Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,188 members, 7,907,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... (15836 Views)

Ankio Briggs Visits Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) / Boko Haram Reacts To Trump's Victory, Says 'war Has Just Begun' / North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Chiaka(f): 11:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Billyonaire:
Well, a bias constitution only needs ammendment, and that is the reason that each state have representatives in the Legislative houses, we should make sure they do their jobs. I think we channel all of our energies into criticizing the President while ignoring the State government and our Parliamentarians. This should change.

Regarding the civil war, I think it was ill-conceived. That war, was not necessary at that time. The SS/SE was not under threat, the SE/SS people were actively involved in governance as soldiers, so it was a vendetta of some sort, and we paid gravely for it. Today, we are happy that it happened because we are now a feared people, we have risen from the ashes of defeat and have conquered local economies of Nigeria in all of the regions. The fighting spirit of the SS/SE people knows no limitation as individuals but as a group, we are totally dysfunctional. This is where the SW and North derive their strength.

Its to build our weaknesses and continue to strive on our strength. Though nowadays am seeing more common goals & cooperation than we used to have. We should keep it up
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by QuotaSystem: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Shut up

Historical illiterate

The ND region has never being poor right from precolonial Nigeria

Nana

Jaja

Are those names familiar grin

Keep quiet.

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by BlackTechnology: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2015
eCollynzo:
Your grand father is a useless liar, I spit on his grave. How could cocoa money have been shared among the various regions in Nigeria when other regions were producing their rubber and palm oil which made Nigeria the highest exporter of those products at that time?
Shame on you and your lying grand father. No one benefitted from your cocoa money.

God bless you

That guy na amala graduate angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:34am On Apr 30, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Ab0ki the sooner you realize that Nigeria as a nation is not sarcosant and just to both the ND and SE the better for you.

God did not create Nigeria on the 7th day of creation and so being a man made fraud it can be easily taken down by the collective will of those who do not see any reason to remain with you.

Your threats are empty and whatever aggression you bring will be repayed in double!

Now begin your weaning process

Nigeria was created by the colonial masters in 1914 and amalgamation has never been our problem. All Nigerians must work together to ensure sustainable development in the country and dividing the country doesn't solve any problem. You have to understand that you can not speak for the millions of Niger-Deltans and Easterners who have worked hard to ensure this country remains one. You'll be surprised when millions of your people will vote to remain in Nigeria. Anyway I know you have been singing this song since 1960 and nothing has changed so you are free to keep singing
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Goke7: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2015
OneNaira6:

Why do you want to be in the same ccountry with ppl that don't want to be in the same country with you? That's one thing I don't get about you hausa and yoruba. Why do you guys keep insisting of this "one nigeria". Na by force to share a nation?
The country is not working, we all can see it's not working. We don't like eachother, we keep killing eachother and now ppl want out yet you ppl keep trying to force a one nation. Wtf?

We actually love each other [don't you see how we celebrate together when our national soccer teams score goals?] Our politicians and the elites are the ones lying to us that we do not love each other but do you know they do business togther irrespective of where they come from?

or don't you see how they've all been going to Buhari to congratulate him including those who said He was too old to rule Nigeria?

My brother, we 've all been scammed by our greedy leaders

2 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by BlackTechnology: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Keep quiet.

You are an economic ignoramus

Go back and read the precolonial history of Nigeria

Nana Jaja etc were far richer than your worthless Oyo empire and wretched Fulani empire.

The wealth of these few people can feed SW for a century angry

7 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2015
eCollynzo:
Your grand father is a useless liar, I spit on his grave. How could cocoa money have been shared among the various regions in Nigeria when other regions were producing their rubber and palm oil which made Nigeria the highest exporter of those products at that time?
Shame on you and your lying grand father. No one benefitted from your cocoa money.

look you this shameless osu, I don't have time for your tomfoolery. Believe whatever nonsense your lying village uncles tell you in your village squares, you cup of tea. Cocoa was the number export commodity before oil was discovered, you can go and die for all I care.
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by eCollynzo: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2015
kastonkastrol:

look you this shameless osu, I don't have time for your tomfoolery. Believe whatever nonsense your lying village uncles tell you in your village squares, you cup of tea. Cocoa was the number export commodity before oil was discovered, you can go and die for all I care.
Proof to us that your dirty cocoa money was spent anywhere outside your brown roof kingdom.

