Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,098 members, 7,942,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:27 PM

Former IGP Speaks On 2015 General Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former IGP Speaks On 2015 General Polls (701 Views)

IGP Idris Promotes Policemen Who Killed Notorious "Vampire" In Imo State (photo) / "Nigerians Put To Shame Prophets Of Doom On 2015 Election" - Goodluck Jonathan / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former IGP Speaks On 2015 General Polls by bugs1: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
The former inspector general of police, IGP Suleiman Abba, has said that he did his very best and delivered a credible and peaceful election to the country during the 2015 general elections.

Abba was sacked on Tuesday in a statement by the presidential spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati who said the sack was with immediate effect. He was replaced by former deputy inspector general of police in charge of Force Intelligence in acting capacity, Ag IGP Solomon Arase.

Abba made the remark yesterday during the official handing over and taking over ceremony between him and Arase, where he said that the society usually finds it difficult to understand the actions of the police.

He said, “I want to thank the Almighty God, for seeing me into the office of IGP; like He said, He gives and He takes and He is also seeing me out as the IGP, particularly, when it is in good health and with the ovation I’m getting from my colleagues.

“I want to thank the president and commander-in-chief of the armed forces, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, for that appointment and for also seeing me out at this time because I believe God knows the best. And I want to say that I want to move on with my life believing that life has steps and it is a journey.”

“To my colleagues, I know you have seen it all. We started at a time that was very difficult in Nigerian history, a time when politics had picked up. We were getting ready for the elections and our whole attention, I would say, was on the elections, even though we kept on doing our best in managing our day to day activities”.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/04/former-igp-speaks-on-2015-general-polls/
Re: Former IGP Speaks On 2015 General Polls by galadima77(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
touchy with swollen account I guess
Re: Former IGP Speaks On 2015 General Polls by baybeeboi: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
how these men happen to speak so well and how they are so heart-warming is what i just can't ascertain.
I mean, criminals just got the words.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Opposed A Change In His Security Details / I Want Seun To Hear My Voice!!! / Jonathan Congratulates 2 Commisioners After Their Oath Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.