Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke (2113 Views)

He Married My Girl When I Was Broke. And He Got Served. / See How This Girl Messed Up Big Time Just Because She Thought The Guy Was Broke. / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 23, 2015
This is super story!

We were scrolling through our Instagram feed today and ran across this post from @thehumansoflagos. We reposted it on our weddings IG account and it has garnered over 500 comments so far!

A lot of people are finding it difficult to believe, blaming the lady, while some are finding fault with her parents.

Here’s the story that has a lot of people have been talking about this evening.

“My girlfriend left me 4 years ago, we started dating when we were in JS3 and we planned to get married as soon as we finish Uni and get good jobs. After graduation and NYSC I applied for jobs but didn’t get any.

I had this childhood friend, he already had a job and was doing well. We were not that close but we grew up in the same area and went to school together at some point so I consider him a friend and he knew I was dating my girl. One day, my girlfriend told me he asked for her hand in marriage. I was very angry, he knew we were together and have intentions of getting married once I find my feet.

Before I knew what was happening, he took drinks to her parents and they accepted him knowing fully well me and their daughter had plans. My girl cried and cried, she didn’t want to get married to him but her parents pushed her and she eventually agreed.

It was the lowest point of my life, I locked myself inside for weeks and even thought of committing suicide. She was the love of my life and it really affected me. I’ll be 28 in a few weeks and the only thing that matters to me now is work, happiness and becoming a better man.

They’ve been married for 4 years but she hasn’t been able to conceive. She said her mum told her to go and beg me and ask for my forgiveness. I told her I have nothing against her, I wasn’t ready and it wasn’t her fault. I’m actually not happy she hasn’t conceived and I do pray God Blesses their Union.” #HumansOfLagos

1 Like

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by shevi4mb(m): 12:57am On Apr 23, 2015
If you need money to get her....she ain't the one

6 Likes

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Jerryspryng: 12:58am On Apr 23, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 23, 2015
shevi4mb:
If you need money to get her....she ain't the one
Yeah buh it wasn't really her fault! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by ronald4lif(m): 1:02am On Apr 23, 2015
I don't believe her reason for not conceiving has anything to do with dumping the guy. It could be health-related either from her or the hubby.

1 Like

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 23, 2015
ronald4lif:
I don't believe her reason for not conceiving has anything to do with dumping the guy. It could be health-related either from her or the hubby.
You're correct!

I guess it's d naija mentality.

1 Like

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 23, 2015
mummy please tell us a story......
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by letsbet(m): 1:06am On Apr 23, 2015
The way some parents are willing to marry out their female children to the highest bidders in regardless of love between the couples baffles me. Some "Friends" can be heartles, they made "trust" a sacrilage.
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:06am On Apr 23, 2015
Things r happening... some guys can be cruel.. sha.. childhood friend ko adulthood brother ni?? d dude knew human f lagos was dating d chick... Mtchew.. it ave do.. #Rainingcatndogs...
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Jerryspryng: 1:15am On Apr 23, 2015
vichks:
mummy please tell us a story......
Is dis story nt enufff

Wat else do u want
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 23, 2015
If money was a factor,many of us won't have a date. The girl's parent are just greedy.

The guy should be happy for dodging a bullet..

The girl is definitely not his.
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by MRBrownJ: 1:28am On Apr 23, 2015
- what kind of guy goes to a gal's parents to ask her hand in marriage WITHOUT HAVING ANY PRIOR AGREEMENT/CONTACTS with the gal (that one i will never understand)?
- what kind of miserable parents do we have today that would sell marry off their children to the first donkey that comes their way?! i dont get it!!!!
- what kind of low life begging society are we living in that the happiness of your child is irrelevant whatsoever when it comes to the question of marriage?
- what kind of children do we breed that they cant even revolt and say no to such misery?

i do hope this is a scam and that the gal indeed wanted to be with that other guy but couldnt tell her bf, and therefore cook up this BS story.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 23, 2015
Jerryspryng:

Is dis story nt enufff

Wat else do u want
Goodnight story
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Jerryspryng: 1:31am On Apr 23, 2015
vichks:
Goodnight story
Hehehehehehehehehehehe................
Goodnyt story is coming soon, kip waiting
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Jerryspryng:

