Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,854 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About (55381 Views)

16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide / Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions / 7 inventors killed by their Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Enneecy(m): 1:14am On Apr 22, 2015
The number 9 Shehu Saleh Balami federal university of technology minna Niger state. Baba plenty gbosa gbosa 4 u. I remember, immediately i saw is pic. I hav meet wit dis guy several time during evening classes dat is during reading time, @ L.T bosso campus den i was in 100L 2007. We hard sum little time discussion e tell me about futminna.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by nortcentrallord(m): 2:40am On Apr 22, 2015
All I see are the Yoruba's and the Igbo's with just a single Hausa man.
That list just clearly shows where the brains lie in this country, while the brutes are on the other side. One thought kept lingering though. With all the intelligence and well schooled people in these two sides where all of these investors but one hail from, yet we chose as a nation to give the number one decision making seat to a man from the side of the brute who has clearly lost touch with modern day governance and world economy. What a shame! what a collosal loss!

3 Likes

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by bigfrancis21: 3:41am On Apr 22, 2015
nortcentrallord:
That list just clearly shows where the brains lie in this country, while the brutes are on the other side. One thought kept lingering though. With all the intelligence and well schooled people in these two sides where all of these investors but one hail from, yet we chose as a nation to give the number one decision making seat to a man from the side of the brute who has clearly lost touch with modern day governance and world economy. What a shame! what a collosal loss!

Believe me, that list is not complete. Philip Emeagwali (greatest black man alive with the highest IQ), Mr. Gabriel Oyibo (an Igala), Hughes Njemanze etc are great inventors whose names are obviously missing on that list. It is one of many threads flooding the front page recently to present one region as 'leading' or 'superior' region. Ever since the elections, 'superiority complex' is in the air. They must prove they are better than 'the other region' which seems to have shaken their perceived dominance. These propangadists, having acknowledged areas they have clearly lost earlier domination to, resort to what's left to promote their false 'superiority' under titles like, 'best universities in nigeria', 'top 16 inventors in nigeria', while making sure that people from a certain region are more represented than 'the other region'.

Definitely, you won't see threads like, 'states with highest college graduates', 'the success of English-speaking Nollywood in the world', 'top-performing and richest nigerian musicians', 'states with lowest poverty rates', 'top performing states in national exams', e.t.c. The truth can be too hot to handle sometimes.

Hugh Njemanze

Only losers or people with fragile ego, who feel threatened, feel like they have to 'prove' they are 'superior'. Mature minds don't prove to anybody anything. They just simply know their worth and their works flow naturally from them.

7 Likes

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by maskid(m): 5:58am On Apr 22, 2015
1stola:
Omo, if I know gba front space for this kind thread, i fúck up be that o.
THE INVENTION I AM WORKING ON CURRENTLY IS CALLED "KILLTHOSE-SA-PIGS"
It will automatically find those modafúcking southafricans and KILL THEM ALL.
Bloody barbaric bastąrds.
I will seriously derive pleasure in killing them all!
And below is how I want to handle that pig called their Zulu king and that their HIV president Zuma rock head.

I think prophet TB Joshua beat u to daT already
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 22, 2015
Freemanan:
No significant invention..... Kudos tho
Pls there is, am especially interested in the sustained release of acetaminophen (paracetamol) at least instead of taking 2 tabs 3 time daily which is 6 tabs a day, and the liver can pack up if u take 8 tabs at once. Wouldn't it be better u take only 2 and it releases slowlyfor
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 22, 2015
Freemanan:
No significant invention..... Kudos tho
Pls there is, am especially interested in the sustained release of acetaminophen (paracetamol) at least instead of taking 2 tabs 3 time daily which is 6 tabs a day, and the liver can pack up if u take 8 tabs at once. Wouldn't it be better u take only 2 and it releases slowly for a day or two?

