Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story (1499 Views)

Reekado Banks Flaunts His Jeep From Next Rated Awards / Reekado Banks Finally Reveals His Girlfriend / I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story by FOOTYNEWS: 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2015

Prominent Mavin singer and entertainer, Reekado Banks is currently one of the most promising artistes in the Nigerian music sector.

Reekado has worked with industry giants such as Don Jazzy, Illbliss, Tiwa Savage, Olamide, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Wale.

He explains however that his story to the top was not as smooth as some other people in the industry.
Reekado was born Solomon Ayoleyi Hanniel and hails from Ondo State.

He explains that he had to hawk blenders in traffic and work as a manual labourer at a construction site in a bid to earn some money to use for his record after he told his parents about his intention to pursue a career in music.

He said that during his university days, a lecturer had told him he would never achieve his dreams after preventing him from retaking a test he missed.

His breakthrough came during a Mavin Records audition where he was chosen out of over 5,000 hopefuls. The dreadlocked act, now popular for his ballad “Katapot”, credited this triumph to God.
In his words, “There is no amount of sacrifice that was enough to get me something this big.”

Reekado was known as spicy before signing with Mavin records.

SOURCE: http://amebohotspot..com/2015/04/i-was-once-bricklayer-reekado-banks.html
Re: I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
Eya!
Re: I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story by jayhans(m): 11:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
All dis celebrities sabi lie o..... all of dem are claiming to av had a difficult life.... even reekado go say him comot frm streets bricklayer for dat matter... abeg wetin the likes of oritsefemi wan cum talk... dem go tell us say dem don wash dead body for a living abi??

1 Like

Re: I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story by IamOpemipo(m): 8:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Y'all shld jus shut up aiidy, all dis celeb alwas formin kpako, na by force? Abi suffreness don turn sellin point?

Waitin for kiss Daniel 2 com tel us ow he used 2 b a street beggar

1 Like

Re: I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story by ThaRuthlxx7: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2015
I was his engineer. He worked on my site. Mscheeeew!!
Re: I Was Once A Bricklayer – Reekado Banks Tells Story by Yasher: 11:17am On Apr 28, 2015
But he's not yet an A-list artiste na undecided

(1) (Reply)

Kardashian's Mum, Kris Jenner Is Too Hot For A 59 Year Old Grandma!!! / SHAMEFUL ACT!!! Imagine What This Naija Babe Is Doing With Her B0*0bs / Popular Fuji Artist Alhaji Sule Alao Malaika And His Band Beats Up Funaabite.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.