6 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by QuotaSystem: 11:44am On Apr 30, 2015
Rose2014:

And the leaders before him were not corrupt right?

So what's your point? A corrupt president should not be rejected because the president before him was corrupt?
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Fool

The mainstay of pre colonial and colonial trade was palm oil which back then was used in oil lamps in europe

The advent of universal electricity made palm oil obsolete for lightning

The first port in Nigeria is the Calabar port and was where oil palm accross the Delta was shipped. Google oil river .

Cocoa was introduced from South america afterwards in the early 20th century

Cocoa farming only bennefitted the British and not the peasant farmers.

The model was later adopted and continued by the western region.

In 1968 the Agbekoya Parapo riots swept the SW which was a protest by cocoa peasant farmers demonstrating against the low pricing of their produce by the SW produce board

Your grandfather was a 20th century slave to Awolowo and that is what awaits you with Tinubu once we pull out

kastonkastrol:
you crazy. Why are you trying to reverse history when everyone knows how cocoa sustained the nation in the 50s? My grandfather was a cocoa farmer in the 50s and I have first hand info about how cocoa money was shared between the various regions in Nigeria before the black oil was discovered. So stop saying rubbish mister man.

The attache by force is your people who are trying to get the niger/deltans in your biafra struggle by fire by force when is obvious the niger/deltans don't really want to associate with you that much.

7 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2015
As I said you can keep the name and if I may suggest ; add another 'g' to nigeria to have your Nigger Nation

AhmedMustapha:

Nigeria was created by the colonial masters in 1914 and amalgamation has never been our problem. All Nigerians must work together to ensure sustainable development in the country and dividing the country doesn't solve any problem. You have to understand that you can not speak for the millions of Niger-Deltans and Easterners who have worked hard to ensure this country remains one. You'll be surprised when millions of your people will vote to remain in Nigeria. Anyway I know you have been singing this song since 1960 and nothing has changed so you are free to keep singing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by TDcute1: 11:59am On Apr 30, 2015
Diz is ma 1st comment on a tribal bashin trend,in as much as i hate seein diz insultz thrown at eachoda,we really nid 2 watch our wordz n nt cause anymore hatez amongst us,. . . . . . .
ah knw ah wil b insulted by sum individualz. . . .letz get diz straight, m a yoruba boi. . .n i got close palz dat re hausa n igbo n dey re really cul. . .diz ethnic bashin wunt get us anywhere. . . . .every region nidz eachoda, frm d northern foodcropz to d southern cashcrop.. . .dere z a reason we were amagalmated,even if d whitez had a hidden agenda. God brought us 2geda, 54yrs n countin. . .we re stil here,wit every negative word spoken to us n about us. . . We stil standin, we suld shun diz internet war n face reality 2geda as a nation. . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2015
Okay when are you guys pulling out?grin
RevDesmondJuju:
As I said you can keep the name and if I may suggest ; add another 'g' to nigeria to have your Nigger Nation
[color=#000000]
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by GiantParrot(m): 12:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
kastonkastrol:
am not disputing the fact that shell-bp were responsible for discovering the oil, but the fact you hypocrites don't want everybody to know is the involvement of the nigerian government and the role it plays in supporting shell-bp with the cocoa and groundnut money in discovering the oil. What was our two major exports before oil was discovered? Was it not cocoa and groundnut? Your palmoil/rubber didn't even come third because cotton was generating more money than rubber/palmoil. A foreign company can't just come into a country to dig whatever mineral they want without the knowledge and support of the said country. Cocoa money was used to discover the oil you people are crying about. Go and ask any person and you will still get the same answer.

Btw stop listening to the lies your uncles tell you in your village squares

You one very stubborn liar. I've been noticing a lot of your likes who keep telling terrible lies about the history of Nigeria's petroleum industry. Hopefully the link below will keep you liars silent going forward: http://www.mondaq.com/x/10726/Legal+Framework+Of+The+Nigerian+Petroleum+Industry

For those lazy to follow the link, here is an excerpt: [ In the 1960s, government interest in the oil industry was limited to the collection of taxes, royalties and lease rental]

Also see this: http://www.beg.utexas.edu/energyecon/new-era/case_studies/Nigerian_National_Petroleum_Company.pdf

Now I challenge you and your kind to provide one shred of evidence supporting those claims you love to make.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
chacoonder:
Can she really withstand the heat of war?...All these SS & SE people, they'll never stop using their mouth to cause commotion.

