Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,138 members, 7,977,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:39 AM

APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events (35260 Views)

Plot To Impeach Buhari: APC Releases Statement / APC Releases Timetable For Edo Governorship Primaries / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by youngalex(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
This AIT issue is the first irrational decision by the President Elect,Am seeing two contending forces from 29th May..Buhari and his Northern Brothers..APC and their crew
The President Elect has shown by body language that he is independent of his party and if his party tries to compel him to act against his wish he might be tempted to decamp from their party to attain full independence..This Dog will surely bite both the owner and the stranger..Can't wait for 29th May
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by naeo: 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't see how its worse for Buhari, the man made himself cleared. Yes, President elect is a status, but we seem to be overrating the status. Most of the noise being made about the president elect are very unnecessary, obviously some people are in haste to hang the old man before his time. Many even seem to have forgotten there is still a president who is not GMB. APC has made their stand known, I never expected the party to have said otherwise.

1 Like

Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by nelandrewz(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
deletrue:
Tell us where is PTDF in this country? Buhari head abi chirmaned that agency, kill and wipe it out of existence, you are saying a different thing. Just tell us where is that agency? As for the NNPC, Buhari was the chairman. I will find the news papers carrying the corrupt records of Buhari during that time. Buhari uses his military previlages to steal NNPC that time and left unchallenged.
do well to publish ur findings, meanwhile we are talking of the present. Reason why I detest this present administration n its supporters is that u guys keep looking back for the failure of the present govt. If u fail ur children becos ur father failed u, who do ur children blame? Reason it, and let's come to reality. Am 4m Warri but I don't support impunity and cluelessness because GEJ is 4m Niger Delta.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by blazemanass21: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hahaha I said it,buhari is just d president by name but he won't act like one,tinibu and d rest will just tell him what to do
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
The president elect has always been myopic, proud, unforgiving, egoistic, rigid those are not news. what is news from this is that its showing very early the APC can not contain the excesses by the president elect. Obviously they were not aware of his decision. Trying to make a last minute cover up. President elect already showing he is untamed. To all those who feel tinubu is a political maradona let them advice him to contain the monster called buhari or he would be truly disgraced like maradona.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by oyejideogunjumo: 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
GMB should know he did come to power this time through the barrel of gun. As a President he is the father of all not only those who voted him. He should borrow thick skin from GEJ before the later bows out. It was a shaky feigning for purported agents of change.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by Hemanwel(m): 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
I have said it before and I am saying it again, most APC supporters are only doing a "follow follow" supportership.They are just supporting without any knowledge of the party's philosophy.
With this press statement by the party,I expect those supporters who were expressing their support for Buhari's ban on AIT to bury their heads in shame...It was obviously undemocratic to do that!.Even TVC (Tinubu's TV station) was guilty of same accusation and GEJ never barred its staff from covering his events..Some retard was even saying their is a difference between 'bar' and 'ban',that Buhari didn't say he banned AIT.
FYI,'bar' and 'ban' both mean "the act of prohibiting...".You only place a BAN on something (non-living thing) and BAR people (living things)...
Anyways,I am expecting to see more blind supportership from APC supporters in years to come sha!Afterall Tinubu once said that even if the video of him and Buhari stealing from the CBN is shown on TV,NIgerians (in this case,APC Supporters ) will vote them...
I am also using this medium to bring to the consciousness of APC Supporters that they have only voted an unrepentant DICTATOR cos once a dictator,always a dictator!
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by Kolade354(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
sonssyo:

hv bin observg ur comments lately, seems u ar a tribal person. turn a new leaf,dats hw to live!!!
Tribal? No we now the ethnic bigot here......Am only stating the Fact.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by ihesiuloa(m): 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Show me one Senator in APGA and I will hold my peace till finito.
If that's your yard stick of defining a dead party then I can see you are the dumped jackass head!
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by Kolade354(m): 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
ihesiuloa:

