Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,533 members, 7,944,571 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (858586 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (396) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
Eilenora:
Nawa o,just 24 hours and all ds drama? Guys seriously? Like we all dont have enough issues to deal with with IRCC. Come off it guys, Oya group hug everyone grin

Abi o

Tension everywhere
They are just reacting to a lot of in built emotions

Pls forget all about the tantrum you people are throwing at each other and let love and understand rain

We only have each other and the encouragement I received from this tread go a long way to make the wait easier
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 4everEdward(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello good evening , I have been following this thread please how can one apply I have a Rwandese visa and still valid and my wife is in Nigeria. Tho my reason staying in Rwanda is to go to a better country how do I start this process, I just came across this thread now
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
gbas gbos ear and dear. grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 1:07am On Jul 29, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi,

For passport transmission, Abuja is still the best in Nigeria. Between one to two weeks, you will get your stamped passport. I noticed from my GCMS notes ordered after arriving in Canada that my TRV for student was affixed in Abuja despite sending through the Lagos VFS. So there is a chance most/all passports end up in Abuja after all.

Please for transmission, just send passport and PPR to VFS: 3rd Floor, Plot, Sterling Bank Plaza, 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria

Do you recall how much to pay?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 1:35am On Jul 29, 2021
Hi,

Sorry I missed this until I saw your email request. @Eilenora should be able to say how much the transmission fees is because she was at that stage with her hubby recently. However, I remember that apart from passport and PPR, you also need to add the yellow biometric slip, a signed consent form, and preferably to do return courier service with UPS/Fedex/DHL. I can't remember if I missed out anything but if the applicant is sending dox to a VFS location other than the one where they had their biometric taken or if it was taken during a previous application within the last 10-years, then they also need to pay a transmission fee. Please do more research on this or check/ask on the current Canadian student visa thread.

I hope these answer your questions.

Cheers.

kife:

Please for transmission, just send passport and PPR to VFS: 3rd Floor, Plot, Sterling Bank Plaza, 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria

Do you recall how much to pay?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 5:30am On Jul 29, 2021
Eilenora:
Hello,
Can you please share an update on this. Where did you submit and how long before you got your passport back?

Hello Eilenora,
Will like to ask how I would submit passport to VFS now, please.

Just learnt no more in-person submissions.

So I just go to UPS and post passport to::

VFS 3rd Floor, Plot, Sterling Bank Plaza, 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria

Can you please advise cost?
Do I have to pay for return as well?
Anyone has an idea the timeline for return?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ikemummy(m): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2021
Good morning everyone. My study visa just good approved and would like to know the documents my spouse needs for a spousal open work permit application so that we can start gathering the documents? Also, I would like to know if IELTS is necessary? Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wow! Congratulations to you.
IELTS is not necessary.

ikemummy:
Good morning everyone. My study visa just good approved and would like to know the documents my spouse needs for a spousal open work permit application so that we can start gathering the documents? Also, I would like to know if IELTS is necessary? Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yteem: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
kife:

Hello Eilenora,

VFS 3rd Floor, Plot, Sterling Bank Plaza, 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District 900211, Abuja, Nigeria

Thanks in anticipation

Please see attached

Kindly please also confirm.

Better you pay for 2 way Courier service so it is brought to your doorstep and it makes things easier for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2021
See attached for VFS fee. Hubby submitted on Monday, he has received several notifications from VFS, and would most likely receive his passport back tomorrow. This is VFS fee. For DHL he paid like 14k or so for 2 way courier service

kife:

Hello Eilenora,

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 7:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
I think this image shows the fee paid for DHL (not VFS). The VFS fee would be paid in Sterling Bank or through bank transfer to a dedicated account - only if they didn't capture biometric in Abuja ab initio.

Eilenora:
See attached for VFS fee. Hubby submitted on Monday, he has received several notifications from VFS, and would most likely receive his passport back tomorrow. This is VFS fee. For DHL he paid like 14k or so for 2 way courier service

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
Yes you are right, just saw this other gtb receipt he sent to me. Also see the requirements that I used during my time.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/buy-services

Akannitommy:
I think this image shows the fee paid for DHL (not VFS). The VFS fee would be paid in Sterling Bank or through bank transfer to a dedicated account - only if they didn't capture biometric in Abuja ab initio.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by joy2dworld4eva: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2021
I tried paying for spousal application processing fee of $Can1,135 with my GTbank ATM naira Mastercard but it was bringing out error message. I don't really know the exchange rate but I have over 500k in the account with the hope that it would be enough no matter how much the exchange rate would be.
Is it possible for me to pay with the GTB card or there's another payment option that could work.
Thanks as I await your kind responses.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2021
You can't do more than $100, so look for someone who has a dorm account with visa or MasterCard and use.
joy2dworld4eva:
I tried paying for spousal application processing fee of $Can1,135 with my GTbank ATM naira Mastercard but it was bringing out error message. I don't really know the exchange rate but I have over 500k in the account with the hope that it would be enough no matter how much the exchange rate would be.
Is it possible for me to pay with the GTB card or there's another payment option that could work.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ac7619710: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2021
joy2dworld4eva:

Gtbank card won’t work because is only having $100 limit.

