Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:10 PM

I Don't Know Where This Belongs! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Know Where This Belongs! (684 Views)

Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / I Don't Know Where Shekau is-Chadian President / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by OBVIOUS(m): 9:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
I don't know where this topic belongs but

I have a question and I hope that it is clear, what happens if you have a friend, whose parent has stolen a mass amount of Nigeria's wealth, will you share or spend the money with them if they are offering you items such as cars, rides on private jets, trips all over the world?

Theres a gal, that I go to school with, she's always offering all these things to me, but I feel extremely guilty and will not accept any of her offers because I know the type of family she comes from and I know as a Nigerian that its stolen wealth.

What do you guys think ?
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by BOSS7: 9:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
Reveal the name of the girl.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by OBVIOUS(m): 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
aaaah, can't do. I'm just curious as to what y'all think.

Her father is NOW a private citizen but he robbed Nigeria blind.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by BOSS7: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
Hahahaha.so what do you want us to do now beside knowing they are all thieves?
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by OBVIOUS(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
Just seeking opinions, as to what you would do if you were in this situation. take advantage of the situation or keep your morals and reject every tempting offer.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by mustafar1: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
how close are u to her? what do you twice talk about? does she know wat ur views are as regards nigeria's thiefing, big stouting and peppersouping elite? because i think if she knows, she'll have stopped offering u stuff, like a car you know her dad shouldnt have been able to afford without STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by DisGuy: 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2009
show us the picture now cheesy
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by server34(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2009
Can I meet her?
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by gadogado(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2009
this is a question only you can answer since everyone has different morals and different backgrounds and philosophy. the fact of the matter is,if you know for a fact that all the money she's using for a spending spree is illegitimate and ill gotten,then if you spend it,you are just as guilty as her family that stole the money,the money ull be using for cars etc is money that should have gone to build a hospital and because the hospital wasnt built,someone died,it is money that was meant to furnish a school and coz the wasnt done,students in some primary school sit on the floor.it is money for roads and coz the road wasnt fixed,someone jammmed a pot hole and dies.in short,it is blood money and money of agony.so do your soul searching and ask yourself if your principles are strong enough to deny evil,coz its evil thats luring u into its cage through the love and lust for worldly material things but in actual sense,that money was supposed to uplift humanity one way or the other but the sin of greed prevented that from happening.if youre ok with all that then join the spending spree,if youre not then find another friend.me i wouldnt spend blood money.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by akuya: 2:31am On Feb 03, 2009
OBVIOUS:

I don't know where this topic belongs but

I have a question and I hope that it is clear, what happens if you have a friend, whose parent has stolen a mass amount of Nigeria's wealth, will you share or spend the money with them if they are offering you items such as cars, rides on private jets, trips all over the world?

Theres a gal, that I go to school with, she's always offering all these things to me, but I feel extremely guilty and will not accept any of her offers because I know the type of family she comes from and I know as a Nigerian that its stolen wealth.

What do you guys think ?

The fact that you are asking these questions show that your moral character may not be quite sound? You tell us that this friend's parents stole (I suppose you have evidence of this) and you are asking if it is OK to help her spend the stolen money. Ill gotten wealth have never been known to get people to heaven if you are a believer.

Now answer your own question yourself.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by blacksta(m): 6:25am On Feb 03, 2009
Report her and family to the authorities
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by Muza(m): 9:01am On Feb 03, 2009
write a petition to ICPC,cos i think they are less corrupt than EFCC
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 03, 2009
oga, better chop your share of the national cake sharp sharp grin

see you complaining about the noise when opportunity is knocking. cheesy

if u are a guy you can er - chop extra - if u know what am sayin' - its all good - what some of nairalanders would call 'redistribution of wealth'  grin
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by meexteriox(m): 11:13am On Feb 03, 2009
@poster
I don't get it. Do you need lessons on keeping relationship or what?
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by sashbaby(f): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2009
frankly speaking be likesay you don start to wack the money.may be all the curse wey nairalanders don post they give you the shivers.its not too late to repent
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2009
akuya:

The fact that you are asking these questions show that your moral character may not be quite sound? You tell us that this friend's parents stole (I suppose you have evidence of this) and you are asking if it is OK to help her spend the stolen money. Ill gotten wealth have never been known to get people to heaven if you are a believer.

Now answer your own question yourself.

End of story.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by OBVIOUS(m): 1:20am On Feb 04, 2009
I think you are all missing the point. I'm sure many of you have children of politicians/national thieves in your schools abroad (London, Switzerland, America, wherever) who actively throw away  and spend Nigeria's money,  Though many of you see this, you are all quiet and don't say anything. In fact, many join the children of these thieves in flamboyant lifestyles, 

Anyways, just read between the lines. Enjoy the day.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by theopops: 1:30am On Feb 04, 2009
A friend got married to a governor's daughter and I stopped talking to his family. I told him, ole ni gbogbo yin.

Me think, we should start disgracing the kids, then maybe just maybe, their parents will think twice. Scratch that, polithieves in Nigeria, no get conscience.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by OBVIOUS(m): 1:32am On Feb 04, 2009

exactly my point!!
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by davidif: 2:36am On Feb 04, 2009
aiding and abetting is the same. if you enjoy stolen money (loot) then you are just as guilty.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2009
davidif:

aiding and abetting is the same. if you enjoy stolen money (loot) then you are just as guilty.

Seconded!

@Poster, add pictures and possibly videos to show her spending OUR money please. If you catch these people spending Nigeria's money, please forward pictures and videos so we can distribute it to as many Nigerians out there so we all see where our future continues to go.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by Lagosboy: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2009
No mind all these people wey dey say make u no chop. If dem dey ur shoe dem go marry the girl sharp sharp and like oyb redsitribute the wealth. grin hahaha

My guy marry the girl sharp sharp!!!!

Me just joking , I think its up to you really and your conscience, the girl might not be the guilty but her dad maybe she was born into wealth from the start and her father multipled the wealth when in govt.
Re: I Don't Know Where This Belongs! by lucabrasi(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2009
@post
correct me if im wrong,but im struggling to see why this requires an elaborate thread,these kind of decisions is left for you to make irrespective of what anyone thinks, and besides im sure no matter how much the girl thinks of you,she wont be running after you or begging you on a daily or hourly basis to accept money off her

(1) (Reply)

The Time Is Nigh / Ekiti Residents Protest Poor Facilities / Will You Marry A Billionaire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.