Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,445 members, 7,888,390 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:34 AM

NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? (680 Views)

NNPC Audit Report Exposes Double Subsidy Payments / NNPC Audit Report: Apologise To Jonathan, Group Urges Sanusi, Others / NNPC AUDIT by PwC: Report Ready Later This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by sweetguy26: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sometimes I don't understand if we Nigerians suffer from a collective amnesia. It is common knowledge that the NNPC has always been inefficient and corrupt, even long before the advent of the administration of GEJ. Why is everybody acting like the whole problem started when GEJ became president?
The NNPC act gave the corporation arbitrary powers to spend beyond its control. This is not practiced in most advanced countries that are oil producers. Rather than call for solutions to stop the blatant corruption and inefficiency perpetuated by the NNPC, some people are calling for GEJ's head. What has GEJ got to do with it? The petroleum industry bill has been modified twice and sent to the NASS but it has always been shut down by strong interests. The bill proposes various solutions to curb the mismanagement and inefficiency in the oil and gas sector. Why aren't nigerians protesting and calling for the bill to be passed?
If Buhari's administration does not pass the bill within the next four years, I'm sorry to say that the corruption and mismanagement in the oil sector will continue, and we will continue to complain.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by Zico5(m): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2015
sweetguy26:
Sometimes I don't understand if we Nigerians suffer from a collective amnesia. It is common knowledge that the NNPC has always been inefficient and corrupt, even long before the advent of the administration of GEJ. Why is everybody acting like the whole problem started when GEJ became president?
The NNPC act gave the corporation arbitrary powers to spend beyond its control. This is not practiced in most advanced countries that are oil producers. Rather than call for solutions to stop the blatant corruption and inefficiency perpetuated by the NNPC, some people are calling for GEJ's head. What has GEJ got to do with it? The petroleum industry bill has been modified twice and sent to the NASS but it has always been shut down by strong interests. The bill proposes various solutions to curb the mismanagement and inefficiency in the oil and gas sector. Why aren't nigerians protesting and calling for the bill to be passed?
If Buhari's administration does not pass the bill within the next four years, I'm sorry to say that the corruption and mismanagement in the oil sector will continue, and we will continue to complain.
I am sure u ll see changes soon. What ur jonathan with all power of presidency cannot do, Buhari will clean it up. I know u re part of them and corruption is ur way of life. All the bad eggs will be prosecuted and things shall come to normalcy
Re: NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by PassingShot(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2015
The difference in this one is that a whistleblower revealed that a very huge sum of dollars was not remitted into FG accounts by NNPC.

The issue became more complicated by the fact that the whistleblower was sacked by GEJ.

The GEJ administration, after being forced by Nigerians, launched an audit into the allegation of missing billion dollars.

NNPC, NPDC and CBN connived to frustrate the audit but FG didn't do anything to make those parastatals cooperate with PWC even though the government had the power to ensure they cooperate.

When the report was submitted, FG failed to release it to Nigeria and fed us with lies that "only $1.48 billion was asked to be returned whereas the report says "minimum" of that amount.

Only when GMB promised Nigeria to revisit the issue when sworn in was the report ordered to be released.

And now that Nigerians are armed with the report, HEADS MUST ROLL or else GMB will lose his own credibility if he fails to do something.

Am I clear?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by socialmediaman: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2015
People now have guts to defend corruption, even IBB and the rest who participated in it didn't have this kind of guts. Nobody prevented GEJ from fighting corruption so I don't see why his supporters will be dictating to this government what and what not to do. You should remember that those who voted Buhari did because they want this probe, and he won't please you to displease them. Anyway, your GEJ has become the scapegoat and when Buhari leaves office, the new president can probe him...

sweetguy26:

1 Like

Re: NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by obailala(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2015
sweetguy26:
NNPC has always been inefficient and corrupt but the corruption and careless looting sky-rocketed to an unprecedented demonic magnitude under GEJ. For the first time in Nigeria's history, there was a constant economic boom with oil prices averaging at $100/barrel, yet this was the same time when our foreign reserves were falling uncontrollably, external debts were increasing astronomically, oil bunkering activities exploded to an average of 400,000 barrels/day ($40million/day), the Naira was devalued (in just a month of oil price drop) and the number of private jets in the country multiplied by over 1000% (even common touts are now acquiring jets).

For the first time in our history, we started hearing of looted treasuries in the rank of billions of DOLLARS (not Naira). As at 2007, OBJ paid N188bn for fuel subsidies but in 2011, GEJ coughed out N2.13Trillion on the same subsidy and yet you are asking why we are picking on Jonathan or why Jonathan's case is different from his predecessors??... All these rubbish happened not because Jonathan is a thief but rather because he was too weak and clueless on how to prevent or punish his friends (and enemies alike) whom were the perpetrators. Instead of cautioning or preventing the lootomania, GEJ kept trying to defend the glaring madness and he kept denying that nothing was wrong. I usually pitied Jonathan then because it was clear the heat of the seat of the president was too hot for him to handle but I knew Jonathan was a shameless evil man when he declared to re-contest in 2015, knowing fully well that he was incapable and incompetent; that was when I knew Jonathan himself was also as self-serving as the rest of our leaders. My bigger problem however isn't even with GEJ but rather his supporters who are ordinary suffering Nigerians who see all these things but are not even bothered at all and would rather have him kill us all because they hate the TRIBE of his opponent.

Regarding the PIB, what stopped GEJ from pushing for it?... Does a Nigeri-Delta president automatically mean PIB?... We had a Niger-Delta vice president for 3 years and a Niger-Delta president for over 5 years but still, nothing was done about the PIB. The moneys which Jonathan used to bribe chiefs and pastors all over Nigeria last month alone could have been more than enough to induce the lawmakers opposed to the PIB. Goodluck was just a personification for failure!... Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
Re: NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by baralatie(m): 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Zico5:

I am sure u ll see changes soon. What ur jonathan with all power of presidency cannot do, Buhari will clean it up. I know u re part of them and corruption is ur way of life. All the bad eggs will be prosecuted and things shall come to normalcy
nothing will happen unless the Fg is ready to pay huge sums of monies for damages!
Re: NNPC Audit: Why Is Everyone Acting Like Its Something New? by Caseless: 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
The OP is a thief!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Non-reaction To The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Hilarious! Nigerians On Twitter React To Adams Oshiomhole’s Wedding / Warning Do Not Buy Fuel In Jerrycan. My Neighbour's Engine Is Gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.