Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,705 members, 7,889,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:31 AM

Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) (46549 Views)

17-Year-Old Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Picture Of Emeka Ojukwu As A Rugby Player In Epsom College / Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Kei144(m): 6:34am On Apr 29, 2015
All these Adekunle's talk any time Ojukwu is brought up; Adekunle was never at the same level as Ojukwu. You should compare Adekunle with Ojukwu's commanders, like Achuzia. As for Adekunle's performance, he began his operation OAU (Owerri, Aba, Umuahia) with 35,000 soldiers. A short time into the operation, 23,000 of the soldiers had been killed by the Biafrans. From that point onwards, Adenkunle behaved erratically, for which reason he was replaced with Obasanjo. He later attributed his erratic behavior to war fatigue. The total number of Baifran soldiers that faced Adekunle was not up to 5,000 and they were very poorly armed compared to Adekunle's soldiers; yet, they so killed Adekunle's soldiers that Adekunle became became deranged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_OAU
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Wislet(f): 7:31am On Apr 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

Nigeria cant be ruled by a coward. SO if anything start now next thing we would hear our president has fled to Abidjan

God forbid
some people think and continue to say it was cowardly of Ojukwu to have escaped after the war.

Look at it this way. You are the LEADER during a war. A war that was embarked on in the first place because the government of the day did not pay attention to the genocide of a group of people happening in the northern part of the country.

The war is over. You as the Leader know that the government would not touch any of your people, BUT you as the Leader would not go scot free- especially one who had held them off and given as much as he got in physical battle for good 3 years.

In a country like ours, it would not have come as a surprise if we heard he had been killed in prison or tortured without any avenue for dialogue.

When you know these, would you stay on ground and wait for it OR would you go to another country till things have calmed down?

He stayed in another country and came back after rife tempers had calmed down(anger is short madness, one can blindly act in moments of anger without rational thinking) and everyone had seen where they contributed to provoking a war.

War is NEVER a good thing, and may Nigeria NEVER experience that again. We MUST never pay deaf ears when people are oppressed. How can the leader of a country be told, "My people are the targets of genocide in the North" and you act like nothing is happening? Over and over you were asked to do something, but your response was slow and you preferred to take all the time in the world while people were dying every second? Which people would see that and not snap/react? ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS GOVERNMENT ACTS LIKE IT CAN'T PROTECT THEM? You would only invite people to defend themselves, and sadly that's what played out.

It was good he went away. If anything had happened to him, it might have been another story- especially when he might not have been granted dialogue.

Normally it should have been, "Nigerians are being killed in the north". But we all know this is a country with 3 major ethnic groups. Yes, we should all see ourselves as Nigerians, but what do you say when a major ethnic group decides to kill another major ethnic group without any form of provocation? And even if you were provoked, as a sane individual who is not mentally unstable, shouldn't your grievances have been brought to the table first? Why attack people just because you feel like it? Are we HUMAN/ANIMALS?

The Northern part of the country should respect the Igbos. A people capable of tolerance do not mean they are foolish.

EVERY ETHNIC GROUP MUST RESPECT THE OTHER, and THAT INCLUDES ETHNIC BIGOTRY.

NIGERIANS PLEASE DO AWAY WITH BIGOTRY. IT IS NOT GOOD. IT REDUCES US AS HUMANS.

WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS FIRST, CREATED BY GOD. We must treat one another as one.

NO HATE MONGER WILL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN, be you a Christian or muslim. You can't hate your neighbour and the next second you are praising God and acting holy. You only deceive your own self, not God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Leez(m): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2015
yibobasher2:

On counts, how many wars had the Igbo nation fought and how many wars had the yoruba nation fought in history? If you can't find concrete answer to my question, then you must be a progeny of an osu used for sacrifice.
Looooool
Ur weeping tribe make nkiru slyvanus look like an amateur when it comes to weeping
And for u to bandy the word osu around anyhow shows your lack of knowledge of igbo culture but then again you're yorubber
I expect nothing less from the tribe of chickens
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by fanex: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2015
if you are a loser now, you will still be a loser if theres biafra. work hard and align yourself with the winning team instead of wishing for the impossible.
cyprus000:
[size=15pt]lLONG LIVE MAMA LAND.

