Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,596 members, 7,929,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:14 AM

Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee (37030 Views)

Profiles Of Sandie Okoro & Arunma Oteh, Nigerians In World Bank Management Team / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by francom(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
the time is right and expectations are high. We dont just want quality people but quality results to aswell
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Wolesunday: 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
tbaba1234:
Mrs Adenike Aboderin

Education

University of Lagos, Nigeria
Bachelor's Degree, B.Sc. (Hons) Finance
1988-1992

University of Lagos, Nigeria
Master's Degree, Masters in Banking & Finance (MBF)
1999 – 2000

Harvard Business School, Boston, USA
Global Strategic Management (GSM)
2009 – 2009

Lagos Business School, Nigeria
Advanced Management Program (AMP)
2009 – 2010

Career:

Customer Relations Officer, Commercial Banking Department
Commercial Bank Ltd.
January 1992 – January 1993

Senior Accounts & Administration Officer
Homeworks International Ltd.
February 1993 – February 1998

Head, Treasury/ Financial Services
Premium Securities Ltd. (FBN (Merchant) Bank Ltd.)
March 1998 – March 2000

Senior Relationship Manager - GTS/Global Commercial Banking Unit
CitiBank Nigeria
April 2000 – June 2008

Group Head, Large Corporates; Assistant General Manager
Skye Bank PLC
June 2008 – July 2011

Special Adviser – Cabinet Status, Trade & Investment
Ogun State Government
July 2011 – August 2014

Experience
Group Head, Large Corporates; Assistant General Manager
Skye Bank PLC
September 2014 – Present

https://ng.linkedin.com/pub/adenike-aboderin/14/211/37b
with a choice like Mrs. Aboderin (who inspires her team members to a great length and a 1daful boss/leader), Buhari indeed mean business

1 Like

Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Paultue: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
The chairman and Tam- David West are too old and will not have something new or good to bring to the table of modern Nigeria... we are watching
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by tochstorm(m): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
where is tinubu? tinubu studied abroad too smiley i need to know!
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by tochstorm(m): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
i told u guys that a new breed of e warriors will arise. well here they are.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by porka: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Tam David-West was sacked for corruption by Babangida. Timipre Sylvia is being prosecuted for massive looting of Bayelsa State by the EFCC (He heads the inauguration committee of Buhari)
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by nickydof(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Same old thieves!!! Is either they have served in government at one time or their parents have!!!

We wish them all the best as they continue the trend!!
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by senier007(m): 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
To me the best candidate is the secretary which upto now nobody gave his profile, Mallam Adamu Adamu is a man of integrity, he speaks the truth no matter how hard it is, I could remember, he had a battle with one of revered and highly respected islamic scholar in the north over GMB in 2011, he is vast interms of knowledge, he has good command of English, he is a journalist and a columnist, he writes for daily trust every friday column, I believe with this kind of people put together things will start changing for good cuz if this set of people can not articulate the way forward for this great nation of ours then am afraid this country is beyond repair for the next decade.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by mbulela: 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Tinubu is a wonder!
He has many sins but the man has an incredible eye for talent at the top. When it comes to talent he does not promote mediocrity.
See the members of the transition committee from the west. These are seasoned technocrats and professionals with clear mandates. No political jobber in there.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by mbulela: 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
Paultue:
The chairman and Tam- David West are too old and will not have something new or good to bring to the table of modern Nigeria... we are watching
I can even understand the role of Jody but I struggle to understand david-west. Have you seen him lately? The man is old and in need of rest.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by mbulela: 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
MrP7:

After I read threads on nairaland I can definitely conclude that Nigerians celebrate criminality.
If Gani or Fela we're still alike , some of these crooks will not be parading as super heroes.
I didn't vote because all the parties are all the same so don't label me PDP or APc.
Dr Onu was the first governor of Abia State and his achievement was how much money he could loot.
He set the foundation for robbing Abia treasury for personal usage
Amechi was not from a wealthy family and wasn't rich before he entered politics now he is a billionaire.
Please let's be objective.

I find your argument about Dr. Onu disputable. Any proof to back up that argument?
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by mbulela: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
Flets:

If abandoning governance for political gains for over 2.5years is competence...... Then competence has a different meaning

Why are courts under lock and key for a better part of the 2nd tenure while rivers indigenes are languishing in jails because their cases cannot be heard?

What does the popular formulation of parallel govt by amaechi actually mean?

