Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,304 members, 7,967,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 06:37 AM

Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion (933 Views)

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari / World Bank Backs Buhari To Probe NNPC, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by siraj1402(m): 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA – Hard time may be awaiting the outgoing government of President Goodluck Jonathan over the alleged missing $20 billion from the coffers of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, NNPC.
The president-elect, General Mohammadu Buhari Sunday said he will revisit the issue.
Buhari who spoke while addressing a delegation of Adamawa State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC who paid him a congratulatory visit at his campaign headquarters in Abuja on his victory at the polls showed open resentment that the present government turned a deaf over the missing money when it was raised by the former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Sanisu Lamido Sanusi, who is now the Emir of Kano.
He regretted that the government hurried sacked the former CBN instead of investigating the missing funds.
Buhari who spoke in Hausa langauage made it clear that his administration would not condone stealing of public funds meant to provide jobs for the teeming jobless Nigerian youth.
“I heard that some people have started returning money; I will not believe it until I go and see for myself.
“Imagine a situation where the former CBN governor who by God ‘s grace would later become the  Emir of Kano raised an  issue of missing billions of money, not in Naira but in Dollars, $20 billion.
“What happened, instead of investigating to know whether it was true that the money was missing or not, they simply found a reason to remove him. So these are the issues we are talking about..

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-to-jonathan-deziani-i-will-probe-nnpc-missing-20-billion/

Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by siraj1402(m): 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hummmmmm
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by dustmalik(m): 9:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
Good one, Mr. President-elect.
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Make I siddon for here, I dey com.
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Janet101(f): 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Very good baba,remember to probe Lagos too some missing fund n abandon projects
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
That is very good. Baba remember that you must seriously audit the NNPC books and let's see who between Mallam Sanusi and Allison was truthful. Meanwhile a reputable audit firm categorically said that the "unremitted" fund wwas little over $1 billion. "Note the word unremitted and not missing".

Meanwhile, remember to probe Petroleum Development Trust Fund of which Obasanjo and Atiku were both indicted by the Senate.

Baba you should also probe Transcorp Deals perpetrated by Obasanjo and his corrupt allies.

Baba Be prepared to work with Nyesome Wike in probing Amaechi when evidence start coming.

Baba remember the Saraki case. The allegation against Fashola by True Face of Lagos. That against Sylva among others....

Baba we are wtching...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
barcanista:
. RobotNistagrin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by MrScript(m): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
2mao he'll come out 2 deny Dat he never said anyfin like dah... APC has been denying since 2012
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by bogolobango(m): 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
sai baba thank u very much they must return our $20billion

Gej from aso villa to otuoke from otuoke to kirikiri
Oil godess no go even reach her village na alagbon straight
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Bevista: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
"...even though we have promised to draw a line, but $20 billion is too big to ignore. This is Nigerian money and it must be investigated"
$20billion is equivalent to our annual budget. Whatever can be retrieved from that amount would go a long way in addressing the huge infrastructure gap in Nigeria. But most importantly Baba, people found guilty must be prosecuted.

Enough of Impunity!
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jezyfreezman:
. RobotNistagrin
if I give you upper-lower cut ehn
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by braine(m): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ahahaha... Some people are going to jail! cheesy
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by Purej: 9:41pm On Apr 26, 2015
front page please. this is what we are waiting for. $20 billion dollars is not beans
Re: Buhari To Jonathan, Deziani: I Will Probe NNPC Missing $20 Billion by thunderrider: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2015
I am eagerly waiting for the findings and actions after the probe

(1) (Reply)

INEC Has Released All Allowances For NYSC, Ad-hoc Workers – Official / Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari / APC Reaches Out To Aggrieved Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.