Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,789 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:33 AM

What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband (23937 Views)

‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo) / My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
BoboYekini:

Brotherly, Efe no fit pay my money sef. She's a struggling author. It's romantic but I need me a new cougar.

Can you imagine?

And na wetin you sef dey sell? Abeg just dey waka without looking back before you turn into a pillar of salt. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by enoqueen: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
tbanj07:
Dear NairaLanders,

I am now extremely curious to know what married to an Edo woman is like since I'm currently dating one and hope to get married to her. I'm a Yoruba man who is completely in love with an Edo girl even though she was born and raised in Lagos and had never been to her Town.

I told a friend the woman I'm currently dating is an Edo lady and he said I should think twice before getting married to her because if she cheats on me while we are married, things will start going bad for me and I might end up dying.

Please I need your views on this as I know nothing of such or how true that is. Thanks

PS - She's From Eshan or Ishan (not sure about the right spelling)

I am an ishan lady.

1. The taboo does not av anything to do with u since u are not from there, it only av effect if the man is a native not minding where the woman is from.

2. It was reversed some 6 or 7yrs ago. The man no longer dies but the woman does.

Above all why marry a cheating wife.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
enoqueen:

I am an ishan lady.

1. The taboo does not av anything to do with u since u are not from there, it only av effect if the man is a native not minding where the woman is from.

2. It was reversed some 6 or 7yrs ago. The man no longer dies but the woman does.

Really?

Who reversed it? Why? And how was it reversed?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by babygirlfl: 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
enoqueen:

I am an ishan lady.

So these culture can be updated? It's probably time for us to update the culture so that cheating men can die too.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by enoqueen: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
babygirlfl:

So these culture can be updated? It's probably time for us to update the culture so that cheating men can die too.

grin
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by omoharry(f): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
jadelyn007:
Its a tale told to scare their women, it doesn't happen. Only the uneducated ones believe that bulllshiiit, the educated ones knows its not real so they'll go right ahead to do want they want to do if they have to
It is not fairy tals ooo...I am from Delta State..Urhobo..One of my Aunty cheated on her husband until became seek without cure even with all the medication administered.she had to save her head by confessing to the man's family about here unfaithfulness ...i don't know how they did it sha... she finally became well again... but the marriage ended. so it not fairy tale oo..it is real..that is why you find out that majority of these women from Edo and the Urhobo clan to be precise, would rather leave the marriage before misbehaving outside.....This covenant is established on the day of the tradition marriage ceremony when the drink is pour to the ground binding the woman and the man to the covenant of the land...but in recent time instead of the drink being pour on the ground in is rather taking upward to pray for the couples...well this world is full of mistery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by EfemenaXY: 7:12pm On May 01, 2015
babygirlfl:

Abi? Enough with skewered traditions. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by slydog(m): 10:11pm On May 10, 2015
Jorussia:
I am a Bini man,i haven't heard of this traditional law before,may be its practised in ESAN/EDO NORTH(AFEMAI).Adultery definitely have its consequences,and it will affect someone whether you are in Christ or not.I don't usually advise a guy to marry a girl for OWAN AND AKOKO-EDO,because their ladies normally have serious spiritual problems, they are very good at worshipping and dedicating themselves and their subjects to community shrine/gods.I just confirmed it from my mother, she said such traditional law still exists in bini.She said as fara as you are not a Bini man, if your Edo wife goes to commit adultery,it won't affect you.

Pls tell me about the etsako west ladies. Am a Yoruba man, wanting to marry a girl from there, but my mum all of a sudden start behaving strange talking her foundation. Pls explain
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 10, 2015
jadelyn007:
Its a tale told to scare their women, it doesn't happen. Only the uneducated ones believe that bulllshiiit, the educated ones knows its not real so they'll go right ahead to do want they want to do if they have to

