Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,125 members, 7,946,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (68478 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2009
dayo,
there's no way you can say Inter is not a  big team.
That's a fallacy.
They've won the title a number of occassions.
On that count alone,they are a European power house.
If not,Why did Ronaldo go there,Zamorano et al in the late 90s?
Why did klinsmann,brehme,Matthaus all play there in the early 90s?
Why do Figo,Vieira,Crespo (admittedly washed up players) still ply thier trade there?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
GOOD game and a great win anyway Now Mouthrinho has been silenced. He has just shown that he is a little above average because I cant see how he is better than Mancini he replaced. Mancini lost at the same stage

Even Mancini has the excuse of playing both legs with 10 men. but Jose? what is the excuse.
ill luck grin

Hemp Inter Milan is not a Big team, They might be Serie A champs but AC Milan is the real deal in Italian league.
Inter is a big team but ill admit AC is the baba in that league

I just pray to avoid Liverpool and Barcelona any one is welcome at the Allianz

add UTD to that list cos if u score a goal in 180 mins, call me a bastard
ask Mourinho what it takes to score against UTD or ask Messi
Our defence will silence ur nonsence attack.
even at that, UTD will scatter ur defence in 30 mins. ask Chelsea , Barca and Inter what it takes to stop our attack
the whole of europe are in soup!!

somebody said UTD are beatable
didnt barca lose to Atletico? didnt Liverpool lose to Boro?
abeggi, lame analysis should cease from this thread

na by force to analyse soccer? make una dey play ludo or PS3 abeg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2009
grin grin grin

Tk why you dey vex? cheesy

I'm glad you didn't add Arsenal to that list, cos we can score and beat y'all any day any time. tongue cool

See DK talking about being eliminated, who beat Bayern last year in UEFA CUP?? Zenit (who?) St Petersburg grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
debosky:

grin grin grin

Tk why you dey vex? cheesy

I'm glad you didn't add Arsenal to that list, cos we can score and beat y'all any day any time. tongue cool

See DK talking about being eliminated, who beat Bayern last year in UEFA CUP?? Zenit (who?) St Petersburg grin grin

Debo, It wasn't just anyhow beating . . . . . . . I call it SPANKING!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Delcylvi(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2009
Why cant other teams accept the fact that manchester united is the BEST Team in the World.Even sepp Blatter acknowledged that yesterday,Mourinho his confessed that Alex Ferguson na baba for soccer.Yes manutd may not have played the best of football last night,but isnt it the trade mark of champions to win on day when they arent playing well? That's why we are the BEST ! Better than the rest.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
Tk why you dey vex?

I'm glad you didn't add Arsenal to that list, cos we can score and beat y'all any day any time.

See DK talking about being eliminated, who beat Bayern last year in UEFA CUP?? Zenit (who?) St

grin grin Arsenal can beat us at Emirates in the EPL
but in this UCL, na lie. we are beating everybody

dont mind Dayo, the way Zenith beat them ehn, if i was a bayern fan, i'll stop supporting dem
how can a team lose 4-0 in a semi final game?
shameless people
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2009
Man Utd reserves are currently raping Liverpool reserves. 2-1 at Halftime. Welbeck and Fabio.

Why does Fabio keep scoring from LB? Is he a striker in disguise?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
chamotex:

Why does Fabio keep scoring from LB? Is he a striker in disguise?

I have told you guys repeatedly he is better than Rafael in 50 folds.
He is a dangerous weapon that would be unleashed soon on the PREM.
I saw him at the last under-17 and he was Brazil's highest scorer as a left back defender.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have told you guys repeatedly he is better than Rafael in 50 folds.
He is a dangerous weapon that would be unleashed soon on the PREM.
I saw him at the last under-17 and he was Brazil's highest scorer as a left back defender.

Yeah, the kid was scoring with set-pieces, headers, even with his right foot . . . . GENIUS!!!

Evra better watch out. Our future is so bright.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:20pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Sauron,
What's up?

Congrats on winning the bet but know you did not do it alone grin

Did you notice SAF's post match comments on "passing into space and side flicks". If the man says that in public he is definitely going to change a lot of things.

Say bye bye to meaningless showboating. Ronaldo is guilty of that in VIRTUALLY ALL GAMES. He is skillful but does a lot of meaningless moves in games. Compare that to Berbatov's assist against West Ham. That is how to put your skills to effect. SAF was not too impressed and he rarely goes public with it cool

Keep scoring
Keep winning

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
manu4laif:

Did you notice SAF's post match comments on "passing into space and side flicks". If the man says that in public he is definitely going to change a lot of things.

Say bye bye to meaningless showboating. Ronaldo is guilty of that in VIRTUALLY ALL GAMES. He is skillful but does a lot of meaningless moves in games.

Fergie was referring to Scholes and Carrick. They were guilty of
giving the ball away far too easily in the middle.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2009
manu4laif:

@Sauron,
What's up?

I am crisp. cheesy

Congrats on winning the bet but know you did not do it alone grin

I won the bet cos i have been able to identify the strength of the English clubs.
We are too strong for the rest of Europe.

