Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,046 members, 7,903,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:15 PM

Tips On How To Modify Your Own Micro-climate - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Tips On How To Modify Your Own Micro-climate (866 Views)

Facts: Lets Talk About Global Warming/climate Change. / Climate Change Is Driving The Evolution Of Hybrid "Super" Wolves And Bears / Climate Change Challenges In Nigeria And The Implications For Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Modify Your Own Micro-climate by Kehinderichard(m): 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
Micro-climate refers to any climatic condition in a relatively small area, within a few metres or less above and below the Earth’s surface. It is the distinctive climate of a small-scale area such as your room. Climatic conditions whether cold or hot are natural but can be modified. These tips include;
1) Plant cover trees in your compound,as it removes excess GHG (CO2) and releases much needed oxygen(o2). Also trees and shrubs all provide valuable shade to moderate heat gain in your homes
2)Use colors with high intrinsic brightness for your paintings.
3)If possible do not use concrete or interlocking stones in your compound,rather, plant grasses
4)Use roofing sheets with high reflective coefficient ratio or albedo
5)Reduce the height of your fence[i](Many might disagree with this)[/i]
6)Let your building orientation not obstruct the direction of wind.
7)Tap or convert the climatic resources for your use (solar panels,rain water harvesting etc)

I believe these tips will help in modifying your micro-climate with much reference to tip #6

Don't let the climate change yo[b][/b]u!!

(1) (Reply)

Adjustable Focus Cross Line Laser Alignment / This Umbrella Will Work In Nigeria! PHOTO / LG Home Theater With Wireless Speakers Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.