Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,188 members, 7,890,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:48 AM

Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat (950 Views)

Nigerian Landlord Found Prepaid Meters In A Village in Ghana (Video) / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat by suggyspic: 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Residence woke up as a result of a loud shout from a tenant in Port Harcourt Rivers state as the landlord of the property was removing his Gmp windows from his house. Initially he has disconnected his water and electricity, yet the tenant refuse to leave the property. This made the landlord to go a step further by removing the Window. while we were pleading the landlord started opening the sock away chambers to block the toilet drains.
On further inquiry, we were made to understand that the tenant (lady) have been owing the landlord 7months rent, and have refused to answer the lawyer who happen to be the attorney in charge of the property for the landlord. The landlord said he had made effort to talk to her but she refuse to answer him. In his words (landlord) " when you ignore the lawyer and me, who else do you want to talk to, she is taking advantage of the fact that the courts in the state is closed, let her go to the police am waiting".
The tenant(lady) said she does not have the time to talk to both of them that she would leave once she gets the money to pay for another accommodation.
My question is the landlord doing the right thing since his lawyer is handicapped due to the closure of the courts in the state?
is their a better way to reach an understating in this case considering the fact that the tenant is not even ready to talk to the lawyer nor the land lord?
can the landlord wait until when ever the court is opened to exercise his right.
please advise.
Re: Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat by yomi007k(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2015
Is d lady doing d right thing by refusing to pay her rent?

Answer this first then I'll answer urs.

If she's uncomfortable,she can leave.
Re: Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat by suggyspic: 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
yomi007k:
Is d lady doing d right thing by refusing to pay her rent?

Answer this first then I'll answer urs.

If she's unconfortable,she can leave.

Two wrongs cannot make a right, she does not have the money to renew. haba, were is the place of conscience in this world.
Re: Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat by mufutau55(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
suggyspic:

Two wrongs cannot make a right, she does not have the money to renew. haba, were is the place of conscience in this world.

There is no room for conscience in business... sorry!
Anywhere in the world, when you don't pay your rent, you will be evicted..

1 Like

Re: Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat by MRBrownJ: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
suggyspic:

i fully disagree with you.
this man build his house and is trying to run a business. what if the rent has to pay for the loan he took for this house? should he loose his house because some tenant dont have money to pay the rent?

the below quote is nonsense, after 7 months, she needs to get the fukc out of there. i would have done worst in a shorter period. the day your deposit is gone, you GOT TO GO!!!!

The tenant(lady) said she does not have the time to talk to both of them that she would leave once she gets the money to pay for another accommodation.
Re: Landlord Using Self Help 2 Quit Tenant,a Result Of Court Closure In Rivers/stat by yomi007k(m): 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
suggyspic:

If d landlord had collected money from her without giving her a house, u wud say d man is wicked.

Have u ever built a house? Do u knw d sacrifices involed?

I am sure d lady has options, she just doesn't want to leave that house BECOS SHE KNOWS SHE IS A LADY N CAN APPEAL TO SENTIMENTS.
If we continue with this mentality, we wud go nowhere. Looking 4 freebies everywhere.

PS- u luck say she nor try with some ppl, dem go don break her apartment for her. Make I see who she go run go meet.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

An Uncompleted Bungalow Building For Sale / 6 * 3 Bedrooms Flats For Rent At Idowu Estate, Oke-ira, Ajah @ 950k/annum Each / Knoxville Wholesale Furniture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.