Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,655 members, 7,889,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) (1063 Views)

Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos / My Horrible Experience With Pickpocket Last Night / Unbelievable: Nigerian Police Sharing The Loot After Robbing A Bank(must‬ WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by boluyongp(m): 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
On Friday 24th April 2015, my wife began to complain she was not feeling toowell. There was a prior complain which we overlooked because she felt better. Thistime we could not overlook it so it was time to go to the hospital.

I had no cash on me so I resorted to using the ATM. It was at this time Irealized my GT Bank’s ATM was nowhere to be found. After searching franticallyfor some minutes, it occurred to be there is a way to cash out from the ATMeven if you do not have an ATM card.

Withthat in mind, I logged on to the internet banking platform of the GT Bank usingtheir mobile application on the windows phone. I transferred an amount of moneyto my mobile money wallet around 1pm. The money was immediately deducted. I waswaiting to see the credit in my mobile money account so that I can cash outfrom the ATM and take my wife who at this time had become so uncomfortable tothe hospital.

That money never dropped in my mobile money wallet of the GT bank. After a few minuteswith no action from GT’s end – expected auto reversal – I called their contactcentre on 08039003900. The lady, Ada, who answered the call after a long waitsaid I would have to wait for 24 hours. I told her what the issue at hand wasand that I could not wait 24 hours. She claimed she was going to send a mail tothe unit involved and they would act on it. I persisted to see if anythingcould be done quickly but she obviously would not do anything so I hung up.

Later that Friday I called again and the same story went on. Okay, 24 hours will soonbe here so I stopped calling and I waited. Nothing happened throughout theweekend despite being told the auto reversal will happen in 24 hours.

I resumed calling on Monday 27th April 2015. At first I was takenthrough the now very annoying ‘security questions’ and later told a reversalwill happen in 24 hours. I was furious. How can you tell me on Monday morningthat a reversal will take place in 24 hours for something that happened on Friday?That was the same thing Ada and the other lady said on Friday!

Immediately I started raising my voice on the phone, the young man at the other end thensaid it was not just 24 hours but it is 24 working hours. This deceit showsthat Guarantee Trust bank has been training cunning men to handle theircustomer service. Why was I just told 24 hours on Friday and on Monday anothercustomer service agent said it is 24 working hours? I ended up three times onMonday 27th April 2015.

On the last called, I spoke with Daniel and when Daniel could not handle meanymore, he requested to put me on hold. I guess he thought I was going to runout of airtime. Trust me, my phone was fully loaded and I could stay on theline for another 1 hour. After about 10 unusual minutes of putting me on hold,it wasn’t Daniel who returned to the phone. This time it was Collins. Collinsstarted all the gibberish they were taught in customer service again. He saw Iwasn’t going to end the call so he started begging me to end the call so hecould talk to some people and see what can be done. He also promised to call meback before 8pm on the night of Monday 27th April. After a while Ihung up and waited for his call.

Collins called back with the number 08029002900 before 8pm as he promised but there wasno good news. All he had to say was that it was a system glitch and thereversal will take place in 24 hours – now a national anthem of theirresponsible bank. That was how we ended Monday.
Atabout 3:30pm on Tuesday after my day’s major work, there was still no messagedfrom GT bank showing they had repented. So I called again and all the storystarted all over.

As I write this, it’s 9:15 am on Wednesday 29th April 2015 and nothing has happned.While the call was going on, I decided to try their Social Media customerservices and sent tons on tweets in which @gtbank was mentioned.

After a while I got a message asking me to follow @gtbank_help and that they would follow me back so they could take my personal details via Direct Message on twitter. I did that within a short while. Once I confirmed they were nowfollowing me on @foladaniel I sent all the needed details. It took more than 24hours for anyone to respond to the messages I sent. At this time I was onlyasked to provide account details. As I speak, I have not gotten any responsefrom twitter. i have also sent a message to them on their Facebook page and filled a customer complaint form on the site - www.gtbank.com

How can the same GT Bank that I so much bragged about to friends and encouraged associatesto patronize be this insensitive, callous, deceitful, nonchalant and suddenlybecome a maradona to her customer? That’s apart from the fact that you get tonsof text messages for the same transaction and are charged for each message!