What's really competent about Amaechi?
Amaechi failed in his second term. I doubt he himself can defend his second tenure.
Pensioners not paid since December and as we speak most workers have not been paid for March.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by ibnjarir93(m): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
senier007:
To me the best candidate is the secretary which upto now nobody gave his profile, Mallam Adamu Adamu is a man of integrity, he speaks the truth no matter how hard it is, I could remember, he had a battle with one of revered and highly respected islamic scholar in the north over GMB in 2011, he is vast interms of knowledge, he has good command of English, he is a journalist and a columnist, he writes for daily trust every friday column, I believe with this kind of people put together things will start changing for good cuz if this set of people can not articulate the way forward for this great nation of ours then am afraid this country is beyond repair for the next decade.
spot on. I'm glad Adamu Adamu is celebrated here.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Demdem(m): 12:31am On Apr 26, 2015
Flets:

Amaechi..... Competent people?

Yes, the best Governor of Rivers in recent times. If u Av doubts about this, suggest a name.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by Demdem(m): 12:33am On Apr 26, 2015
tbaba1234:

Well, he was head of a campaign team that kicked out an incumbent government for the first time in Nigeria's history.

This is a plus to his credentials. The first of its kind in this country.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by ibnapine(m): 2:25am On Apr 26, 2015
I did not see the name of any Benue man on this Committee. Particularly the Tiv people
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by adconline(m): 3:09am On Apr 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

With a lot of money (I mean trillions) at any governors disposal, he can afford to waste 75% and still appear very competent to laymen.

Do you know that River State has approximately the same Federal allocation as five Southeast States combined in eight years of Amaechi's regime?
I'm not insinuating anything, just making an observation.

Thank you. He amassed $24bn in 8 years?? Can you show me $10bn developmental project
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by tbaba1234: 7:20am On Apr 26, 2015
Dr Doyin Salami (Vice Chairman)

Education

Queen Mary, U. of London Bachelor of Science (BSc), Economics, Hons 1981 – 1984

Queen Mary, U. of London Master of Science (MSc), Economics 1984 – 1985

Queen Mary, U. of London Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Economics 1985 – 1989

Lagos Business School, Pan Atlantic University Diploma, Business Administration and Management, General 1999 – 1999

Career

Lecturer Lagos Business School February 1998 – Present (17 years 3 months)

Senior Fellow Lagos Business School February 1998 – Present (17 years 3 months)

Member, Economic Management Team Federal Government of Nigeria February 2009 – October 2009 (9 months) | Abuja

Member, Monetary Policy Committe Central Bank of Nigeria January 2010 – Present (5 years 4 months)
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by okorune(m): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2015
Paultue:

Such comments are laughable. Nigeria is mixture infant, young, middle aged, old, very/too old and even d unborn. In a progressive society/nation everyone should be represented. If being too old is an automatic exclusion from national issues then d best will be 2 go for too young, who often lacks experience. I think we need all hands on deck.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by okorune(m): 5:05am On Apr 27, 2015
ibnapine:
I did not see the name of any Benue man on this Committee. Particularly the Tiv people

Are u suggesting we form a transition committee where every ethnic nationalities in Nigeria will be represented? What a thought. That will be over 200 members. When will Nigerians know where 2 place ethnicity and religion in nation building.
Re: Profiles Of Members Of Buhari's Transitional Commitee by nagoma(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
[quote author=tbaba1234 post=33097307]
Mr Festus Odimegwu

Mr. Eze Festus Boniface Oha Odimegwu, CON served as Chairman, National Population Commission (NPC and Chief Executive Officer of Nigeria's biggest Brewer, Nigerian Breweries. Mr. Odimegwu is stickler for excellence and a goal-getter. He taken over at NB Plc than he embarked on a modernization programme that has further strengthened the distance between NB and its competitors. Mr. Odimegwu was the spirit behind the partnership with Heiniken that resulted into one of the world's biggest Breweries in Nigeria. Nigerian Breweries became the most capitalized stock on the Nigerian Stock Exchange under his leadership. He served as a Director of Dangote Cement Plc until March 2012. He served as Director of Union Bank of Nigeria plc. since 2004 until December 31, 2011. He served as Director of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc. He graduated with B.Sc Chemistry from the University of Nigeria, Nnsuka and M.Sc Brewing from Beriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.

Edited from http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=26668236&ticker=UBN:NL
[/quote ]

Having Festus Odimegwu anywhere near this committee is a gross mistake. I wonder how he got there. His antecedents are well known to Nigerians. You cannot place an unrepentant bigot in such positions. I would want to know Kwankwaso's position on this appointment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Goodluck Jonathan Is Anini, An Armed Robber With PhD" - Jimoh Ibrahim / President Buhari Congratulates President-Elect, Bola Tinubu / Wike Blasts Amaechi In Church: We're Starting Projects Afresh Because You Looted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.