Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,080 members, 7,913,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? (718 Views)

Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? / I Want To Share My Story. Some People Can Not Be Loved / Help! How Do I Ask My Partner, Her Birthday Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by helinues: 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
Is it advisable to share someone's family secret with your partner?. Whether boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, or legally married partner.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by yhusiee(f): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
People are different. If this partner of yours is
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by LewisO: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
I don't know the kind of secret u are talking about.

Some people take what isn't genuine as secret, why some don't.

But to me, it isn't necessary to share family secret with your girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by ronald4lif(m): 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
What's her business with your family secrets?. Except when you're married though but even at that I won't let my family secrets out. Nah.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by DesChyko: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
I think an 'unmarried' person sharing family secrets would be a step too far, except if it is something from the family background that may affect the relationship in the long run.
Otherwise, it is better to respect the family trust, even if he/she is a lifetime partner. If the partner is a talker, it's best the secrets remained secret. It'ld be easier to handle a partner accusing one of witholding issues than family members accusing one of washing dirty linens in public.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by Makamuanwuo(m): 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
wetin concern my family concern my gf,omoh she go use am insult u in public,and 4 my wife,e depend ooo,not every secret i go tel her amaka echi.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by DahtzFestjayz: 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by braine(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
yhusiee:
People are different. If this partner of yours is

Chai!! Yhusiee wrote in full and correct English!!! The Lord is good.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by Cholls(m): 9:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
my sister you women are ocean of secret just one out of it you're able to share with a brother can fall him off a chair.
So keep it to yourself sister.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by IlorinFinest: 10:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
One thing I always tell people "a secret is a secret when only you know about it, it cease to be a secret the moment a second person knows" in the case of a family secret, let it be within your family, even your wife shouldn't be involved.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by princefunmmy(m): 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Here for just the comments
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by ireneony(f): 10:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
very bad when he is not ur husband
is better he hold ur family in high regards than looking down on them.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by TrishaP(f): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Not important, That is why it is called a secret.
Re: Is It Advisable To Share My Family Secret With My Partner? by iPrevail(m): 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Don't even think about it. Trust me, you don't wanna get "surprised".

(1) (Reply)

Quality Gadgets For Budget Price / Check This Out..... / Chai, See Oshiomhole's New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.