Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,590 members, 7,944,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Klitschko Retains Heavyweight Titles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Klitschko Retains Heavyweight Titles (481 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight / Anthony Femi Joshua Retains IBF World Heavyweight Title / Jose Mourinho Pictured With Anthony Joshua, Heavyweight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Klitschko Retains Heavyweight Titles by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2015
Wladimir Klitschko has defended his world heavyweight titles for the 18th time in a row with aunanimous points victory over American Bryant Jennings.
The Ukrainian, who holds the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts, was in a record-equalling 27th heavyweight title fight. Two judges at Madison Square Garden in New York scored it 116-111, and the third made it 118-109 for Klitschko.
"Jennings would have beaten a lot of heavyweights," said Klitschko, 39. "He's a tough competitor. "Klitschko relied on his heavy jab to pile up points against his unbeaten 30-year-old opponent.Jennings fought defensively for the first third of the bout with his gloves held high over his face, only occasionally springing into offensive action. In the middle third of the 12-round bout, the American turned more aggressive, scoring with some rights into Klitschko's ribs and by the ninth round had caused a cut under Klitschko's left eye.
Klitschko responded by throwing more combinations, following up his stiff jab with a dangerous right and he finished strongly, landing a big right hand in the final seconds.
Jennings thought the fight was much closer than the scoring. "Every time I started working he held me," said theAmerican. "When he was holding I was hitting him to the body. I must have hit him with about a hundred body shots, but not much to the head. "I think the margin should have been much closer."
Klitschko is the second longest reigning Heavyweight Champion of all time and has the second most successful title defenses total of any heavyweight boxer with 23 (including his "super" title recognition), behind just Joe Louis (25) and ahead of Larry Holmes (20) and Muhammad Ali (19).
Klitschko having lost just only 3 out of a total 67 matches in his career with 53 wins by knock out would surely become one of the greatest when he retires.

Re: Klitschko Retains Heavyweight Titles by bewla(m): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2015
am training a good fighter to bit up this guy (saka)

(1) (Reply)

{#astrology} CSK Vs RR Match Prediction,match Astrology & Match Preview / Regional ‘wars’ In Glo Premier League / Photo: Man U Vs Bayern: Match Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.