Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,135 members, 7,903,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

"What Have We Done?" - Miracle Uzoma's Political Stand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "What Have We Done?" - Miracle Uzoma's Political Stand (519 Views)

Amazing Facts About Obudu - By Michael Uzoma Michael / Rethinking South East Political Stand 2019 / "What Have We Done?" - Miracle Uzoma's Political Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"What Have We Done?" - Miracle Uzoma's Political Stand by mioracle: 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
What have we done? Have we done it the wrong way?

When I campaigned for APC's win at the presidential elections, I did it not as a member/supporter of the APC, but I did it to instill a two-party system (which is characteristic of advanced democratic systems) into our polity. I wanted what was best for Nigeria......what was best for you and me. I had "us" in mind....but it now looks like instead of getting an "us", we are getting an "us versus them". What do I mean?

In just its first attempt at the polls, APC won the central powerhouse (the presidency) which is quite good.
The gubernatorial elections have shown that, looking at it from the geopolitical point of view, APC has control of the North (North-East; North-West; North-Central) [The Hausa] and the West [The Yoruba] thereby relegating The PDP to the South-East [The Igbo] and South-South [The Niger Delta] regions of Nigeria.
This (clustered distribution instead of random distribution of parties), I think, will lead to 'politico-ethnic' factions (demarcations) into the APC representing the North and the West and the PDP representing the South-East and the South-South.
This will be an unfair competition as geopolitically, the North has 3 zones: North-East, North-West, and North-Central. This gives the APC landlordship in four (4) geopolitical zones (the three northern zones + the West)...........and the PDP is left with just two (2) zones to landlord over. " Chai! There is God oo".

Wait! Wait! Wait! Did I say the PDP has two (2) zones to landlord over? That is not a lie as much as it is not the truth....see this:
Out of the five states (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo) that make up the South-East geopolitical zone, the PDP controls only three (Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu), the APGA controls Anambra, while the APC controls Imo.

Also, there has been this mass defection of the PDP members to the APC....therefore causing a reduction in the PDP's human and financial resources which is supposed to enable the PDP to make a recapturing comeback for the central powerhouse (the presidency). Also, with the APC at the central powerhouse, there is this tendency (a probability that is near unity) that, in a bid to gain direct favors from the central powerhouse, some of the so-called PDP governors will jump ship as the Titanic has hit the iceberg.

These occurrences and many more may likely cause any one of these two things:
1. Bring back the one-party system I so much worked against. OR
2. Reignite serious talks about Biafra since the PDP which is now Igbo-and-Niger Delta localized may not see Aso Rock Villa for the next sixteen years at least.

I won't want any one of those two happening....as number two (nó2) may lead to war. Don't underestimate the mind, will, and power of an "oppressed" Igbo man...I'm Igbo, so I know.

From my two-items list, nó1 can be undone by stopping ships jumping. Party to party defections should be checked.
That the Titanic hit the iceberg doesn't mean that it can't be steered. This is going to be hard as the APC is set out to put the PDP into obliteration. Build the party, men. Check and rehabilitate your party policies...when Buhari gets out of power, find a candidate as popular as him.

Nó2 can be checked the APC selecting a candidate who represents the South-East or South-South zones. OR by the PDP winning the presidential elections in the next eight (cool years.....but I don't see that happening in the next sixteen (16) years.

In all, let the will of The Supreme High and the will of the masses take place.

Once again: What have we done? Have we done it the wrong way?

To enlighten the masses, I am Miracle Uzoma...yours sincerely.

@miracleoracle19

Source:
[url]mioracle.[/url]
Re: "What Have We Done?" - Miracle Uzoma's Political Stand by TruthisBitter247: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
you try bro!
Re: "What Have We Done?" - Miracle Uzoma's Political Stand by mioracle: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks, man.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Heard From Edwin Clark After Last Presidential Election??? / Buhari And Osinbajo Seen Having A Sachet Of N40 Milo For Breakfast. / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.