Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:04 AM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104770 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Octaves(m): 1:15am On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
Now listen you deluded Ojukwu worshiper, I am not an Igbophobe, I am an Ojukwu hater.

I hate the man and NOT the whole tribe!

you can hate him for any other reason. but if you hate him for standing up for his people against genocide and other forms of injustice, then you are an animal. sorry to phrase it that way

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 27, 2015
And you actually believe what you just wrote.... grin grin grin

no Igbo beggar.... lmao... in Lagos we have them in groups of blind and lame, singing Igbo songs with their tamborines... grin grin grin

babilicious:
well you can count the rich pple from your place cos they are few but we can't count the rich igbo pple cos they are countless (everyone is rich) [size=18pt]have u ever seen an igbo beggar on the street[/size]?....only in Nnewi (just a city in Anambra state) [size=18pt]once you're a guy above 24yrs you are stinking richly[/size]...you can as Ifeanyi uba, A-z oil, Innoson,ibeto....e.t.c (the list goes on...do u want more names?)

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 27, 2015
Octaves:
I'm not insulting you. neither am I competing with you on who has more ideas. I just think you are either stoopid or misinformed or plain igbophobic for having such opinions about the war

I know by what you write that you are just another empty headed ibo who would rather insult people that debate them. You live in your own little world where you are the most powerful, most successful, most hard working, richest etc. A fools paradise in short.

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 27, 2015
Uncultured tw.at... your mother is an animal that was fvcked by Nigerian soldiers.... while your father is an armed robber grin

PS: I am not sorry to phrase it that way. I might have insulted Ojukwu but I did NOT insult you! You better select the kind of people you throw insults at on Nairaland!

Octaves:
you can hate him for any other reason. but if you hate him for standing up for his people against genocide and other forms of injustice, then you are an animal. sorry to phrase it that way

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by babilicious: 1:20am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

When you see people bragging about Tinubu and Dangote as examples of progress in their region, that is when you know the caliber of person you are exchanging words with. Can you imagine an Abia person bragging about Orji Uzor Kalu, or an Anambra man bragging about the Uba family, both multi-billionaires? Poor peoples money? It is like Brunei people bragging about the sultans wealth. Isn't that a curse onto oneself?
you can always count the few yorubas that are rich cos they are few....but in the east they are uncountable cos almost everyone is rich....is even a taboo to see a poor igbo guy at the age of 25.....why do u think we have hausa and yoruba beggars on the street but you can never see an igbo beggar....? Answer:- everyone is rich....*we ain't lucky we are simply blessed...trace our origin and u will know why*
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Octaves(m): 1:26am On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
Uncultured tw.at... your mother is an animal that was fvcked by Nigerian soldiers.... while your father is an armed robber grin

PS: I am not sorry to phrase it that way. I might have insulted Ojukwu but I did NOT insult you! You better select the kind of people you throw insults at on Nairaland!

actually I will leave you now because your madness has crossed boundary.
Bleep your mama
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Octaves(m): 1:30am On Apr 27, 2015
Aigbofa:

I know by what you write that you are just another empty headed ibo who would rather insult people that debate them. You live in your own little world where you are the most powerful, most successful, most hard working, richest etc. A fools paradise in short.
I never mentioned our success (which actually speaks for it self). that's your insecurity and jealousy dpeaking.
am not ready to debate with someone who's already biased and resentful of my tribe. I just needed to treat your madness
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by babilicious: 1:34am On Apr 27, 2015
vickerz:

how much is 400, u are happy ur girl isnt worth more than two bottles of orijin,?

ever heard of JAMES IBORI, ? MADUEKE,

THOSE THIEVES

U ARE D ONE ASLEEP,

u are not even ashamed of getting money from a yoruba woman, lazy guy, u aint smart, u are lazy
can you please name only 5 women from your place that have contributed immensely to the development of this country and I will name 5 from igbo (Ngozi konjo iwuala, oby ezekwesili, Chimamanda Ngozi, late dora Akunyile,Aruma Oteh (Stock exchange Ex boss) and the list goes on and pls don't forget the only and first woman to ever be a governor in Nigeria is from AnambrA (former gov. Of Anambra state)......soon we (igbo woman) will be president while you keep hating ...hahahah
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 27, 2015
Octaves:
I never mentioned our success (which actually speaks for it self). that's your insecurity and jealousy dpeaking.
am not ready to debate with someone who's already biased and resentful of my tribe. I just needed to treat your madness

You create resentment for yourselves. I smile whenever some of you say people are jealous of you, it is so lame.

