Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,603 members, 7,934,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:46 PM

Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue (1771 Views)

Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / Tempted- Prologue / Bloodline........Prologue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by TheInkheart(f): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
"Omolabake, sanu mi now. I'm not getting any younger. Do you know how those foolish women sneer at me when they come to the shop, ehn? They will be smiling and be saying nonsense at my back. It is not kuku their fault" "Maami, please leave those people and what they say. They will soon keep quiet, it is normal for them to talk" "Maybe it is normal for them to talk but it is not normal that my only child refused to get married. Ko normal kan kan. Look at you, almost 30 and no boyfriend. Come o, abi you don't like men? Abi it is women you like, like all these rotten oyinbo people ehn? "Maami, I don't like women and there's nothing wrong with me not having a boyfriend. This is the jet age where women are being recognized for a lot more than their marital status. I don't have to be married to...." "Ma gbo rubbish ti n Labake n so, ehn. See the nonsense you are saying. When I was your age, I was already taking you to nursery school and you're saying nonsense. You think money is everything? O fe do'ju ti mi, abi? You want people to start laughing at me, ehn?" "Maami, nobody will laugh at you jare. Stop blowing things out of proportion. There are so many people that are not married that are doing so well. Maybe I am not destined to settle down with any man" "Ehn? Hear the rubbish that is coming out of your mouth. I reject it in Jesus' name. Omolabake, Aderiyike, Morenikeji, sanu mi. I want to see you married, I want to carry my grandchildren before I go and join your father in heaven. And you know the doctor said that I don't have much time. How will I even have much time when I can't stop being worried about your husbandless situation? How? Everyday, that's all I think about. Maybe we should visit Pastor Derinsola for prayers o because this one is not normal. "Maami, no need to involve the pastor, I can find a man on my own. I promise to get a husband soon. E ma worry" "Me, I'm very worried. Better look for husband o. In a month's time now, you will be clocking 30. Do you know how hard it will be to find a man once you're 30?" "So, I should go and look for who to marry before I turn 30 in 30 days? Is that what you're saying?" "Yes, Omolabake, yes... Find a man before you clock 30 or I will find a man for you myself. I will put up your name in newspapers, magazines and on TV sef." "Haba, Maami, ki lo le to iyen ke? On top this marriage issue? "You think I'm joking abi? You think this is a laughing matter abi? Labake, don't call me until you have found a man to marry. Until you do the right thing, don't call me o. O dabo" Labake had barely registered it in get head that her mother was very serious about what she was saying when her phone started ringing again. It was her baby cousin. "Big sis, how far now? Are you at home? "Nope, I'm not at home. Went for this seminar at Abeokuta. What's up? "Nothing o. I was thinking of coming to your place so you can cook that sweet chicken sauce and potato chips for me and talk" "Talk? Oya talk to me on the phone now. Should I call you back?" "No jor, I have plenty credit. Besides it is not a phone issue. When are you coming back?" "I can't say. I may be heading to Osun state from here" "Hmm, big sis, you work too much o." "Is there anything like work too much? I have to hustle o" "Ah, there is something like too much work o, when it is in the way of your social life. Wo, I want to eat engagement rice o" "Solape, go and eat na. Shebi there are weddings everyday" "I want to eat yours and big mommy too. She is not happy at all. She called me minutes ago and was really crying. She sounded so heartbroken. If you don't want to marry, do it for her. She is not happy with you at all. Labake's heart sank. She pretended as if the network had gone bad and dropped the call, immediately switching her phone off. Where did her mother expect her to find a man that will propose to her in 30 days? How will that even happen? She dropped her head in her palms as ridiculous ideas popped in her head; kidnap him off the street, use jazz to hold him down. She could not even laugh, she just shook head, wishing she was not saddled with the weight her mother had suddenly put on her shoulders. Dako Alice Temitope

www.theinkheartblog.com...
Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by marchzoner(m): 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
Confaam write up...

2 Likes

Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by TheInkheart(f): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
marchzoner:
Confaam write up...

thank you *smiles*
Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by Divepen1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Please do correct spacing for the dialogues as in....
' How far?'
' I dey ooo'
And for better paragraphing, press the 'enter' twice

2 Likes

Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by mzpetite(f): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
nice. but the yorubas you wrote, u could write the meaning at the end of every writeup so that those who do not understand yoruba can know too
Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by TheInkheart(f): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2015
Divepen1:
Please do correct spacing for the dialogues as in....
' How far?'
' I dey ooo'
And for better paragraphing, press the 'enter' twice

thanks... corrections duly noted
Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by TheInkheart(f): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2015
mzpetite:
nice. but the yorubas you wrote, u could write the meaning at the end of every writeup so that those who do not understand yoruba can know too

okay... I will make corrections in next posts...
Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by marchzoner(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
@Op waiting for an update..*picks up his popcorn*
Re: Thirty Days To 30 - Prologue by bumsiee: 9:26am On May 26, 2015
NicEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Following

(1) (Reply)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / "Love In Aso Rock" / Sex On The Mountain(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.