you guys were arguing about how ezra miller was a relatively unknown and how so many people know very little about him so what is wrong about my assertion? Look at the new guy who is going to play spiderman in civil war, the guy is relatively unknown and that makes it hard for him to nail down the role which will be judged after his appearance in CW, let's say Andrew Garfield returned to play the iconic character, you have already seen him play the character before and so it won't be a problem judging him by that but by the story he has in the movie. Nobody is judging their acting skills but their ability to perform on the big screen coupled with the fact that they are playing popular characters. By the end of the second justice League movie, we will find out how successful it is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2016
TonySpike:

Actually, many of the actors/actresses that Marvel used to kick off their comic book movies were unknown and not so popular from the outset. His points were lopsided but I decided not to join these back and forth arguments.
many? Name them please. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Death to Supes!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
parrotibaba:
I don't think you read my posts well enough. I never said that the likes of flash will fail because there is also a Tv flash already running, I said that the disadvantages of a multi verse in my opinion is that there is a competition between two characters, the one on TV and the other on the big screen. The TV flash is currently the best DC TV show airing and that brings up competition for the big screen flash and like I previously said, whether that's successful is entirely up to DC. The fact that the likes of the flash, aquaman and cyborg are given to little known actors puts pressure on them and not their acting skills, heck was it not here that you guys were arguing about how ezra miller was a relatively unknown and how so many people know very little about him so what is wrong about my assertion? Look at the new guy who is going to play spiderman in civil war, the guy is relatively unknown and that makes it hard for him to nail down the role which will be judged after his appearance in CW, let's say Andrew Garfield returned to play the iconic character, you have already seen him play the character before and so it won't be a problem judging him by that but by the story he has in the movie. Nobody is judging their acting skills but their ability to perform on the big screen coupled with the fact that they are playing popular characters. By the end of the second justice League movie, we will find out how successful it is.
What disadvantage? Before marvel did a shared TV and big screen universe, who talked about disadvantage, even though it had never been done before? Don't be quick to pick holes where there's none. I really don't want to enter a debate. All you're saying don't hold water. I don't know what pressure you're talking about. These are actors that have played different roles to audience acclaim, and it's not like they have big shoes to fill, except say jared leto who has to play joker after heath ledger's performance.
Let them flop first before you start listing why they did.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by parrotibaba(m): 10:39am On Mar 17, 2016
superbloke:

What disadvantage? Before marvel did a shared TV and big screen universe, who talked about disadvantage, even though it had never been done before? Don't be quick to pick holes where there's none. I really don't want to enter a debate. All you're saying don't hold water. I don't know what pressure you're talking about. These are actors that have played different roles to audience acclaim, and it's not like they have big shoes to fill, except say jared leto who has to play joker after heath ledger's performance.
Let them flop first before you start listing why they did.
What different roles garnered them critical acclaim? grin grin. Mind you no body is talking about Ben afleck here but ezra miller, Jason momma and Ray Fisher. Like I said, the success of the DC extended universe depends on it's solo movies and if you think these guys are not under any pressure, fine, that's your own opinion. I'm done with this argument.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
superbloke:

The Flash incident, I guess he's taking into account how the DC shared cinematic doesn't cover both the TV shows & the films creating parallel/alternative universes & folks enjoy Grant as The Flash. Now, comic fans might actually have no problem since we're used to AUs, multiverses, resurrection of seemingly dead characters & some downright weird ish. But, non-comic book fans might have a problem, since MCU is not sharing any of its characters. In fact, the contracts for the actors includes them appearing in multiple films (& the series for tv actors like Jamie Alexander (Sif) and Samuel L. Jackson, who we know will appear in anything as long as he's paid). But, to be frank, if everything is done well, we won't care about AUs & multiverses.

On the Unknown actors, from actually reading his posts, yes I skimmed through them, he didn't say that. He was actually trying to reinforce a point I made about how Marvel used a C-list character to create the MCU universe. Coincidentally, Robert Downing Jr actually used his Iron Man stint to resurrect his career - the dude was actually one of Hollywood's bad eggs, with his drug addiction & arrests, his first wife actually left him 'cause he wasn't willing to change & the guy reached rock bottom, dude was uninsurable for films, then he started to claw his way back to the top. Remember, Christopher Reeves was a nobody, but he's still the iconic Superman, he was the first actor that made you believe that a pair of glasses could actually deceive you. Your guy, decided to pick a random word (C-list) then proceeded to run with it without actually properly addressing the issue. He even failed to understand or know about the Batman embargo, its sole purpose was to limit Batman's appearance in other non-film media. Why? Cause DC & WB decided not to confuse children by having Batman appear everywhere, not only Batman, but some of his first rate villains. A quick Google search will show you the changes TV producers/writers had to make to some of the stories they had planned to do. Gotham is the closest I've seen them come to a live action Batman TV series. There's even a Superman embargo & apparently a Wonder Woman one.

Anywho, I've no problem with unknown actors getting big parts, Daisey Ridley killed it has Rey in Star Wars, I already knew John Boyega since Attack the Block, so I knew the guy could act. Rosemund Pike's first role ever was in Die Another Day. A ton of Australian actors keep surprising us everyday with their acting skills (Joss Whedon's commentary in Cabin in the Woods predicted Chris Hemsworth's fame during one scene - the speech scene, I believe...) S**t, even Eminem's first attempt at acting was amazing, even though he was playing himself, but we've seen how 50c couldn't play himself. Let's not forget The Rock. Chei! Even Batista has shown he can act when a capable director is used. John Cena actually has decent comedic timing. And I'll throw one more random wrestler, Edge, is rather decent in Haven.

I think I've gotten carried away, so I'll stop now before I start listing every random actor I know.

