Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:55 AM

What Is Really Wrong? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Really Wrong? (6916 Views)

5 Things You Should Never Do After Eating! (no.4 Is Really Dangerous For Your He / How Men Destroys Their Semen Without Even Noticing! No.6 Is Really Horrifying! / Please Help!!!! Eczema Is Really Depressing My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
KingTom:
Na him be the oga of Esan people for PDP na grin Ikimi na my boss, no be Anenih grin
grin grin

You be bad guy. How you take sabi all those people?? You sabi Ikhimi village??
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sleep paralysis. Can be a sign of health issue. Look it up if you will. Just don't self treat or self diagnose.

Twaci:
Have you ever woken up and your whole body feels like its been paralysed? You can see the person in front of you but can't move a muscle to either touch the person or call out to him/her. You are fully conscious but unable to move, talk or even blink. Its also suffocating and gut-wrenching.

Now a lot of people have come up with different explanations; some say its a spiritual attack and others say its actually a toxic gas released by a spider above the affected person. As for me, am totally confused.

So my question is; what is it really? And if its a health issue, what is it called?
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:
It's normal. It's when your brain wakes up before your body. It's the opposite of sleep walking when your body wakes before your brain. If it happens often then it becomes a form of sleep apnea. Google it you'll find a lot of medical explanations. It's not spiritual people turn to that reasoning whenever they can't understand something. Let us see if xiadnat can add some light to this for us.

Sleep paralysis. It can be associated with sleep apnea. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 4:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
grin grin

You be bad guy. How you take sabi all those people?? You sabi Ikhimi village??
Na my godfather na grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

U want to do us both? undecided

Is this a 3some invite or wah??

Yeah of course... You two start without me and I'll cum and join you guys. Kingtom keep him warm for me kiss
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

Yeah of course... You two start without me and I'll cum and join you guys. Kingtom keep him warm for me kiss
No, you guys start without me, I like it moist and wet wink grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

undecided
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
KingTom:
No, you guys start without me, I like it moist and wet wink grin

undecided
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

undecided
Ok I think its wet enough, I'm going in grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
KingTom:
Ok I think its wet enough, I'm going in grin

Kinglekan watch out he's coming in shocked
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

Chiam55 Just get ur a** here let's get down to business. undecided
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

Kinglekan, dude go for her mouth, let me reach the land of MILK and HONEY grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
KingTom:
Na my godfather na grin
I see. grin

But you sabi the village wey e from come??
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 5:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
KingTom:
Kinglekan, dude go for her mouth, let me reach the land of MILK and HONEY grin

Oya naaa!!

*grabs chiam55*

Oya position wella!! grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

Oya naaa!!

*grabs chiam55*

* their d1cks touch* shocked

GAY ALERT grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

* their d1cks touch* shocked
GAY ALERT grin
undecided
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

undecided

Kick that quack doctor out because he's trying to steal you from me lipsrsealed

*whispers 3 is a crowd* wink
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chiam55:

Kick that quack doctor out because he's trying to steal you from me lipsrsealed

*whispers 3 is a crowd* wink
grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I see. grin

But you sabi the village wey e from come??
You dey joke with me oh? My boss is from Igueben na grin grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
kinglekan:

Oya naaa!!

*grabs chiam55*

Chiam55 na Massai na, you no need tell am position grin grin grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 5:09am On Apr 29, 2015
KingTom:
Chiam55 na Massai na, you no need tell am position grin grin grin

ROTFL
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 29, 2015
kinglekan:

ROTFL
shocked
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 5:30am On Apr 29, 2015
sassychic:
shocked
Some1 has been initiated. Nightcrawler baby sup with u. wink
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by kinglekan: 5:31am On Apr 29, 2015
sassychic:
shocked
Am a very good boi dear!! Its not what u tink. wink
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by KingTom(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2015
kinglekan:

ROTFL
grin grin grin
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Emodeee: 2:01am On May 01, 2015
sassychic:

U lied to me.
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Macmilla(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2015
shikshark:
medically....your brain woke up before other parts of the body
Now, that's ridiculous.
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Macmilla(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2015
Chiam55:
It's normal. It's when your brain wakes up before your body. It's the opposite of sleep walking when your body wakes before your brain. If it happens often then it becomes a form of sleep apnea. Google it you'll find a lot of medical explanations. It's not spiritual people turn to that reasoning whenever they can't understand something. Let us see if xiadnat can add some light to this for us.

Sleep apnoea? Seriously? This comment of yours shows you have not the slightest idea on how the human body/brain works.
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Macmilla(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ That's why I said- "People fear what they don't understand"

The malaria was just an analogy ...
People tend to believe its the doing of some unseen and invincible principalities that's the cause of whatever problem they are facing and can't explain or comprehend due to ignorance and illiteracy...
If Twaci knew about the medical term Sleep Paralysis, then she wouldn't have attributed the cause of the temporal stiffness and rigormortis some people experience when they wake up from slumber to Spirituality...
I hope you assimilate the gist
Rigor mortis? Kai! Many people be forming doctors for here.
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 14, 2015
Macmilla:

Sleep apnoea? Seriously? This comment of yours shows you have not the slightest idea on how the human body/brain works.

Ok lol I never claimed to know how the brain works. What she's going through is a form of sleep apnea.... But if you have advice for her then the floor is yours.
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by Macmilla(m): 9:37pm On May 14, 2015
Chiam55:

Ok lol I never claimed to know how the brain works. What she's going through is a form of sleep apnea.... But if you have advice for her then the floor is yours.
My dear, it's not a form of sleep apnoea.
Sleep apnoea means cessation of breathing during sleep. When it occurs, it's momentary cos you should know what happens when you don't breath for a long time.
The are two sets of muscles that never rest from birth to death. They are your respiratory muscles and your cardiac muscle. You can imagine how funny it sounds when someone says your body is asleep when your brain is awake. That's like the dumbest explanation of the year.
The brain does a lot of things and we still don't understand most of them. Even asleep, your brain still does a lot of work even while resting.
The brain can be largely divided into two parts, your conscious and subconscious. The conscious takes part of the activities you actually know you are doing and the things you think about before doing. The subconscious does the opposite. You ever see a lady plaiting hair without thinking of where to put the next finger yet she creates a nice hair very fast? When you touch a very hot object, do you think of dropping it or you drop it even before thinking? That's called reflex. And it's taken care of by your subconscious (cerebellum, medulla oblongata and the reflex arc). This part of the brain does not contribute to your memory.
So why sleepwalking, your conscious brain (cerebrum) is still asleep but your subconscious is fully awake and they have a direct link to your muscles. But because your subconscious cannot think, it can only do things you have so much mastered that's why you only do the things you do a regular basis when sleepwalking.

So the opposite can explain what happens in sleep paralysis. The cerebellum and medulla, which directly control your muscles are still asleep while your cerebrum is awake. That's why you can remember.
Re: What Is Really Wrong? by sistar007(m): 5:45pm On May 19, 2015
Sleep Paralysis.

my own experience is a little off because I do hear voices when am unable to control my body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bauchi: 29 Killed As Yellow Fever Ravages Bauchi State / COVID-19 Update For March 5 2021 In Nigeria / NEOLIFE Supplements For Staphylococcus Aurus Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.