Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,876 members, 7,980,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 02:18 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (876168 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please utilize webform to send the requested items.

Good luck!

bidemshotbabe:
Good day,

We applied for Postgraduate work permit/ spouse open work permit/study permit for my kids then my husband pqwp was approved and transferred my sowp/sp to Nairobi, now got a letter asking for my hubby employment letter and pay slips, his last job was in May please advise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FocusLasers: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Thank you for this and all the details you share on this thread.

Gracias...

OkukuOne:
Yes, it is important for a baby under 5 years of age to have appropriate medical preparations before traveling to Canada. While the specific requirements may vary depending on the country of origin, and for us Nigeria, it is required.

N/B:

Documentation: Carry all relevant medical documentation, including vaccination records, medical reports, and contact information for your baby's healthcare provider. These documents may be required by healthcare professionals/schools in Canada.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
Erwinjstoff:

Have you gotten your passport back?

not yet my brother. i keep receiving updates everyday
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Erwinjstoff:

You didn’t pay the N18,710 courier fee and sign the courier service form .
i did.

Someone is saying courier fee of N18,710 need to be paid per individual. Dont know if is ok, because i paid 18,710 for the full package (including my wife and 3 kids), not per individuals
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogazino: 6:47am On Jun 25, 2023
Glory be to God for mercy over my family

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by FocusLasers: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2023
@jogazino

Congratulations to you and your family.

All thanks to God for the positive outcome.

Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mojeecan: 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2023
Congratulations. This can only be the hand of God
quote author=FocusLasers post=124023204]Congratulations to you and your family.

All thanks to God for the positive outcome.

Regards.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Teefab: 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hello everyone, a quick one please. For SOWP, under The purpose of Travel, what docs will be in this section.Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GoldenCrown1160: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
Congratulations
It's a positive sign on your application.
The message was programmed to be sent to you on that date despited your have done an upfront medical.
I had the same experience about two years ago.
Accessed:
Hello Gurus,

Please what do you do when an upfront medical done and sent via webform had been acknowledged by IRCC over 2 weeks ago, yet you get a medical request from same IRCC later? Is it just to resend via webform or contact IOM? or send mails to all known IRCC addresses? or a combination of all the above? grin

Please it's urgent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by notmyrealmonika: 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
I want to just relocate to Canada. I have been applying for visa sponsorship job in Canada for foreigners. Please I need someone who can help me and put me through. And to render other advise too. Thank you ma/sir in anticipation
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 1:17am On Jun 26, 2023
GoldenCrown1160:
Congratulations
It's a positive sign on your application.
The message was programmed to be sent to you on that date despited your have done an upfront medical.
I had the same experience about two years ago.

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by poultryprocesie: 1:44am On Jun 26, 2023
Good day all,

Pease I need help and advice on this issue. We applied as a family (Father SOWP and Children VV) Everyone got PPR except 2 (Ages 18 & 11). For the 18 yrs old, below is -

Application - January 3, 2023
Submission Confirmation -January 3, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter January 3, 2023
Correspondence Letter - April 26, 2023

After several mails and webform, we got a reply from Nairobi that PPR has been sent since May 18th, 2023. But we dont have it. We have replied with several screenshot that we do not have it, but no luck. A
NOTE: The VIS NO is showing on tracker.

Kindly advice.
Can we just go to VSF office?

Thank you

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sainaF: 1:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
OkukuOne:
In my view, I highly recommend waiting, considering the remaining validity of his Study Permit is less than 6 months. It would be best to be patient and wait until he applies for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). However, you can still gather all the necessary documentation, including proof of funds (POF) from his end or both sides, in the meantime.

Good luck!

THANK YOU SO MUCH WE WILL WAIT.

ANOTHER question is my elder sister wants to send me 1k Dollars to help with proof of funds thru western union. So can i change the dollar and deposit is in my zenith account. And then tranfer from my zenith to my main GTB account? Will i have to print both account statements or i cam just explain the funds as self transfer. Thanks a lot

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
Good day all. Please how much POF in CAD is needed for SOWP for a single applicant. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
I think purpose of travel should be embedded in your LOI/SOP.

Good luck!

Teefab:
Hello everyone, a quick one please. For SOWP, under The purpose of Travel, what docs will be in this section.Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Not the right platform, sir

Look for LMIA group in Nairaland. Though, i do not know if it exist.

Best of luck!

notmyrealmonika:
I want to just relocate to Canada. I have been applying for visa sponsorship job in Canada for foreigners. Please I need someone who can help me and put me through. And to render other advise too. Thank you ma/sir in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hmmm...

This is truly a unique and remarkable sight to behold.

In any case, I kindly request that you compose a heartfelt love letter and send it to the email addresses listed below. Trust that if you are a child of God, within three days, a resolution will be reached.

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca,
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca,
shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca,
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca,
los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Wishing you the best of luck and congratulations in advance!

poultryprocesie:
Good day all,

Pease I need help and advice on this issue. We applied as a family (Father SOWP and Children VV) Everyone got PPR except 2 (Ages 18 & 11). For the 18 yrs old, below is -

Application - January 3, 2023
Submission Confirmation -January 3, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter January 3, 2023
Correspondence Letter - April 26, 2023

After several mails and webform, we got a reply from Nairobi that PPR has been sent since May 18th, 2023. But we dont have it. We have replied with several screenshot that we do not have it, but no luck. A
NOTE: The VIS NO is showing on tracker.