Try to fund barter, though the exchange rate is high 525 to 1 USD

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 31, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please can you recommend platforms where I can change naira to cad
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2021
Reach out to me, maybe we can work it out.
joy2dworld4eva:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by joy2dworld4eva: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2021
nowhere:
Reach out to me, maybe we can work it out.
Thanks bro
I already sorted it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good!
joy2dworld4eva:

Thanks bro
I already sorted it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Fortuneforever: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good day everyone, please i have two questions when applying for spousal open work permit:

1. Does the student need to show any proof of accommodation? Or just having the proof funds is sufficient.

1. If the student needs to show proof of accommodation, is it okay to present one even if it's a shared apartment?

Thanks in advance for your response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Fortuneforever:
Good day everyone, please i have two questions when applying for spousal open work permit:

1. Does the student need to show any proof of accommodation? Or just having the proof funds is sufficient.

1. If the student needs to show proof of accommodation, is it okay to present one even if it's a shared apartment?

Thanks in advance for your response

Not necessary.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kife(m): 6:57am On Aug 01, 2021
*****APPROVAL ALERT******
Indeed, what God can not do doesn't exist...

I moved to Canada as an international student in August of 2016.
From 2017 till 2021 Feb, I have continued to try to bring my wife to join me, we had applied for:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

The 6th application I reluctantly submitted as the generic refusals were quite annoying already, but to the glory of God that got approved.

Its been 4 painful years of trying and retrying...
Lots of traveling back and forth to Nigeria..

We had concluded plans to relocate to the UK but God came through at the 11.59th hour.

For all those waiting, may your approvals come knocking soon.

If you ever experience delays, please don't give up, get your Gcms, fix their issues and refire, keep refiring...they will eventually approve.

Time line:

NB-Medical was passed in February, though application was refused.

The medical request came even though we had submitted upfront medicals, we raised series of webforms got no response...they just updated to Pass

Goodluck to all the hopefuls

We are waiting for PR next..... grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 8:22am On Aug 01, 2021
Amen! Congratulations to you.
I filed my SOWP in April too. May God answer us speedily.

kife:

From 2017 till 2021 Feb, I have continued to try to bring my wife to join me, we had applied for:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

The 6th application I reluctantly submitted as the generic refusals were quite annoying already, but to the glory of God that got approved.

We had concluded plans to relocate to the UK but God came through at the 11.59th hour.

If you ever experience delays, please don't give up, get your Gcms, fix their issues and refire, keep refiring...they will eventually approve.

Time line:

The medical request came even though we had submitted upfront medicals, we raised series of webforms got no response...they just updated to Pass

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sakaz: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
[quote author=babybless44 post=104303512]Amen! Congratulations to you.
I filed my SOWP in April too. May God answer us speedily.

Good evening great minds. Please I want to start SOWP for my wife. Where do I start start from. Currently studying at University of Victoria.

Thanks yo.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sakaz: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Good evening great minds. Please I want to start SOWP for my wife. Where do I start start from. Currently studying at University of Victoria. 

Thanks you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
kife:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

Time line:

Waoooooo!!!!! Congratulations! to God alone, be all thy glory!�����

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 3:30am On Aug 02, 2021
kife:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

Time line:

Congrats kife.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aramdebla: 6:14am On Aug 02, 2021
kife:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

Time line:

Congratulations Kife. IRCC are just inhuman to have refused your application for 5 times. It’s a whole lot of sacrifice, patience and endurance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nike4luv(f): 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hi All
Partner just got approved for SOWP on compassionate care reasons.

Anyone travelled from Lagos to Canada recently and can shed some light on the experience? Is the vaccine required? Any quirky things we should expect at the airport?

Thanks!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Congratulations! It’s getting closer to my turn.
What’s her timeline? Vaccine not compulsory but he/she must quarantine at the Canadian Government Hotel.

nike4luv:
Hi All
Partner just got approved for SOWP on compassionate care reasons.

Anyone travelled from Lagos to Canada recently and can shed some light on the experience? Is the vaccine required? Any quirky things we should expect at the airport?

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (396) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: folla and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.