Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,489 members, 7,944,421 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:03 PM

EKO Dis Co Terrorizing/extorting Innocent Lekki Residents With Bogus NEPA Bills. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EKO Dis Co Terrorizing/extorting Innocent Lekki Residents With Bogus NEPA Bills. (512 Views)

Baddo Gang Terrorizing Ikorodu Axis Nabbed! / One-man Robbery Squad Terrorizing Ekosodin Meets Waterloo. / Robbers Terrorizing Umuobia Olokoro, Umuahia Caught (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EKO Dis Co Terrorizing/extorting Innocent Lekki Residents With Bogus NEPA Bills. by Jiblo(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
Help! We keep getting NEPA bills from EKO Distribution Company Lekki Branch with amounts that they themselves cannot defend.
It is even more worrisome that most of us in newly developed areas where electricity barely gets to, have not been issued meters with which we can verify the said amounts that NEPA/EKO claim that we are owing them.

First it was, pay lump-sum monthly to cover electricity usage. Might I add that these lump-sums were never declared to the regional office. Secondly, it was a new revised bill aggregating what we have used in the last couple of months!
My question is - How can you aggregate or estimate my electricity usage when there is no meter connected to my house.
Its even further mind disturbing when the total hours electricity has been made available in certain areas in between 5 to 10 hours in a month!

Now, another bill has surfaced with a bill of over N175,000 and yet they have admitted that there is a N50,000 mistake/error on the billing system. I have lodged complaints severally there and their explanation is they assess your property and belonging and 'estimate' your consumption, then 'distribute' the wholesome bill generated within a locality to each individual! What?!?!?

So what happens to the mallam that has a freezer and is illegally tapping light 24/7?
And I still get bills when I am out of the country and my switchbox is switched off?!?!?

C'mon NEPA!!!!

Please can someone in higher authority at NEPA/EKO look into discrepancy or is there somewhere where this case can be referred to.
Re: EKO Dis Co Terrorizing/extorting Innocent Lekki Residents With Bogus NEPA Bills. by bintudon(f): 8:56am On May 25, 2015
Y don't you guys get prepaid meter

(1) (Reply)

31-yr-old Arraigned For N53.6m Theft / Widow To New IGP: Please, Find My Husband’s Killers / Kirikiri Inmates Forced To Pay For Transport To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.