Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,378 members, 7,968,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:39 PM

Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal (28247 Views)

Beauty Without Christ Is Ugliness - TB Joshua... / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer / T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2009
~Sissy~:

"Dear Friend,

Many of you have called, written or e-mailed regarding my recent appearance on Larry King Live. I appreciate your comments and value your words of correction and encouragement.

It was never my desire or intention to leave any doubt as to what I believe and Whom I serve. I believe with all my heart that it is only through Christ that we have hope in eternal life. I regret and sincerely apologize that I was unclear on the very thing in which I have dedicated my life.

Jesus declared in John 14; I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. I believe that Jesus Christ alone is the only way to salvation. However, it wasn’t until I had the opportunity to review the transcript of the interview that I realize I had not clearly stated that having a personal relationship with Jesus is the only way to heaven. It’s about the individual’s choice to follow Him.

It took a review of a transcript to "realize" a pastor wasnt clear on the very foundation of Christianity? Unbelievable.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Sissy3(f): 5:46am On Feb 07, 2009
davidylan:

It took a review of a transcript to "realize" a pastor wasnt clear on the very foundation of Christianity? Unbelievable.

yea very unbelievable, he calls himself a pastor, and i wonder why he hasnt come across the following verses in the bible. i mean seriously why did he find it hard to say Jesus is the only to heaven as clearly stated in the bible.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

On the December 23, 2007 edition of Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace brought up criticisms of Osteen's lack of Scripture reference in his sermons, as well as his hesitancy to discuss sin as an integral part of life. Osteen responded: "And I am ultimately trying to do that, but I'm trying to teach people how to live their everyday lives, and so I do focus on it, probably not as much as some people would like." and His sermons and writings are sometimes reproached for their use of the concept of the prosperity gospel, a belief that wealth and power are rewards for pious Christians, by some people.

and when Larry asked him his stances on gay and abortion here was what he said.

KING: How about issues that the church has feelings about? Abortion? Same-sex marriages?

OSTEEN: Yeah. You know what, Larry? I don't go there. I just ,

KING: You have thoughts, though.

OSTEEN: I have thoughts. I just, you know, I don't think that a same-sex marriage is the way God intended it to be. I don't think abortion is the best. I think there are other, you know, a better way to live your life. But I'm not going to condemn those people. I tell them all the time our church is open for everybody.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by donnie(m): 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2009
I heard His Dad was an anointed man of God and I believe he is too.
However, i don't think he'll deny the fact that he is a motivational speaker as much as he is an evangelist of the gospel of Jesus Christ. . .
Just my own thinkin though.

He that believeth not is condemned already!

Rom 7:7-9 tells us that without the law, there is no consciousness of sin. Therefore, the one without the law is judged without the law.

That answers the Q about those who have never heard the gospel or had a chance to believe. They'll be judged by their consciences. But having heard and rejected truth, there is condemnation.

If u understand the different dispensations:

Dispensation of Conscience, Like in the days of Abraham, when there was no law, but they related with God and were judged by their conscience (without the law).
Dispensation of The Law, The dispensation of Moses.
Dispensation of Grace, Christ came with abundance of grace.

That is why we are commanded to preach the gospel in and out of season so that all will hear for until it is preached as a witness to all nations,  Christ will not come.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Image123(m): 10:04am On Feb 10, 2009
@donnie
That is why we are commanded to preach the gospel in and out of season so that all will hear for until it is preached as a witness to all nations, Christ will not come.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
There's a 'lidu' difference between what you just said and what the Lord said
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by eziuche(f): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2009
I didnt watch Joel Osteen's interview on CNN,neither did i watch his time out with Larry,but all i know is that any
time i hear Joel Osteen speak,i am inspired,i am lifted,i know it is only the word of God that can come out in that way.He speaks the word the way it will make meaning in my life.Besides I dnt wanna hear a preacher that calls the name of God in vain,I rather get a sermon that will teach me how to live a Godly Life,How to think Positively and how to be a better person,If i am a better person and i live a good life,i will definitely make heaven.So folks,why dont u stop saying something bad about the bus instead of u to just jump into the bus and take a ride in it,Besides,it is only God that knows who is who.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2009
eziuche:

I didnt watch Joel Osteen's interview on CNN,neither did i watch his time out with Larry,but all i know is that any
time i hear Joel Osteen speak,i am inspired,i am lifted,i know it is only the word of God that can come out in that way.He speaks the word the way it will make meaning in my life.Besides I dnt wanna hear a preacher that calls the name of God in vain,I rather get a sermon that will teach me how to live a Godly Life,How to think Positively and how to be a better person,[size=14pt]If i am a better person and i live a good life,i will definitely make heaven.[/size]So folks,why dont u stop saying something bad about the bus instead of u to just jump into the bus and take a ride in it,Besides,it is only God that knows who is who.

and so did unbiblical drivel enter the church and the people fed and forgot the bible. They developed itchy ears willing to hear only that which would satiate their sinful souls . . . for sound doctrine they could no longer endure and the Son of Man they have put to an open shame.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by naijacutee(f): 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2009
I have never listened to this man before, and hence do not know whether the allegations against him are true or now. But Jesus did warn about peculiar, successful "preachers" being abounding in numbers towards the end of time.

