Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,939 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:09 AM

We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant (772 Views)

From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started / I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / What's the Contributions Of Christianity To The Modern Science And Technology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by neduboy17: 12:12am On Apr 22, 2015
Christian migrants from Africa have spoken of making the perilous journey across the Mediterranean to escape beheading from Islamic State fanatics in Libya.

A group of Eritrean refugees told how they were forced to deny their faith or face death at the hands of Islamist gunmen who patrol the towns and beaches of the North African state searching for ‘infidels’.

Haben, 19, told MailOnline:

‘We are Christians but we had to deny our faith otherwise the gunmen would kill us, slit our throats and cut off our heads.’

He and his brother Samuel, 14, arrived in Sicily a week ago, just days before around 900 people died when their boat capsized during the same dangerous journey from Libya.Haben said his friends had been shot dead by armed ISIS terrorists who patrol the anarchy-ridden towns and beaches of the country.

‘I have friends – from Eritrea and Egypt – who were killed because they are Christians.The men come around with Kalashnikov and they ask you what is your faith. If you are Christian they take you away and kill you. They cut off your head or shoot you. This is what they have done to hundreds of Christians.’

Aman, 18, said:

‘I had a wooden cross but I had to throw it away to keep my life. The gunmen came around looking for Christians. They said they would kill the infidels, so I cut my cross off my neck and threw it away.’I speak Arabic so I pretended that I was not a Christian, that I pray to their God, and they believed me.’

http://www.umunaija.com/we-did-deny-christianity-to-stop-isis-from-cutting-off-our-heads-african-migrantsphoto/

Re: We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by Cutehector(m): 12:15am On Apr 22, 2015
He who denies me in front of men, I shall deny him in front of my father says d lord!.. He who aknowedges me in front of men, I shall aknowledge him in front of my father..
Re: We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by Yasher: 1:01am On Apr 22, 2015
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the words of their testimony. And they did not love their lives even when faced with death. Rev 12:11

So they went their way from the presence of the council rejoicing that they have been considered worthy to suffer shame for His name. Acts 5:41

But what I want to ask is that now that they have denied Christ, what next? Have they accepted Islam?
Re: We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by asadike(f): 3:18am On Apr 22, 2015
Honestly, I don't blame u guys coz I understand your fears. Try and make up your mind on whom u really want to serve.
Re: We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by Heavenissoreal: 8:05am On Apr 23, 2015
Life without Christ is full of crisis and vanity.

If u ever really knew Christ Jesus on a personal level and denied Him in the face of threat of death, u will loose ur peace.

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF LIVING WITHOUT PEACE IN YOUR HEART WHEN U COULD HAVE ENJOYED A ROYAL WELCOME IN HEAVEN AS A MARTYR FOR JESUS.

WHAT A LOSS!!!
Re: We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by Anas09: 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
Seriously, what a loss. O if only men will know what joy it gives to christ when a faithful servant returns home. For Precious in the sight of the Lord is the dead of his saints. Palms 116:15. Dead is a promise made to all men at birth.
Re: We Did Deny Christianity To Stop Isis From Cutting Off Our Heads-african Migrant by dsquare33: 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
I pity these men who sold their birth right for pottage.So assuming they come across the anti christ himself they would have denied the LORD and collect the mark of the beast so that they can survived in this world that will be destroyed by God himself .Hmmm, at the sametime I don't really blame them though, but blame the shepherds who are suppose to teach the undilluted world of God to the people but are preaching half truth and heresies in the church. This is a wake up for us as christians especially pastors to take end time teaching seriously because so many people will land in hell as a result of ignorance about GOD'S word.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Refugees Are Being Baptised And Converting To Christianity... / Pope In A Reasonably Priced Car During His Africa Trip Caused A Lot Of Comment / The Real Reasons for Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.