Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,259 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:01 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? (1264 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2015
One of my friends does not attend church nor have any fellowship apart from me but believes he is a christian because he prays, reads the bible and believes that Jesus is Lord. But friends say he is deceived and not a christian at all, I’m confused.. can you be a christian and not go to church?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Emmatdayo(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2015
Obeying the ten commandment and the commandment layed down by chrst is the main thing
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Princecalm(m): 9:34am On Apr 26, 2015
Very possible, for even in the time of Christ, there was no Church
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2015
Salvation dey say is personal, but d Bible also says "Keep d sabbath day holy".

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by swaggzo(m): 10:31am On Apr 26, 2015
undecided
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
keeping d sabbath day holy does not necessarily mean goin to church na
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 10:44am On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
keeping d sabbath day holy does not necessarily mean goin to church na
Hahahaaaa,black man must read another meaning...
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by charlsecy(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2015
Yes, you can be a Christian without church attendance, but it is not advisable. Consider the post at https://www.nairaland.com/2264990/reasons-why-go-church
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Hila12(m): 11:57am On Apr 26, 2015
Turning your back on the church is turning your back on Christ, technically.

Yes you would still be a christian, but not necessarily a good one. Just like we have obedient and disobedient servants.

God instituted the 'Church' for worship, and the holy spirit to direct our thoughts and ways in the way He pleases.

Christ himself and his early apostles/disciples always honoured the Sabbath, especially in a synagogue or gathering.

PS The church is not a building - the church is the union of faithfuls in worship.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
Hahahaaaa,black man must read another meaning...
hmm
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
hmm
WARRI na we we oh, hood boys...
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
WARRI na we we oh, hood boys...
Area! Ur boy kneel down greet ur government cheesy
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
Area! Ur boy kneel down greet ur government cheesy
I remain Loyal Sir!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
I remain Loyal Sir!
na me loyal pass bros, LOYA-Milk dey trek for where ma loyalty dey.. How evri evri na?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
And the Sabbath day is?
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
One of my friends does not attend church nor have any fellowship apart from me but believes he is a christian because he prays, reads the bible and believes that Jesus is Lord. But friends say he is deceived and not a christian at all, I’m confused.. can you be a christian and not go to church?
Good thing both of you is a church in the sight of God. So he is right
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And the Sabbath day is?
Ask google! angry
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by MrCork: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

...yes...if u go clubbing on Saturday...kinda tough to go church on Sunday....i lie? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by JustPOSH(f): 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
It can be possible.cuz me am not fond of going to church
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
MrCork:

...yes...if u go clubbing on Saturday...kinda tough to go church on Sunday....i lie? undecided
chai! shocked
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
na me loyal pass bros, LOYA-Milk dey trek for where ma loyalty dey.. How evri evri na?
Bros d cold na dead oh...
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
Bros d cold na dead oh...
d cold dey make me shake like wet rat wey wan cross express
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jworos(m): 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
d cold dey make me shake like wet rat wey wan cross express
Any babe wen near u at ds time go carry +1 oh!
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
jworos:
Any babe wen near u at ds time go carry +1 oh!
lol.. Me wa holy pass Joseph
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by NumberOne2(m): 1:20am On Apr 27, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

Jesus said:
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" - Matthew 18:20

Paul also said
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." - Heb:10:25

Don't misquote Paul. He was just saying IRON sharpens IRON (in bold above). So you and your friend = ASSEMBLY
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 27, 2015
NumberOne2:

Jesus said:
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" - Matthew 18:20

Paul also said
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." - Heb:10:25

Don't misquote Paul. He was just saying IRON sharpens IRON (in bold above). So you and your friend = ASSEMBLY
tanks bro.. I appreciate this

(1) (Reply)

Kenny Kore Responds To Alibaba's Question / God's Not Dead / Jesus Christ Has A GOD Above & Over Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.