Buhari should do all he can to carry along the Eastern bloc in his Government, this will go a long way to cool things down.
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by ifyan(m): 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
mazeltov:
yes we knew
You made a big mistake.

You know............
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Goke7: 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Buhari should do all he can to carry along the Eastern bloc in his Government, this will go a long way to cool things down.

Buhari is already doing that just that some people are still mulling over their loss on March 28, while the wiser ones have moved on to cooperate and work with the General
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by AgreatMan: 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
the SE/SS hv a right to go their way but violence will only lead to another defeat. if anybody thinks that d incoming administration will allow any region dat givea it 90% of it's revenue to secede, tell that fellow to wake up n wash his face with water. this region produced a president 4 6yrs n even yaradua(may his soul RIP) in his 2yrs did more for that region, I was moved when I saw Niger Delta emissaries reeling out sm kind words at his funeral. your problem is not one nigeria, ur problem is management.

what briggs is doing is at best, d foundation work of a process that at best will only come to fruition in d next 100years. But my guess is, it ain't gonna happen at least not when everyone feels dis secession talk is tired to Gej's defeat. Gej still has a month in office, if u truly want to secede, ur man in abuja can still make it happen except of course, if ur leaders do not share in ur dreams.

1 Like

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
frainc:
HE?
This really shows that many people are just posting b'cos they want to post

Buddy, this fellow is a "she" not 'he'

Thank you
dude, I am talking abt Jonathan, ok?
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by zendy: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Goke7:
The solution to our problems in Nigeria irrespective of whatever part of the country we come from is GOOD GOVERNANCE. That is what the average Nigerian wants, it is few unscrupulous politicians and elites who are very comfortable like Ankio Briggs that keeps fanning the embers of tribal hatred and division of Nigeria.

Let's get down to the slums of Niger Delta and ask them what they really want, they will tell you they want good roads, good drnking water and all basic amenities that makes life easier, they will never say that they want another country. It is our fraudulent politicians and elites that goes to town to tell the average Nigerian how a particular person or tribe hates them.

If you go the market to buy pepper, will the pepper seller ask you where you come from before he or she will sell or will you begin to ask which pepper seller is from Niger Delta before you patronise him or her.

Let's get wiser as Nigerians and stop falling for the sweet coated mouths like Ankio Briggs and others who are already made [does Ankio Briggs in that video look like someone who is suffering or have no money?] They don't really love their people like we think or who would imagine that likes of Yinka Odumakin and his wife will fall under the anointing of Jonathan's dollars after displaying their so called passion for Nigerians.

My Friends and brothers from the Niger Delta, all you need is GOOD GOVERNANCE and you will be fine, if only your Governors and Local Chairmen can be more accountable with all the money they get from Abuja, you will be fine, don't fall for their lies when they tell you that other Nigerians hate you and pocket all the money meant to develop your region.

GOB BELSS MY BELOVED NIGERIA

You can't have good Governance in Nigeria. That's like looking for water in the middle of the Sahara desert. Every president of Nigeria has failed same as Buhari will fail because the system of government we are running is bad. The unitary system is a terrible thing. Only a dreamer will think that Buhari can police 36 state Governors who enjoy immunity and 774 Local Gov chairmen who are near untouchable. It's not even Buharis job to provide water and electricity. The only thing that can work in Nigeria is a regional form of government or a confederation.The six geopolitical zones should be the federating units. We don't need States or governors in Nigeria,what we need are the Local governments,they are closest to the common man and they are the ones that should be building roads and providing water in their host communities. we should have a ceremonial president who can be head of parliament and commander of the armed forces and a prime minister who is head of government ment. The regions should keep at least 50% of whatever accrues in that region and the other goes to the federal government. Each region will have its own premier and constitution. This is the only way to run Nigeria fairly and equitably. The regions should develop at their own pace instead of everyone waiting for Niger Delta oil money which will be stolen by politicians anyway. But the North will never agree to a regional government because of oil. Nigeria is a disaster and the sooner we disintegrate and go our different ways, the better for everyone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by IGBOSON1: 1:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Caseless:
quit that illusion, kid! You think those your brothers who were executed in indonesia were identified as igbo? You can't leave this country with your igbo passport(which does not exist), but with Nigerian passport to go and commit crime. You people have done more damage to the image of Nigeria than any other tribe. You claim not to be a Nigerian, but your people are in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria. You don't even enjoy the peace of mind you enjoy in other parts of Nigeria in your own region.