I am going to sarcrifice my last blood for her.
I will make sure,I be at the war front when it starts.

MAMA..your children have suffered marginalization,discrimination,bullying,hate from every corner of the scam called "NIGERIA".

MAMA..your children miss you and wants you back.
You have gone for so long..your children children only hear about you from afar,fantasizing on how to feel the warmt of your body when you hug them.

MAMA..please don't waste time any longer,its time those that killed your children feel your full wrath and we your children will make sure they pay for all injusties mented on our fallen brothers

THEY SAY WE ARE JOKER'S,BUT WE SHALL SOON KNOW WHO IS THE CLOWN.

#FOREVERLIVEBIAFRA
[/size]

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by cyprus000: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2015
fanex:
if you are a loser now, you will still be a loser if theres biafra. work hard and align yourself with the winning team instead of wishing for the impossible.
[size=15pt]story for the gods.

Even when jonathan was fully in power,the movement has been on.

It was never about buhari,coming to take power
[/size]
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by fanex: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2015
you Ibos said GEJ is your brother, why didn't he give biafra? this thing is a myth. your ppl that should champion biafra have more to gain without biafra. mansions in abj, villas in lagos, businesses all over Nigeria. align
cyprus000:
[size=15pt]story for the gods.

Even when jonathan was fully in power,the movement has been on.

It was never about buhari,coming to take power
[/size]

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by prodiG(m): 8:35am On Apr 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
If only people around him knew he would lead 3million of his people to death. They would have sold him into slavery as a child.
If people had known you will live to make this comment,you would have been sold into slavery.Bigot!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Macelliot(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

And so what? Even that will not make Lagos Igbo land, never. And I say that with absolute certainty.
I never said Lagos is Igboland.
I'm an Igbo guy... Lagos is a Yoruba land...
Those saying that Lagos is not a Yorubas' land are teasing you guys....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by tonychristopher: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2015
they are cute, i just love em

now can haters go and take cynaide tea, that is my specialty

Sunnybobo3:
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (Right) with his elder sister and younger brother

(Photo credits: Kiroyhistories)

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Macelliot(m): 9:12am On Apr 29, 2015
yibobasher2:

Can you see why Malo kill them like cockroaches? Claiming to be majority in another man's land. If we descend on them now they will start crying like they normally do saying they are being marginalized.
Go and say that to Tinubu...
What's the different between you and "black south African."?
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2015
stinggy:

And how did you get your 57
You know you must tell me kiss
Wharris going on here angry sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2015
PidginYarns:

How u manage get 17 shares no like?
I dunno embarassed sad
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 29, 2015
cyprus000:
gringrin
You know something I dunno? Tell me wink wink wink embarassed
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by stinggy(m): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2015
chimkaire:
Wharris going on here angry sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked shocked
Stop feigning ignorance joor, hacker undecided tongue

grin grin
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by princejayboss: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
If only people around him knew he would lead 3million of his people to death. They would have sold him into slavery as a child.

Crazy fool

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2015
stinggy:

Stop feigning ignorance joor, hacker undecided tongue

grin grin
sad
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by cyprus000: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2015
chimkaire:
You know something I dunno? Tell me wink wink wink embarassed
[size=15pt]winkwink [/size]
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=15pt]winkwink [/size]
Geek grin
*dazed*
Sumborri hit me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by cyprus000: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2015
chimkaire:
Geek grin
tongue
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by BlackTechnology: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2015
BraniacX:

Shut da fvck up you blithering yoruba eediot angry

Adekunle my fat stinking azz

That incompetent general angry

My uncle fought under him and his conclusion was your black scorpion was tactically daft, his best tactics was to throw bodies at the biafrans because he had many stewpid abokis to spare, his worst tactic was to go AWOL when the time to give the order for his battalion to engage the biafrans in battle and listen to reports of his army being decimated from a biafran whorehouse where he was having a sponsored vacation courtesy of the biafrans until an unnamed officer or two broke military protocol and turned the routing into an organised retreat. His undeserved reputation was earned through the blood, bravery and labours of men like my uncle so shut the fvck up you fvcking yoruba coward............adekunle my foot, black scorpion indeed undecided

