Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,403 members, 7,978,273 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:22 AM

Is It Normal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Normal? (899 Views)

Being A Strong Woman Isnt Remarkable, It's Normal - Adichie / Is It Normal For A Wife To Ignore Serving Her Husband Food / Is It Normal For A Woman To Shout At Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal? by sweetmum(f): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2009
is it right? my bf of one year want me to go to his house and kind of show myself to his parents, i feel its not just ok.he is in usa now, but before he travel we've not gone to their house before. so now he said his parent are disturbing him to bring his gf home,is it not whenever he comes back that we go together
Re: Is It Normal? by tope2000(f): 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2009
I dont see anything abnormal abt it undecided
many girls will kill for that opportunity cheesy
Re: Is It Normal? by plappville(f): 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2009
Hey, if u know u love that boy and he is asking u to visit his parents, don't wast time, do u know how many girls have lose their friend all in the name of distance?? the guy want his parent to seeu, he will have more confident if u will frequent and be friendly to his parents. There is no abnormality in this, grab ur opportunity my dear.
Re: Is It Normal? by sweetmum(f): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2009
plappville:

Hey, if u know u love that boy and he is asking u to visit his parents, don't wast time, do u know how many girls have lose their friend all in the name of distance?? the guy want his parent to seeu, he will have more confident if u will frequent and be friendly to his parents. There is no abnormality in this, grab ur opportunity my dear.
i have never been there before.so i will just go there and start introducing myself?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Is It Normal? by plappville(f): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2009
sweetmum:

i have never been there before.so i will just go there and start introducing myself?[color=#006600][/color]

Everything starts in a day, ur guy might have told his parents about u, if he is asking u to visit them then tell him to call when u will be with his parents for the first time so that he can formally introduce u on phone, this could reduce ur shyness or whatever it maybe.
Re: Is It Normal? by Ben13: 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2009
Babe,

please only for this time, try and put protocols behind you

at times it doesn't help undecided
Re: Is It Normal? by LadyDee1(f): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2009
I dont get it, What is ur problem exactly?? embarassed

Dont you want to meet them?
If his parents actually want to see you, make hast and go if your serious!! Unless ur not serious with the guy, undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Normal? by bindex(m): 3:18am On Feb 05, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Is It Normal? by Outstrip(f): 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2009
He wants his parents to check you out to see if you measure up or maybe he really loves you. It is all up to you. Do what you feel comfortable with. I personally do not like the idea but I can't tell you to do anything else. Who knows he might be your one true love
Re: Is It Normal? by spikedcylinder: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2009
It'll be quite uncomfortable for her to go and meet up with his parents without his physical presence there. Families range. . . . .
Re: Is It Normal? by temi4rea(f): 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2009
I dont get it, how in Gods name will she walk into a house and start introducing herself, as who nw?

for me its abnormal,if he really wants u to meet his parent its 2 way here,

If he cant come over and take u to them,then the parents will have to come see u,

Yes come see u,because right now u are not only important to the son but the family,

The perseption u create in them at this stage rilly matters,if u go there is like u desperate abt the whole thing even though they knw,they have been presurising thier son abt it

Am an only sister of 5boys,and abt 6 brother in-laws,so i have an idea of whts like bringing a woman home.

He has to take u home!
Re: Is It Normal? by Trulyours: 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2009
Sweetmum, protocols does not count in some many cases. Put it behind you and do what ur guy wants u to do hence he is not in town and you know you love him.

All he needs to do is to introduce you to the parents before you go there. Also he needs to give you his mum's phone no. and yours to the mum so that she can invite you and you chat with her before going.

Sefeni
Re: Is It Normal? by spikedcylinder: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2009
Exactly!

Going to his family house when he's not there (and when its the first meeting) reeks of desperation. undecided
Re: Is It Normal? by Outstrip(f): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2009
spike cylinder and temi I agree with you
Re: Is It Normal? by ifyalways(f): 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2009
Not totally a bad idea.
You said the relationship is just i yr old so i bet it was too early for him to take u to his parents b4 he left.Perharps the parents are disturbing him now hence hes asking u to go see them undecided
Re: Is It Normal? by echofamozo(m): 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2009
Being in a relationship for one year, you must have gone to his house once or is parents house. and to me it all boils down to love if you know you can spend the rest of your life with him that is you are very sure of the trust you have for him then you can go and introduce your self to his parents else my sister let him come him self and do it the right way.
Re: Is It Normal? by spikedcylinder: 10:15am On Feb 08, 2009
Bottom line : It is not normal.
Re: Is It Normal? by afiamanu(f): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2009
okayyy, i do think its not that normal, the way you worded the topic made it a bit confusin for me so I'll just say this:
if he's going to introduce you to the family then hell, you shouldn't be so 'shy' lots of girls are waiting for that opportunity
if you're introducing yourself its kinda weird and personally I wouldn't go by myself

BUT
if you've already met them, like even a little glance at the relatives then I think you should go and meet them of your own accord
Re: Is It Normal? by temi4rea(f): 9:32am On Feb 09, 2009
whts not good does not have another name!

Its not normal atall.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Lovely Pics For 2&3 Bedroom Flat In Iyana Ipaja Axis 180k/yr / The Most silly/silly Comment You Have Ever Made / Church Wedding For Pregnant Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.