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2015
who started the insults... flat head, go and fvck your mother...

Octaves:
actually I will leave you now because your madness has crossed boundary.
Bleep your mama

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by OKNkanu(m): 1:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Chai!!.... if to say people fit fight for nairaland... e for too make sense.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Taofiq007: 1:47am On Apr 27, 2015
You call these militant Biafra solders? They were bn brainwashed and wasted by that man! Yes that man! undecided RIP anyways!

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Octaves(m): 1:48am On Apr 27, 2015
Aigbofa:

You create resentment for yourselves. I smile whenever some of you say people are jealous of you, it is so lame.
that must be the sheepish' I'm guilty' kind of smile. be real you are an igbo hater. your people have been from time immemorial. and the only reason is our success as a people
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by babilicious: 1:48am On Apr 27, 2015
Rotimi47:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]vbyou lost over 2 million people not to talk of those unaccounted for, tell me why did Ojukwu your leader run away if you Igbo were really winning the war? The major victories you people had was as a result if a Yoruba military tactician called Banjo who lead your military against federal troops during the war & you people stated losing the war immediately you invaded a Yoruba town called Ore in ondo state, the invasion made several Yoruba's to enlist in the military on the side of the Federal government & they counter attacked your Igbo troops in Ore & killed thousands of them in battle & that was the major reason you lost the war, another reason is that Ojukwu killed Banjo. Not to forget; France & 5 other countries supported the Igbo's & supplied them with the most sophisticated weapons they have at that time, machineries were also purring into Biafra from south Africa & eastern Europe to train & fight on the Biafran side, the federal government were still shipping & transporting food, water etc to Biafra during the war till Awolowo later stopped it as the Igbo's failed to stop fighting. These are part of the reasons the Igbo lost the war & that same mistake has stated again as they are always going after the Yoruba's not knowing that the Yoruba's are waiting for them to make the same mistake they made by attacking them first & the Yoruba's will be justified to teach them another hard lesson that they may never get over. You people truncated the first democracy in Nigeria & killed Sarduna of Sokoto & Amadu Bello both Hausa men, Akintola a Yoruba man & an Edo man but failed to kill any of your people as you Igbo's told Zik & your other leaders to flee because you enjoyed killing other tribes abi! Awolowo would have been killed if not that he was in prison then.
please name the five other countries...oh ! You can't, cos you know you just lied....the amazing thing about lying is that you still know the truth and it eats you up from within....* drinking my coffee while waiting for my foreign business associate to info me that my containers of benz cars are on the way...* have you heard the heavy weight boxer "maywhether " US car dealer is an igbo man (Mr Okeke)...God bless our hustle *as usual*....hahahahahaah
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 1:51am On Apr 27, 2015
Octaves:

Animal in the Zoological Republic of Nigeria. Choi! Ewu see grass chop. Chei! Uwami e!
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 27, 2015
Octaves:
that must be the sheepish' I'm guilty' kind of smile. be real you are an igbo hater. your people have been from time immemorial. and the only reason is our success as a people

And judging by your posts you are a Yoruba lover? Is there a law that says I must like people who doesn't like me?