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people." (Matthew 24: 4,11)
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Easypizzy(f): 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2009
:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Gloriouspa(m): 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2009
I really appreciate all your comments on this issue, Lady, Sissy and Davidylan. #
Let me share this with you. I am a born again christain with God's grace to direct me through the Holy Spirit. I was in my room one Friday morning preparing to go to work. I turned the radio to a particulart staion to listen to press report. After the press report, they started to play on muslim song immediately I turned away from that station to another station to avoid listening to that muslim songs.

I heard that Holy spirit voice saying why did you do that, I replied I don't want to listen to that music ofcourse. They replied I got was that I will replace the soul of some christians with that of some muslim who live a righteous life when they were on earth. This is a mystery beyond any human reasoning including me and you. I am not in support one should not give his or her life to christ o. My bible made me to understand that Jesus Christ is the way, truth and life and no one cometh unto God except through him (Jesus Christ). God said, I will have mercy unto those I will have mercy and have compassion on who he will have compassion. Ours is tell people about the gospel and leave the rest for God to continue. The bible said "no one cometh unto the father except he draws him" Let God alone do the judgement. He said we should not judge but keep praying for those that we thinks are falling or derailing from the path. I believe God will touch his heart.

Ever since that day I talked to people about Jesus Christ and share my little experience as a young christian and look forward to getting the glorious home. I pray that God will lead us aright and help us all to the glorious home in heaven which our LORD Jesus Christ had gone to prepare for us. May His grace and glory be with us all (Amen).
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Epi: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
I had the pleasure to meet and speak with Joel Osteen and he appears to be a very nice and sincere person not to mention very handsome (charming smile). My "mum" didn't want to let go of Joel's hands because that's her favorite preacher.

Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by No2Atheism(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
Control the mind of a man and you have control of his body . . .

- Notice how @lady would blatantly oppose the bible when it becomes obvious that wat she believes as a catholic is in direct conflict with the bible.

- Religion was created to control the people nothing more nothing less. . .

- The Messiah did not die so as to bring religion to people, instead he died so that people can be free from the Bondage of Sin  . . .

- One of the things that helps me to know whether a pastor is fake or real is if the Pastor is confident enough to actually say and stand by whatever the bible says:

a. The Messiah is not white.
b. Salvation is by Faith through Grace.
c. Idol worship is wrong.

It does not matter how sweet someone sounds or how well spoken they are . . . the bottom line is that once what the so called Pastor says or does something that is in opposition to the bible, then as far as i am concerned the Pastor is wrong . . . end of story.

@Lady . . .

I cringe when I realise that you keep exhibiting the characteristics that:

the worst that can happen to a man is when the man does not know the truth and yet fights for the lie.

You worship Mary, yet you yourself know that the Bible say it is wrong.
You worship saints, yet you yourself know that it is wrong.
Your catholic leaders and priests brainwash you with Idol images, yet you yourself know that it is wrong.
You are bowing down to white idol images, yet you yourself know that it is wrong.
Your Pope secretly worships the Black Madonna yet you yourself do not see there is something wrong when they are trying to brainwash you with white images.

One thing is for certain.

The Devil has infiltrated the Church since the time of the Roman Catholic. . . hence i am not suprised about so called Mega Pastors that talk so much but say little . . . one thing is for sure : Their time of reckoning is coming  . . .
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by No2Atheism(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
Epi:

I had the pleasure to meet and speak with Joel Osteen and he appears to be a very nice and sincere person not to mention very handsome (charming smile). My "mum" didn't want to let go of Joel's hands because that's her favorite preacher.

Exactly how does that bring Glory to the Creator . . .
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by viaro: 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
I like the last pic up there.

*Tsk-tsk. . just look behind the guy and you'll see his real trade!

Oh, you don't get it, no? Look again. . he's a businessman.

hint: "Craft/Hobbies".
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
Epi:

I had the pleasure to meet and speak with Joel Osteen and he appears to be a very nice and sincere person not to mention very handsome (charming smile).  My "mum" didn't want to let go of Joel's hands because that's her favorite preacher.

Of what relevance is this to the gospel?

and here we see the begining of man-worship.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2009

@Lady . . .

I cringe when I realise that you keep exhibiting the characteristics that:

the worst that can happen to a man is when the man does not know the truth and yet fights for the lie.

You worship Mary, yet you yourself know that the Bible say it is wrong.
You worship saints, yet you yourself know that it is wrong.
Your catholic leaders and priests brainwash you with Idol images, yet you yourself know that it is wrong.
You are bowing down to white idol images, yet you yourself know that it is wrong.
Your Pope secretly worships the Black Madonna yet you yourself do not see there is something wrong when they are trying to brainwash you with white images.