^^^Shut up idiat!

I suppose it's only Igbo names you noticed among the 4 Nigerians mentioned!? You accuse Igbos of 'leaving the country to go and commit crime' and go on to posit that Igbos have 'damaged the image of Nigeria more than any other tribe'! Anyone reading this rubbish can only conclude it the drug-addled rants of a hateful bigot!

Igbos enjoy peace of mind in parts of Nigeria more than they do in their region you say? You talking of parts where they're in danger of being haunted down and rounded up like Nazi hounded jews and then deported?....All this in your fuc/king 'one Nigeria' that's supposed to have a working constitution that purports to guarantee certain inalienable freedoms and rights to all its citizens! You talking of parts where they're in danger of being herded into the lagoon at short notice unless they vote for the local chiefs preferred candidate? You talking of parts where they can't run for elections at any level they choose (as the constitution allows) without murmurings and threats from those who feel they're the son-of-the-soil and therefor covet all elective offices for their ethnic group alone? You talking of parts where they've slaughtered in their thousands since the past 5 decades (all for being Igbo or Christian) and with no assurances of the bloodletting ever coming to an end? It looks like you engage your mouth long before your brain starts functioning!

Remind me of your ethnicity again, let's see how you stack up on the morality stakes!

5 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Curlieweed: 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
kastonkastrol:
even America was poor at a certain time before it eventually became what it is today... So I don't get your drift. I say again, An inch of Nigeria territory can't be negotiated. From north to west, east to south all belongs to the nigerian people.

You need to be consistent here. Every evidence points to the fact that the there are no "Nigerian people". What you have are not Nigerians but Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas, Egbiras, Izons, Ibibios ...etc.

Based on your past arguments about Lagos being in Yorubaland, Nigeria is even a virtual country and the actual countries are Hausaland, Kanuriland, Izonland, Efikland, Nupeland, Jukunland, Tivland ... Etc. You can't have it both ways. That would be hypocrisy.

Let's do the honourable thing and free ourselves from this colonial prison camp.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by IGBOSON1: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
GiantParrot:

You one very stubborn liar. I've been noticing a lot of your likes who keep telling terrible lies about the history of Nigeria's petroleum industry. Hopefully the link below will keep you liars silent going forward: http://www.mondaq.com/x/10726/Legal+Framework+Of+The+Nigerian+Petroleum+Industry

For those lazy to follow the link, here is an excerpt: [ In the 1960s, government interest in the oil industry was limited to the collection of taxes, royalties and lease rental]

Also see this: http://www.beg.utexas.edu/energyecon/new-era/case_studies/Nigerian_National_Petroleum_Company.pdf

Now I challenge you and your kind to provide one shred of evidence supporting those claims you love to make.
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Keep quiet.
Shatap!

Taqiyya lying almajiri

Exploration for crude petroleum oil in Nigeria first began in 1908. However, serious and sustained efforts did not happen until Shell Darcy Petroleum Company commenced operations in 1935. It took this company more than 20 years to discover petroleum crude oil in commercial quantities in Oloibiri in 1956.

Before 1965, all the international petroleum marketing companies in Nigeria imported their stocks independently from their own refineries located abroad. As the local demand grew for these products, and following the local availability of crude oil by pipeline, establishment of a refinery in Nigeria became commercially viable..  Two oil marketing companies in Nigeria , Shell and British Petroleum, BP, formed a 50/50 joint venture refining company in Nigeria , the Nigerian Petroleum Refining (NPRC) in 1960.

The NPRC built a 38,000b/d petroleum refinery at Alesa-Eleme, near Port Harcourt to refine local crude oil into five petroleum fuel products. Construction of the refinery commenced in 1963 and production started two years later, in 1965.

Crude oil processed in the NPRC refinery was a portion of the production destined for export through Shell-BP’s Bonny Island export terminal. By a special contract agreement among all the five major products marketing companies, they procured crude oil from Shell-BP..  The crude oil was transported by pipeline to the NPRC Refinery for processing based on the quantity processed, at an agreed unit price per ton of crude oil.

