Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,098 members, 7,916,186 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:20 PM

2 Keys In Seeking God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2 Keys In Seeking God (469 Views)

Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. / Man Seeking ‘spiritual’ Healing Dies In Hotel Fire / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2 Keys In Seeking God by yommyuk: 9:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Deepening our relationship with God—through discovering His character and His will for our lives—is achieved in several ways. Each one, while familiar, represents an important discipline in pursuing the Lord.

MEDITATION
Meditation is an excellent way to build our relationship with God. It involves reading a Bible passage several times with the express purpose of hearing from the Lord. Then, as we keep up diligent, sustained concentration, the Holy Spirit will communicate to us through the verses. Studying the Scriptures allows us to draw from many passages to gain a broader, deeper understanding of God’s character, plans, and promises. We benefit by asking ourselves questions such as, What does this study reveal about His nature? Is there a divine promise to remember? A command to obey? An example to follow?

SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINE THRU PRAYER
Another key spiritual discipline—prayer—must undergird our meditation and study. Encountering God requires both a listening ear and receptive heart.
Recognizing how God operates in our lives and in others’ circumstances will help us desire to pursue Him.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
#
Deuteronomy 4:29
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Women Are More Passionate And More Joyful Than Men In Church / More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / A Token Can Go A Long Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.