Hehehehehehehehehehehe................
Goodnyt story is coming soon, kip waiting
embarassed
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by kenny091(m): 2:01am On Apr 23, 2015
These 0s aint loyal. Something like this happened to my brother. Love almost ruined his life mhen. Reminds me of wale's lyric 'LOVE IS FOR OPTIMISTICS'...
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Extom(m): 4:19am On Apr 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:
- what kind of guy goes to a gal's parents to ask her hand in marriage WITHOUT HAVING ANY PRIOR AGREEMENT/CONTACTS with the gal (that one i will never understand)?
- what kind of miserable parents do we have today that would sell marry off their children to the first donkey that comes their way?! i dont get it!!!!
- what kind of low life begging society are we living in that the happiness of your child is irrelevant whatsoever when it comes to the question of marriage?
- what kind of children do we breed that they cant even revolt and say no to such misery?

i do hope this is a scam and that the gal indeed wanted to be with that other guy but couldnt tell her bf, and therefore cook up this BS story.

Next time you uncannily "copy" what I have in mind, put "source" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by MrsChima(f): 4:31am On Apr 23, 2015
Greed and poverty malkes people do strange shit!
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by demmy0325(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2015
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by mikolo80: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:

you are right its not her fault she is not the one
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by kenex4ever(m): 8:37am On Apr 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:
This is super story!

We were scrolling through our Instagram feed today and ran across this post from @thehumansoflagos. We reposted it on our weddings IG account and it has garnered over 500 comments so far!

A lot of people are finding it difficult to believe, blaming the lady, while some are finding fault with her parents.

“My girlfriend left me 4 years ago, we started dating when we were in JS3 and we planned to get married as soon as we finish Uni and get good jobs. After graduation and NYSC I applied for jobs but didn’t get any.

I had this childhood friend, he already had a job and was doing well. We were not that close but we grew up in the same area and went to school together at some point so I consider him a friend and he knew I was dating my girl. One day, my girlfriend told me he asked for her hand in marriage. I was very angry, he knew we were together and have intentions of getting married once I find my feet.

Before I knew what was happening, he took drinks to her parents and they accepted him knowing fully well me and their daughter had plans. My girl cried and cried, she didn’t want to get married to him but her parents pushed her and she eventually agreed.

It was the lowest point of my life, I locked myself inside for weeks and even thought of committing suicide. She was the love of my life and it really affected me. I’ll be 28 in a few weeks and the only thing that matters to me now is work, happiness and becoming a better man.

They’ve been married for 4 years but she hasn’t been able to conceive. She said her mum told her to go and beg me and ask for my forgiveness. I told her I have nothing against her, I wasn’t ready and it wasn’t her fault. I’m actually not happy she hasn’t conceived and I do pray God Blesses their Union.” #HumansOfLagos
always pronounce ur moniker as lagmoskuito or lagmosquito, until now dat I just saw what u meant "lagmostcute"
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by kenex4ever(m): 8:41am On Apr 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:

y not her fault
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 23, 2015
kenex4ever:
always pronounce ur moniker as lagmoskuito or lagmosquito, until now dat I just saw what u meant "lagmostcute"
grin grin
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by shevi4mb(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Xo it was whose's fault? The guy?
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by MzLaurel(f): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
Extom:

Next time you uncannily "copy" what I have in mind, put "source" undecided

Lol....I think 'er body would have to carry a HEARTOSCOPE around so as not to write things on ur mind.

# back to the topic# The gal nd her mother are to be blamed.

1 Like

Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Extom(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
MzLaurel:

Lol....I think 'er body would have to carry a HEARTOSCOPE around so as not to write things on ur mind.

# back to the topic# The gal nd her mother are to be blamed.
Hehehe grin
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by ikechukwu354(m): 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
anyway in other news u guys shoud expect my new album... am upcoming uk doing the afro pop afro hip hop, doing good and beautiful music...
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by Jerryspryng: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
kenex4ever:
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe................
LWKMD!!!!!
Re: Who Is At Fault? Touching Story Of A Man Who Lost His Girlfrnd because He Was Broke by misreal(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2015
lagmostkuit:
This is super story!

(1) (Reply)

Making A Female Romancelander Like And Eventually Fall In Love With You / Some Reasons That A Lady May Not Be Having Suitors / S*x Isn’t The Only Form Of Infidelity In Relationships These Days…see How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.