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Octaves(m): 2:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Aigbofa:

And judging by your posts you are a Yoruba lover? Is there a law that says I must like people who doesn't like me?
I never had a problem with any tribe till I met nairaland Yorubas and their pointless tribalism. even in real life. I don't have problem with any tribe. I wasn't responding to your yorobaness but to your comments on this thread.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Vivipop(f): 2:04am On Apr 27, 2015
teeowl:
And you actually believe what you just wrote.... grin grin grin

no Igbo beggar.... lmao... in Lagos we have them in groups of blind and lame, singing Igbo songs with their tamborines . ... grin grin grin

You can lie eh! if dem no see you for hell fire nah smoke cover you grin That said, enough of the tribal bashing. It's a new day already. No matter how much we hate ourselves, we need one another. Let's learn to respect and accommodate everyone's belief. If Igbos call Ojukwu their hero, learn to respect that... Nigeria must survive!!!

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 2:06am On Apr 27, 2015
Vivipop:

You can lie eh! if dem no see you for hell fire nah smoke cover you grin That said, enough of the tribal bashing. It's a new day already. No matter how much we hate ourselves, we need one another. Let's learn to respect and accommodate everyone's belief. If Igbos call Ojukwu their hero, learn to respect that... Nigeria must survive!!!

Need who? When and where? Are you sure you're on the right topic? Nigeria is damned.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by babilicious: 2:08am On Apr 27, 2015
vickerz:

first of all, im not hausa, im yoruba,

all those women u listed are criminals and fraudsters.. look at where okonjo iweala our economy to..
that madueke should rot in jail,
oh...beautiful...please name only 3 yoruba women that have contributed immensely to the development of Nigeria, you call Ngozi konjo- iwuala a thief but they worship (US and britain) her..why do u think she held top position in WorLd bank yet have never heard of a yoruba woman even coming close to world bank gate, with her help Nigeria was declared the best economy in Africa last year (a prophet can never be appreciated in her home)...as for Madueke...*only time will tell* (can't wait to see her vindicated)...pls add late Dora Akunyile and Aruma Oteh (ex-boss stock exchange) to my list of resourceful Igbo women...#still waiting for your list#
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 27, 2015
ezeagu:

Please, Nigeria is not a nation, it is a zoo.

Animals only lives in the zoo. Are you implying that you are an animal? No offence bro.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 2:21am On Apr 27, 2015
idnobleg:

Animals only lives in the zoo. Are you implying that you are an animal? No offence bro.

The zoo is made up of animals, zoo keepers and spectators. I just dey siddon look the Zoological Republic of Nigeria as it inevitably implodes.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by babilicious: 2:24am On Apr 27, 2015
Aigbofa:

It is a blatant lie that Biafra held Nigeria at bay for three years. Biafra was finished almost immediately, the rest was a waiting game and skirmishes that saw millions die of hunger and eventual capitulation.
please count from 6 july 1967 to 15 january 1970 (civil war)...oh!! just remembered you don't know simple mathematics cos you did go to school..how then do I expect you to know your history...!! #teameducatethemasses#
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 2:26am On Apr 27, 2015
babilicious:
please count from 6 july 1967 to 15 january 1970 (civil war)...oh!! just remembered you don't know simple mathematics cos you did go to school..how then do I expect you to know your history...!! #teameducatethemasses#

When someone does their best to discredit you, you know you're a what? Threat.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 27, 2015
FOR YOUR INFORMATION; OJUKWU NEVER DRAGGED IGBOS TO WAR.

IGBOS DRAGGED HIM IN RETALIATION FOR THE IGBO MASSACRE. OJUKWU TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO PREVENT IGBOS FROM GOING TO WAR.

HE EVEN USED RADIO BROADCASTS TO TRY TO DISSUADE IGBOS CALLING FOR WAR BY BROADCASTING THE EVIL OF WAR THROUGH OUT IGBO LAND. BUT IGBOS IN GENERAL WANTS THAT WAR AND THEY STILL WANT IT EVEN NOW(THAT'S WHY MANY ARE DYING FOR BIAFRA TILL TODAY ).

BUT IGBOS WANTED THE WAR. THEY WANTED TO FIGHT. THEY PRESSURED HIM TO SECEDE.