Say bye bye to meaningless showboating. Ronaldo is guilty of that in VIRTUALLY ALL GAMES. He is skillful but does a lot of meaningless moves in games. Compare that to Berbatov's assist against West Ham. That is how to put your skills to effect. SAF was not too impressed and he rarely goes public with it cool

Scholes was the guilty party. . . . . .It seems he is going blind again.
I thunk he was playing for Inter the way he kept giving the balls away. Carrick plays better without Scholesy these days.
Gone are the days the pair used to work well in the midfield. We cannot afford to play 2 OAPs in a match of that calibre.

chamotex:

Yeah, the kid was scoring with set-pieces, headers, even with his right foot . . . . GENIUS!!!
Evra better watch out. Our future is so bright.

He can play RB as well. He can use both legs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Akin,
Maybe so . But they were not stylish or trying to be cute. Just a bad day at the office  cool
Ronaldo needlessly gives the ball away or makes unnecessary or exaggerated manouvres to pass the ball to someone 4 metres away. It's most annoying when he loses possession as a result and does not track back.

Like I said SAF does NOT make these statements lightly.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Delcylvi(m): 12:06am On Mar 13, 2009
SERIOUSLY why has SAF considered starting Tevez ahead of Berbatov. Berbatov has been just too slow for my liking. He never positions well, he can shot except from 6 yards, kills our counter attacks,just entirely hopeless in Tough and Rough matches,when will he grow?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:10am On Mar 13, 2009
@Tkb,

Didnt Man scum lose 3-0 in a semi final game in the CL? Didnt Milan Lose a UEFA cup semi final game 4-0 in 2002, and the next season won the CL

Berba really Sucks!!!!! Ogbechie and Berbatov should be on the same level.

Yesterdays game i really have to give it to Rooney and Vidic They were awesome. make Milan come buy Vidic off joor
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:25am On Mar 13, 2009
dayo,
there's no way you can say Inter is not a big team.
That's a fallacy.
They've won the title a number of occassions.
On that count alone,they are a European power house.
If not,Why did Ronaldo go there,Zamorano et al in the late 90s?
Why did klinsmann,brehme,Matthaus all play there in the early 90s?
Why do Figo,Vieira,Crespo (admittedly washed up players) still ply thier trade there?

Eastbay Inter is not a big team when was the last time they won CL? I cant even remember the last time they played CL or champions cup finals Probably Obama was not born then. Ronaldo went there? Tell me why Maradona went to Napoli or why Shevchenko went to Chelsea. team that couldnt win scudetto till Calcipocoli

Is Celtic a big team?

@sauron when Scummies beat Lille and Roma in 2007 I dont remember you screaming that those were playing the knockout stage for the first time in their lives
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Phony200(m): 5:28am On Mar 13, 2009
Beating Leave-a-fool would be the perfect way to end this week. Kudos to the squad for showing up with the conviction to give a winning performance. Also SAF is keeping them fired up and running which is bad for the rest of the soccer world.
@DK
You berate England but you fear 'Fool more than next year's halloween.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 13, 2009
Dayo,
Celtic would never attract big-name players,unless something was wrong.
Inter is a big team.Italy remains a destination,albeit with reluctance behind England, of players.
Ask anyone.You don't need a rocket scientist brain to figure that out.
Comparing Inter to Chelsea or Celtic is out of the scope of this argument.
So you're saying that JM coaches small teams too?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:47am On Mar 13, 2009
Apart from Scholes rubbish passes that day, can you guys remember that flick from Giggs that nearly resulted in a goal.

Those guys reallly need to stop those stuffs abeg. we were just 1-0 up and then they were playing as if they've scored 5
I thnk they shouldnt be paid for this week.
That was a dangerous play at its best

Dayo
Inter is a big team! Im sure you know the calibre of players they have produced in the past.
How do you explain that the italian champions for many seasons isnt a big team
Like eastbay said, you dont need an empirical testing to get that into ur brains
its simple.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Delcylvi(m): 8:41am On Mar 13, 2009
Personally i think TEVEZ should start instead of Berbatov in the match against liverpool cos Tevez is more active, enthusiastic and energetic when compared to the creative but sluggish Berbatov.Moreso because of his scoring record against liverpool and agility could help manutd.What are your predictions?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Delcylvi(m): 10:18am On Mar 13, 2009
Sir Alex Ferguson is one coach i admire because he isnt a man of many words, he believes the field not the press is the battle ground unlike mourinho,who loves getting involved in mind game (hahaha),JM or JB abi JJC is a fool, he even has the guts to say he wants to replace SAF when he retires,somebody please tell that idiot that Manutd dont need mediocres like him !!! Hahahahahaha
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Eastbay Inter is not a big team when was the last time they won CL?
If you base your argument on the highlighted then Arsenal and Chelsea are not big teams cuz they have not touched it before and never will in the near future.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2009
presido1:

If you base your argument on the highlighted then Arsenal and Chelsea are not big teams cuz they have not touched it before and never will in the near future.