If that's your yard stick of defining a dead party then I can see you are the dumped jackass head!
Now I can see Stupidity runs in ur Blood just lyk APGA Chairman and its Members.......'Vote APGA for Senatorial seat and PDP for President'...........Dumb way of campaigning.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by deletrue: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2015
nelandrewz:
do well to publish ur findings, meanwhile we are talking of the present. Reason why I detest this present administration n its supporters is that u guys keep looking back for the failure of the present govt. If u fail ur children becos ur father failed u, who do ur children blame? Reason it, and let's come to reality. Am 4m Warri but I don't support impunity and cluelessness because GEJ is 4m Niger Delta.
Since you claim to be a Warri person, you are either an Urhobo or Itsekiri. The Urhobos are the worse thieves, most cunny and the only class of Nigerians no normal individual should ever trust. The Urhobos are the most foolish tribe who are the first class betrayers even to themselves. These are people who are ready to sell who ever, whether the same family ie the same mother, the same father, are ready to sell each other for the smallest amount of money. The Urhobos are the least Nigerians who do not even have an inch value for themselves. They are the most dubious peoples. These people introduced, corruption from Midwest to date. Talk of Moshese, the Odibos, Omokos, the Edewors so many are all theives. Most of these people deceived the early Oyibo traders, form partnership with them and later, either kill them or deceived them and convert their banks accounts, their wealths to themselves, hence most of Urhobos became rich up till today.
The Itsekiri on the other hands always feel they are superior to others in that regions. They always sideline others, especially the Izons hence there was always fighting in Delta. They are always friendly with the Yorubas who are many miles far aways from them. Today is very different. This is democracy and at such, no one tribe can rule for ever. Very shortly, the Izon man will become governor and those rubbish characteristics will be removed. In fact, the Izons are very strong that if the Itsekiris are not careful, they will suffer a great deal. Am not from Warri, Delta but I worked there for long time before I left.
Be warned that if you quote me again, I swear I will now go into proper details of these two tribes and completely empty them. I am not your mate in every aspects. Thank you.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by dayodare49o: 10:40am On Apr 29, 2015
stronger:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that all accredited media organizations in the country, including the African Independent Television (AIT), are free to cover the activities of the President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the incoming Buhari Administration will not discriminate against any media organization, irrespective of its role during the electioneering campaign leading up to the recent polls.

It however enjoined all media organizations to observe the highest level of professional standards in carrying out their duties.

”There is a Code of Ethics guiding the practice of journalism in Nigeria, and this demands every journalist to ensure a strict adherence to the highest levels of ethics and professionalism in carrying out their duties.

”There must be repercussions, within the realms of the law, for media organizations which have wantonly breached the Code of Ethics of the journalism profession and turned themselves to partisans instead of professionals. But such repercussions will not include barring any accredited media organization from covering the activities of the President-elect,” APC said.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary

All Progressives Congress (APC)
Abuja, April 28th 2015

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/28/ait-free-to-cover-buharis-activities-apc/
That is not the case. The case is northern elites don't want critics of any type. They are used to followers who dare not challenge them.

If you look at history, you will remember many journalists that were hacked to death by northern leaders. Babangida, abacha, buhari and the rest.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by nelandrewz(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2015
deletrue:
Since you claim to be a Warri person, you are either an Urhobo or Itsekiri. The Urhobos are the worse thieves, most cunny and the only class of Nigerians no normal individual should ever trust. The Urhobos are the most foolish tribe who are the first class betrayers even to themselves. These are people who are ready to sell who ever, whether the same family ie the same mother, the same father, are ready to sell each other for the smallest amount of money. The Urhobos are the least Nigerians who do not even have an inch value for themselves. They are the most dubious peoples. These people introduced, corruption from Midwest to date. Talk of Moshese, the Odibos, Omokos, the Edewors so many are all theives. Most of these people deceived the early Oyibo traders, form partnership with them and later, either kill them or deceived them and convert their banks accounts, their wealths to themselves, hence most of Urhobos became rich up till today.
The Itsekiri on the other hands always feel they are superior to others in that regions. They always sideline others, especially the Izons hence there was always fighting in Delta. They are always friendly with the Yorubas who are many miles far aways from them. Today is very different. This is democracy and at such, no one tribe can rule for ever. Very shortly, the Izon man will become governor and those rubbish characteristics will be removed. In fact, the Izons are very strong that if the Itsekiris are not careful, they will suffer a great deal. Am not from Warri, Delta but I worked there for long time before I left.
Be warned that if you quote me again, I swear I will now go into proper details of these two tribes and completely empty them. I am not your mate in every aspects. Thank you.
Unfortunately, u're not 4m d state and u were privileged to work there kudos and am not an Urhobo mind u, I hav same reservations about them as they are not realizing their mistakes of late. Back to the matter at hand, stop looking back 4 d failure of d present administration, they had all d tools to fix things but squandered our resources. Let's get it right this time.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by deletrue: 11:58am On Apr 29, 2015
nelandrewz:
Unfortunately, u're not 4m d state and u were privileged to work there kudos and am not an Urhobo mind u, I hav same reservations about them as they are not realizing their mistakes of late. Back to the matter at hand, stop looking back 4 d failure of d present administration, they had all d tools to fix things but squandered our resources. Let's get it right this time.
Is that all you have as a response? Nothing as a defence or against my post? Bye
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by deletrue: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
nelandrewz:
Is that all you have as a response? Nothing as a defence or against my post? No point waisting time. I thought you are matured so we can pin point areas about the two tribes. Bye.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by biafranqueen: 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I just checked your profile, I knew it!!!
The real Biafranqueen can't say this.
who is this person perpetrating a fraud?
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by ocelot2006(m): 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
modath:
Al jazeera had two of their journalists detained for over two weeks by the "powers that be" but none of the paid voltrons came out to condemn such act.