I am hoping that this message will get to the right people. Be informed that I havetried hard enough to not write this piece but their bunch of incompetent handswill not contain my outburst. If there is no word from GT Bank today and thereis no reversal, the next line of action will be decided.
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by CountDracula(m): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
These things happen...
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by ZACHIE: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
pele.
I share exactly the same experience.
Not a wimp of difference.
It eventually reversed after I went to the bank and threatened to write a formal complaint.
Then, someone called someone who spoke with someone and the reversal was done.

I have a fresh one pending not at a POS.
I dey laugh them now.

They sent me several mails and SMS yesterday acknowledging the complaints and promising to get it reversed.

I am waiting is my name.
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sorry Dear... God will come to your aid...
**Mods please do the needful.. this needs to be on the FP..
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by Mautonmentos(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
Get your Lawyer to write them asap, thank me later.
boluyongp:
On Friday 24th April 2015, my wife began to complain she was not feeling toowell. There was a prior complain which we overlooked because she felt better. Thistime we could not overlook it so it was time to go to the hospital.

I had no cash on me so I resorted to using the ATM. It was at this time Irealized my GT Bank’s ATM was nowhere to be found. After searching franticallyfor some minutes, it occurred to be there is a way to cash out from the ATMeven if you do not have an ATM card.

Withthat in mind, I logged on to the internet banking platform of the GT Bank usingtheir mobile application on the windows phone. I transferred an amount of moneyto my mobile money wallet around 1pm. The money was immediately deducted. I waswaiting to see the credit in my mobile money account so that I can cash outfrom the ATM and take my wife who at this time had become so uncomfortable tothe hospital.

That money never dropped in my mobile money wallet of the GT bank. After a few minuteswith no action from GT’s end – expected auto reversal – I called their contactcentre on 08039003900. The lady, Ada, who answered the call after a long waitsaid I would have to wait for 24 hours. I told her what the issue at hand wasand that I could not wait 24 hours. She claimed she was going to send a mail tothe unit involved and they would act on it. I persisted to see if anythingcould be done quickly but she obviously would not do anything so I hung up.

Later that Friday I called again and the same story went on. Okay, 24 hours will soonbe here so I stopped calling and I waited. Nothing happened throughout theweekend despite being told the auto reversal will happen in 24 hours.

I resumed calling on Monday 27th April 2015. At first I was takenthrough the now very annoying ‘security questions’ and later told a reversalwill happen in 24 hours. I was furious. How can you tell me on Monday morningthat a reversal will take place in 24 hours for something that happened on Friday?That was the same thing Ada and the other lady said on Friday!

Immediately I started raising my voice on the phone, the young man at the other end thensaid it was not just 24 hours but it is 24 working hours. This deceit showsthat Guarantee Trust bank has been training cunning men to handle theircustomer service. Why was I just told 24 hours on Friday and on Monday anothercustomer service agent said it is 24 working hours? I ended up three times onMonday 27th April 2015.

On the last called, I spoke with Daniel and when Daniel could not handle meanymore, he requested to put me on hold. I guess he thought I was going to runout of airtime. Trust me, my phone was fully loaded and I could stay on theline for another 1 hour. After about 10 unusual minutes of putting me on hold,it wasn’t Daniel who returned to the phone. This time it was Collins. Collinsstarted all the gibberish they were taught in customer service again. He saw Iwasn’t going to end the call so he started begging me to end the call so hecould talk to some people and see what can be done. He also promised to call meback before 8pm on the night of Monday 27th April. After a while Ihung up and waited for his call.