UPDATE: Oh and I forgot to mention the other thing with Ezra and co, DC haven't made solo films for their characters yet, which means their characters will have to be introduced in the JL film, which will obviously bite a chunk out of the film's time. This could also come back to bite DC's ass. They could try to do short films for the characters or something if they're trying to save money, Marvel did some rather good things with their Marvel One-Shots, in fact, the Agent Carter TV series was born out of that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
cao:

The Flash incident, I guess he's taking into account how the DC shared cinematic doesn't cover both the TV shows & the films creating parallel/alternative universes & folks enjoy Grant as The Flash. Now, comic fans might actually have no problem since we're used to AUs, multiverses, resurrection of seemingly dead characters & some downright weird ish. But, non-comic book fans might have a problem, since MCU is not sharing any of its characters. In fact, the contracts for the actors includes them appearing in multiple films (& the series for tv actors like Jamie Alexander (Sif) and Samuel L. Jackson, who we know will appear in anything as long as he's paid). But, to be frank, if everything is done well, we won't care about AUs & multiverses.

On the Unknown actors, from actually reading his posts, yes I skimmed through them, he didn't say that. He was actually trying to reinforce a point I made about how Marvel used a C-list character to create the MCU universe. Coincidentally, Robert Downing Jr actually used his Iron Man stint to resurrect his career - the dude was actually one of Hollywood's bad eggs, with his drug addiction & arrests, his first wife actually left him 'cause he wasn't willing to change & the guy reached rock bottom, dude was uninsurable for films, then he started to claw his way back to the top. Remember, Christopher Reeves was a nobody, but he's still the iconic Superman, he was the first actor that made you believe that a pair of glasses could actually deceive you. Your guy, decided to pick a random word (C-list) then proceeded to run with it without actually properly addressing the issue. He even failed to understand or know about the Batman embargo, its sole purpose was to limit Batman's appearance in other non-film media. Why? Cause DC & WB decided not to confuse children by having Batman appear everywhere, not only Batman, but some of his first rate villains. A quick Google search will show you the changes TV producers/writers had to make to some of the stories they had planned to do. Gotham is the closest I've seen them come to a live action Batman TV series. There's even a Superman embargo & apparently a Wonder Woman one.

Anywho, I've no problem with unknown actors getting big parts, Daisey Ridley killed it has Rey in Star Wars, I already knew John Boyega since Attack the Block, so I knew the guy could act. Rosemund Pike's first role ever was in Die Another Day. A ton of Australian actors keep surprising us everyday with their acting skills (Joss Whedon's commentary in Cabin in the Woods predicted Chris Hemsworth's fame during one scene - the speech scene, I believe...) S**t, even Eminem's first attempt at acting was amazing, even though he was playing himself, but we've seen how 50c couldn't play himself. Let's not forget The Rock. Chei! Even Batista has shown he can act when a capable director is used. John Cena actually has decent comedic timing. And I'll throw one more random wrestler, Edge is rather decent in Haven.

I think I've gotten carried away, so I'll stop now before I start listing every random actor I know.

You write so well. I can almost conclude that you're not based in Nigeria. Not asking the question though... grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2016
TonySpike:

You write so well. I can almost conclude that you're not based in Nigeria. Not asking the question though... grin grin grin
I was born and bred in Lagos, but I now live in England. I guess I'll have to thank my Nigerian education for my writing skills. grin . Seriously, you'd be very surprised how some English folks write & speak. My English has actually degraded from my years living here, but it has improved my nerd game & it continues to fuel my need to absorb random general knowledge. Plus, after I turned 23 - or was it 25? Old age - I refused to write like a child and forced myself to write in full sentences.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
cao:

I was born and bred in Lagos, but I now live in England. I guess I'll have to thank my Nigerian education for my writing skills. grin . Seriously, you'd be very surprised how some English folks write & speak. My English has actually degraded from my years living here, but it has improved my nerd game & it continues to fuel my need to absorb random general knowledge. Plus, after I turned 23 - or was it 25? Old age - I refused to write like a child and forced myself to write in full sentences.

Lol...That's quite interesting. Looks like you're tending towards genius-level intellect though, and with your age and being a female, the sky is the limit. Yeah, I don't talk about myself much on the internet but I respect intellect when I see one. As an academic myself and an Engineer, I think you're doing quite well. Kudos!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by cao(f): 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
TonySpike:

Lol...That's quite interesting. Looks like you're tending towards genius-level intellect though, and with your age and being a female, the sky is the limit. Yeah, I don't talk about myself much on the internet but I respect intellect when I see one. As an academic myself and an Engineer, I think you're doing quite well. Kudos!
Nah, during a discussion, one has to get their point across in a well informed & civil manner. Now, if this was a multiplayer session on CoD, I'd just frustrate the person trying to insult me by stating the obvious & telling them to try harder. If I'm in a real festive mode, singing might occur.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hey guys, I don't post much BvS news here any longer just because there are plenty of spoiler images and twitter hashtags floating everywhere. Somehow, some guys from China and Pakistan who screened BvS over the weekend have been giving images and spoilers. i'll tell you guys one spoiler though:

Wonder woman decapitates doomsday somewhere in the movie... grin
i'm angry about that though. The honour should have gone to supes!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
cao:

Nah, during a discussion, one has to get their point across in a well informed & civil manner. Now, if this was a multiplayer session on CoD, I'd just frustrate the person trying to insult me by stating the obvious & telling them to try harder. If I'm in a real festive mode, singing might occur.

That's cool. Really cool!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
Yeah, there's a new non-spoiler featurette. Watch below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAd1Q-VvNOw
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hey, my name is Barry Allen...lol. Watch out for this crossover show on March 28, supergirl's slot. Just the weekend after BvS premieres

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (1544) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.