Its great that this brouhaha would be put to rest so we can face the real issue on ground; NNPC AUDIT, this AIT issue is an unnecessary distraction to a burning national issue..

Maybe because the Aljazeera journalists intentionally walked into a known military and combat zone without authorization from the Nigerian military, thus violating the military's instructions.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by ocelot2006(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Where was it said that Buhari personally barred the AIT crew? The security personnel were doing their job of securing the incoming first family as they have come under attack from the station before.

Once beaten, twice shy. APC and General Buhari are on point.

Is that so? So how come GEj never barred the likes of TVC and Sahara Reporters despite the numerous insults & campaign of calumny against him and his immediate family?
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by SeverusSnape(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
biafranqueen:
who is this person perpetrating a fraud?
He must be a Buhari apologist.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by biafranqueen: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:
He must be a Buhari apologist.
I guess so, these people and self esteem issues never cease to amaze me undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by biafranqueen: 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Biafranqueeen:

Is that how your father beats your mother?
Who the hell are you??

3 Likes

Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by nelandrewz(m): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
deletrue:
Is that all you have as a response? Nothing as a defence or against my post? No point waisting time. I thought you are matured so we can pin point areas about the two tribes. Bye.
Does ur meaning of defense involve argument or insult? Mehn, am too matured 4 dat. I won't waste my time on it either.
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by Biafranqueeen: 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
biafranqueen:
Who the hell are you??

Are you the only queen from Biafra

nonsense
Re: APC Releases Statement! AIT And All Media Can Cover Buhari's Events by Nigerdeltapros: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
PRESS RELEASE

NNPC AND MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM PROBE MUST START FROM 1978 TO DATE

We wish to congratulate the President election and the new ruling Party for their success in the just concluded elections
As citizens and stakeholders in the Nigeria we wish to call on the president elect and the to notify Nigerians that as Niger Deltans we will fold our arms as watch the incoming government carry out selective corruption investigations as saw during the President Obasanjo day. Obasanjo jailed our brother Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha for corruption and while ignoring other rogue governors in the North and south-west Nigeria.
We have so much respect for Buhari and his track record and wish he will do the right thing and not witch-hunt anybody especially the outgoing president who is graciously relinquishing power to him, and also congratulating him after the march 28th presidential elections.
We are watching how the fight on corruption will be carried out and if NNPC or the petroleum ministry should be investigated, we will have no trouble if the investigation will be back dated to the early days of NNPC when Buhari was minister and president respectively. Also, if president Goodluck Jonathan or the petroleum ministry are subject to investigations, it will only be justified if the past petroleum ministers and past presidents including Gen. Obasanjo and others are investigated.
The Niger Delta had been disrespected for years and in a bid to further disrespect us there are calls from the South-West press and the North to probe the first president and first female petroleum minister from the Niger Delta. This is not about whether they are guilty or nothing it’s about fairness to the people of the Niger Delta who over the years have suffered from the exploration of Oil and Gas in our region.
We will not keep quiet while there is a well-organised plan to rubbish our people while those who bastardized the oil and gas sector right from when oil was discovered in Oloibiri in 1956 are walking freely with their loots.
Finally, it will be injustice and criminal for any right thinking Nigerian to call for only the investigation of NNPC under the Goodluck administration, the cooperation have been corrupt and the current president tried his best to sanitize the NNPC by carrying out audits.
We are very interested this time around and will mobilize and educate the whole region to stand up against the injustice against our people. We will not allow any region or persons to once again rubbish us.

Long live Niger Delta region

Long live Nigeria

Barr. Bobmanuel Sokari

Coordinator
NIGER DELTA PROFESSIONALS IN THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nuhu Gidado At An Event With His Twin Girls / Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor / Why Soldiers Attacked Adamawa Police Command Headquarters – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.