Collins called back with the number 08029002900 before 8pm as he promised but there wasno good news. All he had to say was that it was a system glitch and thereversal will take place in 24 hours – now a national anthem of theirresponsible bank. That was how we ended Monday.
Atabout 3:30pm on Tuesday after my day’s major work, there was still no messagedfrom GT bank showing they had repented. So I called again and all the storystarted all over.

As I write this, it’s 9:15 am on Wednesday 29th April 2015 and nothing has happned.While the call was going on, I decided to try their Social Media customerservices and sent tons on tweets in which @gtbank was mentioned.

After a while I got a message asking me to follow @gtbank_help and that they would follow me back so they could take my personal details via Direct Message on twitter. I did that within a short while. Once I confirmed they were nowfollowing me on @foladaniel I sent all the needed details. It took more than 24hours for anyone to respond to the messages I sent. At this time I was onlyasked to provide account details. As I speak, I have not gotten any responsefrom twitter. i have also sent a message to them on their Facebook page and filled a customer complaint form on the site - www.gtbank.com

How can the same GT Bank that I so much bragged about to friends and encouraged associatesto patronize be this insensitive, callous, deceitful, nonchalant and suddenlybecome a maradona to her customer? That’s apart from the fact that you get tonsof text messages for the same transaction and are charged for each message!

I am hoping that this message will get to the right people. Be informed that I havetried hard enough to not write this piece but their bunch of incompetent handswill not contain my outburst. If there is no word from GT Bank today and thereis no reversal, the next line of action will be decided.
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by CHM11: 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
If you truly need that money, you will have a walk in where you will raise your voice and make your grievances known.

Sometimes we don't have to play it all gentlemanly, Nigerians who aren't even up to your standard will treat you like sh1t cos you are a gentleman
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
Please sir, who teach you summary in school? Just kidding tho.. GTBank is the slowest of all when it comes to rendering of service.
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by jacabi(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sorry bro! how is madam?

1 Like

Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by Gboliwe: 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Their customer service is declining these days but I also think you are being impatient.

I hope it gets sorted out though. The day I had a dispense error in one state while travelling to another state was the day I knew to have two different bank accounts with some money stashed in both.
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by yomi007k(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
Oga, u get credit....

Do things d old fashioned way,
-carry bike go bank.
-withdraw over d counter.
-Rake for dem motherF***kers
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by Basildvalour(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
Guy burst in that bank and pull the building down and let's see if they wouldn't do anything about it there and then

Stop taking it gentle, storm that bank and let your voice be heard
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by ifyalways(f): 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
It would surely be rectifiied and reversed BUT don't ask me when. cheesy

Pele. Patience.
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by scarplanet(m): 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
1. I hope your wife is okay now. You didn't tell us if u later withdrew money in the bank on Monday to take her to the hospital or whether she automatically became well over the weekend.

2. GTBANK is as useless as cold shit. I had to transfer 95% of my money to Diamond bank after i had thesame experience with the bank. Infact I stopped trusting the bank anymore. It took them almost a week to refund back my money.

3. After waiting a long time for the refund, this is what I did and I think you should do the same: First send them an email to the customer care (gtconnect@gtbank.com) and threaten legal action. You should also go to a closeby gtbank, talk to the customer care agent or request to see the Manager. Tell them your ordeal and also threaten legal action. It worked in my case and the money was returned in less than 12hours; it could work for you also.

Gtbank has lost its savour and taste!
Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by boluyongp(m): 1:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Thanks guys, it has been reversed after much rant on all forms of social media available I can think of. I thank you all well-meaning Nigerians for your support and advice, I'm also glad my madam is ok now, I thank you all.

1 Like

Re: My Hurtful Experience With Guarantee Trust Bank (Must Read) by ray48: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
I am really surprised dat GTB can be enmeshed in an issue like this. This means that all these banks are the same whenever there are issues with them.

(1) (Reply)

Police "Stop And Search", Know These: / 7 Psychological Principles Of Scams: Protect Yourself By Learning The Techniques / Breaking News: Paris Attack Mastermind Now Dead (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.