OJUKWU THOUGHT NIGERIA WILL LET IGBOS GO. OR ATLEAST RECONSIDER THEIR STAND ON ABURI PEACE ACCORD. THAT'S WHY BIAFRA DIDN'T PREPARE WELL BEFORE THAT WAR.

BUT ALAS NIGERIA CAME THINKING IT WAS POLICE ACTION AND IGBOS TRASHED THEM WELL.

SO THEY CALLED OUT FULL SCALE WAR.

OJUKWU HAS NOTHING TO DO, THEN THAN TO LEAD IGBOS.

OJUKWU NEVER WANTED THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE, AT ALL. THAT'S WHY IGBOS RESPECT HIM TILL TODAY..
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by babilicious: 2:34am On Apr 27, 2015
Aigbofa:

Every ibo is rich? Do you think I'm a foreigner? I am a Nigerian like you. Not all ibos are rich, and most of the people bringing containers of fake goods to Nigeria are not rich either, just getting by. I know because I'm a Nigerian like you.
something about the truth is that no matter how you fight it....it still eats the person up from within...quietly listen to that small voice from within ( your heart or conscience) telling u "but majority of the igbos are rich..infact they are exceedingly blessed..." No matter how u fight it ....the truth still stands in ur face.....hahahahahahahah#Proudlyigbo#
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 27, 2015
babilicious:
something about the truth is that no matter how you fight it....it still eats the person up from within...quietly listen to that small voice from within ( your heart or conscience) telling u "but majority of the igbos are rich..infact they are exceedingly blessed..." No matter how u fight it ....the truth still stands in ur face.....hahahahahahahah#Proudlyigbo#

Ok, Ibos are rich. Are you happy?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by MistadeRegal(m): 2:52am On Apr 27, 2015
PassingShot:
I doubt if these people holding sticks were military boys.

And if they were, they were deceived or forced into committing suicide by Ojukwu.

Do you know the History of the Nigeria/Biafra war?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by MadCow1: 2:57am On Apr 27, 2015
joeyfire:

Kid gloves my left foot. Do you know that Murtala muhammed lost almost 10,000 men massacred in three days trying to capture onitsha at the beginning of the war?

Yeah, you are right. I heard that there were a couple of flash conflicts here and there at the early stages of the war. The Onitsha one was definitely one of them. Then the Abagana Ambush which followed as a result of the failure to take Onitsha the first time. But it may interest you to also know that it was after those attack that Gen Murtala was relieved of his command and on the next onslaught, Onitsha fell in under 24 hours.. Then came the formation of the 3 Marine Commando unit and all and that began the end of the war.. From there on, Biafra was taken apart..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 27, 2015
ludamix:
Pictured are Biafra "soldiers" undergoing routine drills at a military training camp near Owerri in August 1968 during the Civil War. After the Igbos claimed to have suffered through years of suppression under Nigeria’s military government, the breakaway state of Biafra proclaimed its independence from Nigeria which led to the infamous war between Nigeria and Biafra in July 1967.

Photo Credit: AP

most of them are there against their wish. mostly child soldiers

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Billygee2u: 3:44am On Apr 27, 2015
cupid1:
All of you insulting them cos of their stature and the sticks they're carrying should stop for a moment to think. If they could hold off the Nigerian Army who had foreign help for more than two years with just sticks and a few Awka made Guns, just imagine what they could have done with real ammunition. I rep Biafra- Land Of The Rising Sun
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by dumga(m): 4:17am On Apr 27, 2015
NB:before and during events that led to the war the igbos saw the yorubas as friends and brothers,that is the reason ojukwu released awolowo from calabar prisons and the likes of wole soyinka where able to come to enugu and go as he pleases even victor banjo a yoruba man was made leader of a biafran troop, that is for you yorubas to know the level of trust and brotherly love we had for you then and it cost us greatly but be rest assured it won't happen again that i know for sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Deputy Governor In Trouble For Transferring COVID-19 Fund To A Woman's Account / Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video) / Joi John Blasts Dickson For Sitting 'Disrespectfully' With Obasanjo & Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.