Stop spewing thrash
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
Napoli produced the greatest player in football history so that must mean Napoli is a big club.

JM coached Union Leira is that a big club? Coaches go to clubs that pay the highest. Errikson coached Man Citeh didnt he?
Cappello coached Roma didnt he?
Inter Milan is far behind Juve and AC. Pre calcicopoli No league . The only thing they won was Coppa itallia and UEFA cup for like 15 years. even when the league was thrown at Their laps in 2002, they still couldnt win it

Who doesnt beat Inter? Inter is the whipping boy of in Italian soccer for anyone. Bayern won 2-0 at San Siro, Barca decimated them, Liverpool beats them, they keep disgracing San Siro.

AC would beat them like kids anytime its required. Dont forget a 6-0 Milan derby victory for Inter. even ordinary Arsenal recorded their most famous CL victory at the expense of Inter!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 12:47pm On Mar 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Napoli produced the greatest player in football history so that must mean Napoli is a big club.

JM coached Union Leira is that a big club? Coaches go to clubs that pay the highest. Errikson coached Man Citeh didnt he?
Inter Milan is far behind Juve and AC. Pre calcicopoli No league . The only thing they won was Coppa itallia and UEFA cup for like 15 years. even when the league was thrown at Their laps in 2002, they still couldnt win it

Who doesnt beat Inter? Inter is the whipping boy of in Italian soccer for anyone. Bayern won 2-0 at San Siro, Barca decimated them, Liverpool beats them, they keep disgracing San Siro.

AC would beat them like kids anytime its required. Dont forget a 6-0 Milan derby victory for Inter. even ordinary Arsenal recorded their most famous CL victory at the expense of Inter!!!!!!

You sound like an 8 year old child boasting about his friend's new bike tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2009
dayokanu:

Someone following your arguments will never decipher where you are coming from
You have not even defined what make a club a big one.
As it stands, Inter is the ral Mackoy in the Seria A right now.
Forget their woes in Europe.

Liverpool is not a big club because they have failed to register their European success in the EPL?
Arsenal and Chelsea is not a big club cos they have not tasted European success?
Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest are better clubs than Inter because they have won the European title?

As far as am concerned, Iner can attract any big player they want as long as they have the money.
Chelsea was once in their position. They had the name to attract the big players but not the money
All Inter needs is the players to do it on the big occassion.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 13, 2009
dayo,
please stop this rant.
I don't understand how a club like Inter can be classified as "small".
What makes a big club?If I must ask you.
Because Napoli had Maradona,then New York Cosmos is bigger than Inter because Pele did played for them,from your logic.

Man,think.

Inter is 10th on the richest clubs list,
Plays to capacity crowds of nothing less than 50,000 weekly as of 2007/8.
have won the Serie a title three times in a row
Attract some of the biggest players in the world

dont know what else you'll call big.

What more do you need?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2009
BlueDiva:

Stop spewing thrash
Lol What is thrash about what i wrote? Chelsea and Arsenal are yet to win UCL, if am wrong tell me the yr they did and i will edit ma post.
According to DAYO's analogy they are not big clubs just like Inter.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2009

hmmm,
now ur period has started. If Inter isnt big, then Barca isnt big.
is that correct?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 2:34pm On Mar 13, 2009
Someone winning three titles in a row isn't big?

Pre-calciopoli? That simply means that Inter would have been winning if not for the fraudulent practices of certain Italian teams.

Was the same AC not disgraced 2-0 at the San Siro?

Napoli did not produce Diego Maradona, so stop talking nonsense.

If the whipping boy of Italian football is a twice defending champion then no team in Italy is worth reckoning with, period. We know that is not the case, so this argument is pointless. Inter is a bona fide big team.

Domestic champions in the third best league in Europe for two years cannot be a small team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2009
Eastbay:

dayo,
please stop this rant.
I don't understand how a club like Inter can be classified as "small".
What makes a big club?If I must ask you.
Because Napoli had Maradona,then New York Cosmos is bigger than Inter because Pele did played for them,from your logic.

Man,think.

Inter is 10th on the richest clubs list,
Plays to capacity crowds of nothing less than 50,000 weekly as of 2007/8.
have won the Serie a title three times in a row
Attract some of the biggest players in the world

dont know what else you'll call big.

What more do you need?

Are you just knowing Dayo when it comes to logics?

We dont need logics in footie analysis.

Inter is a big club. Simple. They are not the biggest
in Italy. Simple. But they are BIG.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by staloone(m): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2009
Well for me inter is big, do you all know that no team or football playing club believes he is small? it's just the same a service provider will tell you they are the best in that locale.

So United, inter and all the rest are all big teams and clubs. But in terms of History i believe that's where some clubs are rated big.

so let's not fite over this, it's just simple everyone of us will not claim small boyz and girlz here, that's the truth.

so far UNITED RULES 4EVA!!!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (100)

PSG Vs Bayern Munich Champions League Final (0 - 1) On 23rd August 2020 / Atletico Madrid Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 0) On 18th February 2020 / Arsenal Vs Manchester City : FA Cup Semi-Final (2 - 0) On 18th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.