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Chivasex: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2015
Ekekwe was my room and class mate in FUTO
Congrats to him
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by 1stola: 7:16am On Apr 22, 2015
maskid:

I think prophet TB Joshua beat u to daT already
Wayray lasan
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2015
These are really nice inventions, there are lots of talent in Nigeria. The problem is that most of them don't have support needed to develop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by sfwef: 7:38am On Apr 22, 2015
say thanks to them
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by x6blade(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2015
Notice how all of them are linked abroad . Most of there patents are even in America and awards are mostly from abroad
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by maskid(m): 8:44am On Apr 22, 2015
1stola:

Wayray lasan

Ur papa
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by kuuljay(m): 8:46am On Apr 22, 2015
the person that invented garri should be number one on that list
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2015
I want to invent glasses that a girl would put and detect potential rapist.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by 1stola: 9:12am On Apr 22, 2015
maskid:

Ur papa
your mama left breasst
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Feraz(m): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2015
CSTR2:
Nigeria is busy begging for small arms when they could do much better.
Three of those guys majoring in semi-conductor technology, rocketry and software engineering working together under the Nigerian ministry of defence can build for Nigeria a world class missile guidance system that could graduate to an ICBM with more funding.
This country is sick.
Our problem is that we distrust ourselves and I'll always say it - if after the war according to history, the govt. absorbed the Biafran Engineers to produce for the Nigerian army, I believe we would have moved forward but alas, we are still trying to drag ourselves down.

Right now, even the little training people get after being sponsored by the govt. is not being practiced due to having wrong people in the top chain of progress.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 22, 2015
Freemanan:

Your words!

Yeah.....that's why we need to work on our education system...it is part of any successful industrial drive.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Feraz(m): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Yeah.....that's why we need to work on our education system...it is part of any successful industrial drive.
Until Nigeria takes STEM serious, we will still be where we are.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by santuse: 9:28am On Apr 22, 2015
I like this info, thanks op
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Curvinus(m): 9:42am On Apr 22, 2015
Necessity as they say is the mother of all inventions and oyel for now, helps to meet some of our basic needs.

But it is my humble postulation therefore that a time shall come when the gifts that keeps giving shall seize, the wells would run dry and no amount of wailing or rending of garment shall change that. Then and only then will the people of Naija come off their high horses, take off their shiny pieces of silver and return to the farmland.

Quod scripsi scripsi.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2015
kingcurtrex1904:

Pls there is, am especially interested in the sustained release of acetaminophen (paracetamol) at least instead of taking 2 tabs 3 time daily which is 6 tabs a day, and the liver can pack up if u take 8 tabs at once. Wouldn't it be better u take only 2 and it releases slowlyfor
I guess my opinion was aroused by my ignorance. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 22, 2015
kingcurtrex1904:

Pls there is, am especially interested in the sustained release of acetaminophen (paracetamol) at least instead of taking 2 tabs 3 time daily which is 6 tabs a day, and the liver can pack up if u take 8 tabs at once. Wouldn't it be better u take only 2 and it releases slowly for a day or two?
I guess my opinion was aroused by my ignorance. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Orikinla(m): 10:15am On Apr 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Great geniuses.

Have they received national merit awards?[/size]

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by justNonso: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2015
braindrain of the highest order

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by cbaba: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2015
Over 80% of them read abroad. There is Potential but you cant bring it out here. Imagine the other graduates smarter than these still crying down here for attention.

If you ever had a part in downgrading Nigeria's education, it shall never be well with you and your family!

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by MightyFortress: 11:31am On Apr 22, 2015
Inspiring... Encouraged to fulfil.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by somegirl1: 11:32am On Apr 22, 2015
MrCcf:
Yorubas rock. Anyway 5/16 (31.25%) for the Igbo nation is not a bad one. We also ROCK

It's 6/16 actually, but that's not important.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by somegirl1: 11:39am On Apr 22, 2015
nortcentrallord:

There are 3 northerners actually.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
somegirl1:

It's 6/16 actually, but that's not important.
Yeah. Thanks. We rock
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by nortcentrallord(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
somegirl1:

There are 3 northerners actually.

Oh! Really? I probably mistook them for Yoruba's. Maybe their names got me thinking of something else.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by darlenese(f): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
Add my name on the list!

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Johniyke2flex(m): 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nice one from Nigerians doing us proud all over the world.

I beg to differ with the first on the list. Dat shouldnt pass off as an invention, except there are other useful details that have been left out. I think there should be a more appropriate term for it than an "invention". That's an assembly of different inventions. So many Nigerians engage in this. China is not too far away. Examples are the numerous generators and gadgets inscribed with Nigerian names. This is not to discredit what has been done though. Kudos to all of em!

My opinion!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finally Killed The Snake Killing Our Poultry Birds! (pictures) / Meet The Xenobot: World's First Living, Self-healing Robots / Skeletons Of Over 40 People And Some Who Died Of SYPHILIS Found In Peru (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.