Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,188 members, 7,884,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:30 AM

Ever Sent Airtime To An Unknown Number Due To Typo Error? Share Your Ordeals.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Sent Airtime To An Unknown Number Due To Typo Error? Share Your Ordeals.. (1242 Views)

An Unknown Person Send #40,000 Into My Bank Account / I Mistakenly Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number / I Was Banned For An Unknown Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Sent Airtime To An Unknown Number Due To Typo Error? Share Your Ordeals.. by Ch1z0(m): 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
It can be a frustrating experience to mistakenly send airtime to an unknown number while using share n sell... Even more frustrating if it's a large amount.

Well, here's my experience...

I was trying to get some airtime from my young cousins phone while he was sleeping(eh eh.. I wasn't trying to steal, I was planning to tell him when he woke up.).

Meanwhile I had a deal with my bro who was with the phone at that time that I would transfer some airtime in exchange for downloading 2go for him.

I forgot how to use the airtime sharing service so I had to do some googling. After that I started the transfer process. In my bid to be a sharp guy in my broda's eye I mis-typed my phone number and, KAKPOOM! The transfer was made(faster than usual unlike when mtn had to ask you to confirm the transfer).

I was beaming wid smiles and decided to check my airtime balance. I still found the same 0.35NGN in my account(guys like me who spend airtime browsing always have it like this... It's Neva 0.00.. Neither is it up to 1.00). I was like 'mtn don come with this their slow network'.

Then, a thought entered my head, what if I had typed the wrong number? . I decided to cross-check it to be sure and...

BAM!

IT WAS THE WRONG NUMBER.

I dont know why, but I just started laughing(maybe because it was a small amount).

I immediately told my brother about it and he was like, 'call the number naa!!'.. There and then I tried the number but it was switched off.. Lol..

And then I thought of nairaland. 'Why not share your story', I thought to myself. And now here I am.

What an experience!

Share yours!!

(1) (Reply)

Must See, 10 Deadliest Wars In Human History. ( Pictures) / Seun,i Want To Debate With You. / Shocking Response(picture): How Human Race Disown A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.