Exactly what Alabi Isama said

A bloody Coward. angry
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2015
Datazone:

What's agada? lol
U know na wink
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2015
Davidson267:

dear are u from okene?
Nay. Am a Deltan
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2015
raumdeuter:

Stop saying wat u dont know

Rather,google Nigeria Civil War to hav more knowlegde of wat apuned or better still contact ur history teacher
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by ceejay4real(m): 11:55am On Apr 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
He always had that cowardly look

His other siblings look relaxed, He looks like he wanted to cry

Emeka, Its just a photo camera not Adekunles gun

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know you must be a Yoruba Bigot, I dunno why u Yorubas won't allow Ojukwu rest in peace? Him dey owe una?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by stinggy(m): 11:59am On Apr 29, 2015
chimkaire:
Geek grin
*dazed*
Sumborri hit me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

shocked shocked
Now se.un must hear this! angry angry
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by stinggy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
BraniacX:

Shut da fvck up you blithering yoruba eediot angry

Adekunle my fat stinking azz

That incompetent general angry

My uncle fought under him and his conclusion was your black scorpion was tactically daft, his best tactics was to throw bodies at the biafrans because he had many stewpid abokis to spare, his worst tactic was to go AWOL when the time to give the order for his battalion to engage the biafrans in battle and listen to reports of his army being decimated from a biafran whorehouse where he was having a sponsored vacation courtesy of the biafrans until an unnamed officer or two broke military protocol and turned the routing into an organised retreat. His undeserved reputation was earned through the blood, bravery and labours of men like my uncle so shut the fvck up you fvcking yoruba coward............adekunle my foot, black scorpion indeed undecided

The same line we've always heard. So we should believe your 'unbias' uncle than the books? undecided
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
stinggy:

shocked shocked
Now se.un must hear this! angry angry
Are you seeing what am saw lipsrsealed

In fact, America must hear cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by stinggy(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
chimkaire:
Are you seeing what am saw lipsrsealed

In fact, America must hear cheesy cheesy cheesy

I jus pity ds handle walahi tongue ...
Lemme know the alternate when this is banned dear embarassed

Adios sad sad tongue
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by yibobasher2: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Leez:

Looooool
Ur weeping tribe make nkiru slyvanus look like an amateur when it comes to weeping
And for u to bandy the word osu around anyhow shows your lack of knowledge of igbo culture but then again you're yorubber
I expect nothing less from the tribe of chickens

Explain the meaning of Osu to me you this son of Osu. I don't wanna have any knowledge of a culture where all men are not born equal.
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Davidson267(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
ogorkojo:

Nay. Am a Deltan
the 'agada' u mentioned means same thing here in okene,that is y i was confused
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=stinggy post=33237531]

I jus pity ds handle walahi tongue ...
Lemme know the alternate when this is banned dear embarassed

Adios sad sad tongue[/quote
Abi won ti bar e ni? Is that how things are done here? Bar Chimkaire cos she got unbeleivable "shares" she never bargained for sad
Re: Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) by BraniacX(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
stinggy:

The same line we've always heard. So we should believe your 'unbias' uncle than the books? undecided

Did I write or sound like I give a flying fvck about what or whose account you choose to believe? angry

My uncle was an officer who fought under him, was shot when his general went AWOL and he was unable to fight to defend himself despite being armed for lack of an affirmative directive from his superiors, was dragged bleeding and semi-concious through miles of jungle by his retreating subordinates and woke up in a military hospital and you expect me to take some books account over his word of mouth abi? Believe what you must, I don't care..........black scorpion indeed

And besides, what reason would my uncle have to be biased? Survivors guilt? Please undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Things To Know About Supreme Court Judgement On Naira Swap / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! / The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.