Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,498 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:20 PM

List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa (9013 Views)

Funny Analogy of Nigerian banks / Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years / List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by tree0flife(m): 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Guys,
I came across an article listing SA investments in Nigeria, I believe it was due to the ongoing xenophobic attacks in that country. It actually open my eyes to know that they own more companies than the usual mtn and dstv that I know. Included Protea hotels, Stanbic bank, Shoprite, Oracle and many more. Makes me wonder how many Nigeria investments exists in SA. Bearing in mind that reprisal attack on their companies here in naija could also spell trouble for our own down there. I can only think of a few like Dangote (not sure), Christ Embassy, erm...maybe Nigerian banks. I know our artiste go there to shoot videos and multichoice patronize nollywood in their Africa Magic channel but can these last two count as investments? Please, what are Nigerian investments in SA and vice Versa?
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by newsomtin(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kk
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
Tb joshua embarassed
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by tinuolababy(f): 8:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
penquin:
Tb joshua embarassed

Lol cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Wot are y'all waiting for, go loot them immediately.
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by wasco24: 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
I think the main investment naija get for SA nah church angry
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by tree0flife(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
chowlade:
Wot are y'all waiting for, go loot them immediately.
Two wrongs cannot make a right
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by odimbannamdi(m): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2015
tree0flife:
Guys,
I came across an article listing SA investments in Nigeria, I believe it was due to the ongoing xenophobic attacks in that country. It actually open my eyes to know that they own more companies than the usual mtn and dstv that I know. Included Protea hotels, Stanbic bank, Shoprite, Oracle and many more. Makes me wonder how many Nigeria investments exists in SA. Bearing in mind that reprisal attack on their companies here in naija could also spell trouble for our own down there. I can only think of a few like Dangote (not sure), Christ Embassy, erm...maybe Nigerian banks. I know our artiste go there to shoot videos and multichoice patronize nollywood in their Africa Magic channel but can these last two count as investments? Please, what are Nigerian investments in SA and vice Versa?

the title of your thread is thoroughly misleading. i was expecting a detailed bullet list of SA business in Naija
Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by Emhonata(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Actually, if you found the list, it would have been very nice for you to give us the link so that we can also know these companies. Today, here in south Africa, a south African lady was laughing at a Nigerian man because according to her the only business Nigerians can do here is to sell cell phones on the street. I have no choice than to remind her that Nigeria with a population of approximately 200 million can not all be selling cell phones on the street. She replied by saying that why am I here in South Africa? I told her that I am IT professional and that I am here for the same reason MTN, Multichoice, MWeb, Standard bank and other South businesses are in Nigeria. I also told her that for every professional South African there is at least 4 Nigerian. I then left to avoid the discussion becoming Xenophobic. I do believe that two wrongs don't make a right. What they do here is, for the most trivial reason, they loot any foreigner own shops, burn foreigners alive, their police drag a foreigner along the street before killing him at the police station for packing his taxi illegally. A Nigerian was was recently beaten and suffocated to death with plastic bag when he was caught with "Indian hemp" or Dagga as they call it here. Whoever is interested in sample videos of these happenings, just comment and next time I visit this forum, i will give some links.You can also search YouTube for such videos because some are still there. It is a frequent occurrence here although some of them do make international news. However, do not repay evil with evil otherwise evil will never end. Nigerian must still continue to show South Africans the Godly love we have been showing them since the apartheid era. God bless Nigeria, God bless South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Nigerian Investments In South Africa And Vice Versa by Ademat7(m): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
Emhonata:
Actually, if you found the list, it would have been very nice for you to give us the link so that we can also know these companies. Today, here in south Africa, a south African lady was laughing at a Nigerian man because according to her the only business Nigerians can do here is to sell cell phones on the street. I have no choice than to remind her that Nigeria with a population of approximately 200 million can not all be selling cell phones on the street. She replied by saying that why am I here in South Africa? I told her that I am IT professional and that I am here for the same reason MTN, Multichoice, MWeb, Standard bank and other South businesses are in Nigeria. I also told her that for every professional South African there is at least 4 Nigerian. I then left to avoid the discussion becoming Xenophobic. I do believe that two wrongs don't make a right. What they do here is, for the most trivial reason, they loot any foreigner own shops, burn foreigners alive, their police drag a foreigner along the street before killing him at the police station for packing his taxi illegally. A Nigerian was was recently beaten and suffocated to death with plastic bag when he was caught with "Indian hemp" or Dagga as they call it here. Whoever is interested in sample videos of these happenings, just comment and next time I visit this forum, i will give some links.You can also search YouTube for such videos because some are still there. It is a frequent occurrence here although some of them do make international news. However, do not repay evil with evil otherwise evil will never end. Nigerian must still continue to show South Africans the Godly love we have been showing them since the apartheid era. God bless Nigeria, God bless South Africa.
nice write up.

(1) (Reply)

"Style By Zenith 2.0" Lifestyle Fair: Top Global Designers Storm Lagos / Nigeria Generates $70bn From IT Investments / Abuja, Lagos, Abia Contribute 99% To Nigeria's $5.5b Capital Importation In Q2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.