" do what they want to do if they have to" ....what does this mean? if that your skull is too strong ,marry an Edo man and cheat.
you women love to make mouth here.
bloody cheats
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 10, 2015
babygirlfl:

no the tradition won't be updated. BTW,it is not for you to say what the traditions dictates. its a man's world,you better get used to that.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 10, 2015
omoharry:
It is not fairy tals ooo...I am from Delta State..Urhobo..One of my Aunty cheated on her husband until became seek without cure even with all the medication administered.she had to save her head by confessing to the man's family about here unfaithfulness ...i don't know how they did it sha... she finally became well again... but the marriage ended. so it not fairy tale oo..it is real..that is why you find out that majority of these women from Edo and the Urhobo clan to be precise, would rather leave the marriage before misbehaving outside.....This covenant is established on the day of the tradition marriage ceremony when the drink is pour to the ground binding the woman and the man to the covenant of the land...but in recent time instead of the drink being pour on the ground in is rather taking upward to pray for the couples...well this world is full of mistery

tell them o. these ones are potential cheats. let them keep doubting. if their heads too strong,they should cheat . nonsense!!!
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by jadelyn007(f): 7:52am On May 11, 2015
Avalon316:

" do what they want to do if they have to" ....what does this mean? if that your skull is too strong ,marry an Edo man and cheat.
you women love to make mouth here.
bloody cheats
mr man I don't make bogus claims, I have seen some Esan women who are great cheats including some bini women who are still very much alive and well with their husbands and kids. Do they have to cheat for a maximum of 20yrs first bfr their husbands will die?

Do note that I am not saying all esan or bini women cheat on their edo husbands but I have seen some who cheat n r still very much alive and well. Even in Ewu where they say that belief works very well, I know a woman whose husband is in abuja but the woman herself is a chronic adulterer.

Wetin my eyes no see, my mouth no dey talk am.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by banchuz: 6:45am On Aug 15, 2015
jadelyn007:
mr man I don't make bogus claims, I have seen some Esan women who are great cheats including some bini women who are still very much alive and well with their husbands and kids. Do they have to cheat for a maximum of 20yrs first bfr their husbands will die?

Do note that I am not saying all esan or bini women cheat on their edo husbands but I have seen some who cheat n r still very much alive and well. Even in Ewu where they say that belief works very well, I know a woman whose husband is in abuja but the woman herself is a chronic adulterer.

Wetin my eyes no see, my mouth no dey talk am.
are u serious with diz?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by banchuz: 7:13am On Aug 15, 2015
enoqueen:

I am an ishan lady.

Wat of if the lady is a yoruba girl. And edo man?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by gabbytabby: 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
tbanj07:
Dear NairaLanders,

I am now extremely curious to know what married to an Edo woman is like since I'm currently dating one and hope to get married to her. I'm a Yoruba man who is completely in love with an Edo girl even though she was born and raised in Lagos and had never been to her Town.

I told a friend the woman I'm currently dating is an Edo lady and he said I should think twice before getting married to her because if she cheats on me while we are married, things will start going bad for me and I might end up dying.

Please I need your views on this as I know nothing of such or how true that is. Thanks

PS - She's From Eshan or Ishan (not sure about the right spelling)

hmmm esan check well well before you leap
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by edwife(f): 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2015
gabbytabby:

hmmm esan check well well before you leap

What about them?is there anything wrong marrying an esan man ?

Just curious....
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Daniyemi:
It is Esan

They are multifarious. But the chief one is that The husband may die or the 1st born of the family would die.
It is quiet unfortunate that a wife would cheat and the husband or children would have to suffer for it.

I am Edo but I am getting married to an Idoma girl.
In Idoma culture, it is the woman that would die.

This is not to stop you from marrying her.
But be sure she would never cheat on you.
Be sure of who you are marrying.

What in the world?

Please explain. Die from what? How?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by cococandy(f): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2015
Lol.

I remember Mrs. G. of my youth service days.
From Edo and married to a fine Edo man (good man if you ask me.)

He's still alive and strong. Both of them and their kids.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by gbollyz: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Why will a responsible person even cheat when you're in a relationship or after getting married, why do you married then You should have stay single because God is not in support of extra-marital affairs, so if tradition is against it what else do you think.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by gbollyz: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Why will a responsible person even cheat when you're in a relationship or after getting married, why do you married then You should have stay single because God is not in support of extra-marital affairs, so if tradition is against it what else do you think.
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by itstpia8: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
so, who cheated?

obviously "awon aye" are waiting for me to ask?
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by sparkleRed(f): 2:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
That is how pple will be sayn superstition okay na, op marry ha first and let ha cheat den remember to tell us d superstition e hear

Good thing is dat edo women hardly cheat
Re: What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband by donbuscka: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Please..... does this tradition apply to only Esan people?

What if the woman is from Owan (Abviosi precisely)?

Kindly respond.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Married To Him? / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons / My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.