One thing is for certain.

The Devil has infiltrated the Church since the time of the Roman Catholic. . . hence i am not suprised about so called Mega Pastors that talk so much but say little . . . one thing is for sure : Their time of reckoning is comin

WHAT ON EARTH MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN CATHOLICS.

THE JESUS AND MOSES YOU READ IN UR HERETIC CHURCH WERE BLACKS ,THIS JESUS DIFFERS FROM THE JESUS IN THE CATHOLIC CANONIZED SCRIPTURES,OBVIOUSLY THE BIBLE YOU ARE READING IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE CANONIZED AT THE SYNOD OF HIPPO NO WONDER YOU ARE MISTAKEN THAT CATHOLICS WORSHIP MARY AND THE SAINTS.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by No2Atheism(m): 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2009
chukwudi44:

WHAT ON EARTH MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE BETTER THAN CATHOLICS.

THE JESUS AND MOSES YOU READ IN your HERETIC CHURCH WERE BLACKS  ,THIS JESUS DIFFERS FROM THE JESUS IN THE CATHOLIC CANONIZED SCRIPTURES,OBVIOUSLY THE BIBLE YOU ARE READING IS DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE CANONIZED AT THE SYNOD OF HIPPO NO WONDER YOU ARE MISTAKEN THAT CATHOLICS WORSHIP MARY AND THE SAINTS.

If you like go and canonise and obstrecise at the council of elephant . . .

The bottom line is that the Bible is clear for all to read and study. . . and unfortunately for catholics and idol worshippers.

- THE CREATOR HIMSELF SAID IN THE BIBLE THAT THE ISREALITES WERE LIKE THE ETHIOPIANS.

Let me repeat again, in case you did not hear me properly . . . I said :

[size=15pt] - THE CREATOR HIMSELF SAID IN THE BIBLE THAT THE ISREALITES WERE LIKE THE ETHIOPIANS.
[/size]

So can you please tell me again why the catholic church is lying and brainwashing you into believing in a White idol image of a so called "White Messiah".
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2009
At least Joel Osteen had the decency to apologize.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by hubreality(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2009
@poster, this is not a scandal. Take note! The Gospel is a saving Life not a Religion. I pray that God will continue to guide him(Joel Osteen) in all wisdom and understanding to stand strong in Love and the Power therein.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by folami86: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2009
Epi:

thanks for the pictures. what did he say to you and your "mum"? do tell.
hubreality:

@poster, this is not a scandal. Take note! The Gospel is a saving Life not a Religion. I pray that God will continue to guide him(Joel Osteen) in all wisdom and understanding to stand strong in Love and the Power therein.
with you on this
davidylan:

Of what relevance is this to the gospel?
don't mind her. she sees not listening
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Sissy3(f): 1:13am On Nov 10, 2009
he is obviously running on the bible and not actually standing firm on the words because he doesnt want to OFFEND his big DONORS and lose millions in donation.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 10, 2009
i used to believe the hype even though i listen to him occasionally, until i heard him give a clear altar call mentioning Jesus, one day.

now, i dont know if this was in response to criticism or if editing was responsible for his previous image.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by SeanT21(f): 5:27am On Nov 10, 2009
I love Joel Osteen. I catch him every sunday morning.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by Sissy3(f): 6:44am On Nov 10, 2009
@ tpia

its prolly due to the criticism
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by opata(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2012
I'll just like to advice rational folk here not to jump to conclusions.

Youtube the clip, listen to it, understand the context he was speaking in etc.

Don't take the word of a previous poster for truth. Do your own investigations.

Finally, I'll just say a bad preacher is different from a false preacher. And one mistake by a man doesn't make him inherently and irrevocably "bad'

Be wise.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by wesley80(m): 10:38am On Mar 03, 2012
^^ I kinda agree with you.
Re: Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal by nwakaibeya1: 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
Spiritual traders full in the house of God decieving the spiritually blind ignorant children of God while humanbeings following them are under heavy bondage and spiritual attacks and dont have peace and cannot sleep at night which is the commonest thing JESUSCHRIST promised and while still listening to airplane thirsty pastors&prophets and the worste is that the commonest thing JESUSCHRIST PROMISED WHICH IS PEACE is not made available to followers and they cant sleep at night,there is no peace?what a calamity and instead they have refused to yield unto the call that kingdom of God of justice has come,the light has come,the mantle and judgement has come upon the earth .we have spoken again to the whole world and who has ear let him hear what the spirits are saying and thats why we said Era of please be bornagain and altar call and weepng and sufering people in CHURCHES and giving them fastng and night vigil are over.rather the era now is give them the LIGHT and POWER to EMPOWER them and let them SEE and prophesy to themselves and be above all kinds or evil no matter the evil,that is the CHRIST authority of real JESUSCHRIST to his real followers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N3.3m To 12 Ladies Deported From Libya / Funeral Home Denies Involvement In Alleged Ressurection Of Man By A Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.