Kindly advice.
Can we just go to VSF office?

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
You require a sum of 4k, but it may be beneficial to have an additional 2k as a miscellaneous amount. It is always wise to be prepared for unforeseen circumstances.

According to the IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3), the minimum requirement is 4k for the first dependent, but including a miscellaneous amount is a recommendation I consistently provide.

Remember to prioritize your faith in God above all else.

Good luck!

pristinee:
Good day all. Please how much POF in CAD is needed for SOWP for a single applicant. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by notmyrealmonika: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
OkukuOne:
Not the right platform, sir

Look for LMIA group in Nairaland. Though, i do not know if it exist.

Best of luck!

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ennamdee(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello OkukuOne,

I have sent you several messages, Kindly avail me the opportunity to discuss with you verbally.

Thank you.

OkukuOne:
You require a sum of 4k, but it may be beneficial to have an additional 2k as a miscellaneous amount. It is always wise to be prepared for unforeseen circumstances.

According to the IRCC website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3), the minimum requirement is 4k for the first dependent, but including a miscellaneous amount is a recommendation I consistently provide.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
OkukuOne:

Good luck!

Thanks alot for your prompt response, just for clarification please.

This is a fresh application that doesn't include the student. Study permit have been granted already. Spouse now wants to put in his application. So is this 4kCAD still the required amount? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sainaF: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hello please i have another question can i transfer money from my savings account (zenith) to my main salary account (gtb) ?
Will i need to print both statements or i can just print the gtb statement and explain the lump sum. Please all gurus help @OkukoOne
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2023
Yes, sir/ma

Good to state that the money for the spouse on SP is different from this.

Good luck!

pristinee:

This is a fresh application that doesn't include the student. Study permit have been granted already. Spouse now wants to put in his application. So is this 4kCAD still the required amount? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2023
Please provide a detailed explanation for any lump sum of money that is required. It is important to thoroughly explain the source and purpose of the funds.

Good luck!

sainaF:
Hello please i have another question can i transfer money from my savings account (zenith) to my main salary account (gtb) ?
Will i need to print both statements or i can just print the gtb statement and explain the lump sum. Please all gurus help @OkukoOne
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
I responded to your email message yesterday, and now you are requesting my attention once again. Have you checked your email if i have responded?
Na wa sha...

Ennamdee:
Hello OkukuOne,

I have sent you several messages, Kindly avail me the opportunity to discuss with you verbally.

Thank you.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2023
pristinee:

It is advisable to atleast demonstrate availability of 4K for spouse and 3k for any other accompanying dependant. Although, i have seen an instance where the spouse alone applied for SOWP without POF and it was approved. Infact the agent that treated the application insisted there was no need for the POF because by the very purpose of SOWP which is the applicant coming to work to support the student or family.

However, to be on the safe side, i will still advise that you demonstrate the 4k living expense.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
OkukuOne:
I responded to your email message yesterday, and now you are requesting your attention once again.

Na wa sha...

Sometimes, we just want to have the gurus at our beck and call...no be our fault. Just bear with us! cheesy
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
@Accessed, I hold the belief that you do not support or endorse this approach because it can be misleading. The IRCC explicitly outlines the requirements for dependents, and it is important to adhere to those guidelines.

Accessed:

It is advisable to atleast demonstrate availability of 4K for spouse and 3k for any other accompanying dependant. Although, i have seen an instance where the spouse alone applied for SOWP without POF and it was approved. Infact the agent that treated the application insisted there was no need for the POF because by the very purpose of SOWP which is the applicant coming to work to support the student or family.

However, to be on the safe side, i will still advise that you demonstrate the 4k living expense.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sainaF: 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Ok please can i explain that the lump sum is a tranfer from my savings to my gtb?
@OkukuOne
Thank you so much for ur help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 2:28am On Jun 27, 2023
OkukuOne:
@Accessed, I hold the belief that you do not support or endorse this approach because it can be misleading. The IRCC explicitly outlines the requirements for dependents, and it is important to adhere to those guidelines.

Boss, I clearly indicated the view I hold. I only gave out an extra information I have, seeing the direction the enquiry was tilting to. Anyways, note that the quote "that Minimum funds needed to support yourself as a student (and family members who come with you)" from the IRCC might also be interpreted to mean that the provision only applies to students applying to come with their families as against applying alone, then getting the spouse and kids to apply later.

However, for clarity, I still hold the same views as yours that the minimum requirements be demonstrated whether or not the application is for a lone SOWP applicant or SOWP in family.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princessmay11: 2:56am On Jun 27, 2023
They didn’t offer me any bio services, they said I should send it via courier

Accessed:

Maybe you should try to call them or chat them online and see if they can give you some concession. I am aware they offer VIP services at a cost though. So you may want to check that out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princessmay11: 2:58am On Jun 27, 2023
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I did. Except for the fact that DHL said they don’t offer two way courier and I sent it to Abuja. Will it be sent back to Lagos VFS?

OkukuOne:
On a lighter note, disregard the information you encounter on the VFS site. It is unnecessary to schedule an appointment for passport submission. Instead, gather all the required documents, make the necessary transmission fee payment, and utilize the services of Speedpost (such as DHL and UPS) for courier purposes. Pay for the round-trip courier service, and then patiently await the delivery of your passports to your designated address. I have two recommendations to offer:

Opt for the two-way courier service provided by DHL.
If you desire a prompt return of your passport, regardless of where you completed your biometric process, send it to Abuja.

Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (398) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.