The major marketers also, at their own cost, arranged the timely evacuation of the products from the refinery, mostly by the sea to Lagos and the remaining by road tankers..  The refinery was de-bottlenecked in 1973, in order to increase its crude oil processing capacity from 38,000b/d to 60,000b/d. The domestic demand for petroleum products which steadily increased was satisfied by the NPRC refinery for about 8 to 10 years.

In 1970, the Federal Government acting as a member of OPEC compulsorily acquired and paid for an equity share of 60 percent in all private international companies working in the Upstream and Downstream sectors of the Petroleum Industry in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by QuotaSystem: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

[s]Shatap!

Taqiyya lying almajiri

Exploration for crude petroleum oil in Nigeria first began in 1908. However, serious and sustained efforts did not happen until Shell Darcy Petroleum Company commenced operations in 1935. It took this company more than 20 years to discover petroleum crude oil in commercial quantities in Oloibiri in 1956.

Before 1965, all the international petroleum marketing companies in Nigeria imported their stocks independently from their own refineries located abroad. As the local demand grew for these products, and following the local availability of crude oil by pipeline, establishment of a refinery in Nigeria became commercially viable..  Two oil marketing companies in Nigeria , Shell and British Petroleum, BP, formed a 50/50 joint venture refining company in Nigeria , the Nigerian Petroleum Refining (NPRC) in 1960.

The NPRC built a 38,000b/d petroleum refinery at Alesa-Eleme, near Port Harcourt to refine local crude oil into five petroleum fuel products. Construction of the refinery commenced in 1963 and production started two years later, in 1965.

Crude oil processed in the NPRC refinery was a portion of the production destined for export through Shell-BP’s Bonny Island export terminal. By a special contract agreement among all the five major products marketing companies, they procured crude oil from Shell-BP..  The crude oil was transported by pipeline to the NPRC Refinery for processing based on the quantity processed, at an agreed unit price per ton of crude oil.

The major marketers also, at their own cost, arranged the timely evacuation of the products from the refinery, mostly by the sea to Lagos and the remaining by road tankers..  The refinery was de-bottlenecked in 1973, in order to increase its crude oil processing capacity from 38,000b/d to 60,000b/d. The domestic demand for petroleum products which steadily increased was satisfied by the NPRC refinery for about 8 to 10 years.

In 1970, the Federal Government acting as a member of OPEC compulsorily acquired and paid for an equity share of 60 percent in all private international companies working in the Upstream and Downstream sectors of the Petroleum Industry in the country.[/s]

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Keep decieving yourself

Start planting gworo or continue your interrupted jihad on odua.

You can restart the trans saharan slave trade by flinging tajus and mulikaats for cash

3 Likes

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by okunboy: 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
REMINDER:
Pls someone should help me ask this briggs where will the battle-ground be? It won't be in the West, North likely not in the east as well. The battle ground will be in the Niger Delta Soil itself. The Boko Haram war is being fought in the North-east as we talk. Millions of indigenous pple were homeless as we talk......Even if the Boko-haram were perpetrated by the northerners themselves....the question is who is bearing the weight of pains and loss now?, Biafra war was fought. Where was the battle-ground? It was on the soil of the biafrans.....Now you are calling for war...your children are living abroad....you have fleet of Jets around you to move out of the country in a split of second, leaving innocent and helpless people to suffer! Like someone said on this thread earlier....war is different from pipeline vandalism, kidnapp of foreigners, holding the country to ransom economically! War is brutal! Mr. Briggs....can you pay the price of WAR??

1 Like

Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Goke7: 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
zendy:

You can't have good Governance in Nigeria. That's like looking for water in the middle of the Sahara desert. Every president of Nigeria has failed same as Buhari will fail because the system of government we are running is bad. The unitary is a terrible thing. Only a dreamer will think that Buhari can police 36 state Governors who enjoy immunity and 774 Local Gov chairmen who are near untouchable. It's not even Buharis job to provide water and electricity. The only thing that can work in Nigeria is a regional form of government or a confederation.The six geopolitical zones should be the federating units. We don't need States or governors in Nigeria,what we need are the Local governments,they are closest to the common man and they are the ones that should be building roads and providing water in their host communities. we should have a ceremonial president who can be head of parliament and commander of the armed forces and a prime minister who is head of government ment. The regions should keep at least 50% of whatever accrues in that region and the other goes to the federal government. Each region will have its own premier and constitution. This is the only way to run Nigeria fairly and equitably. The regions should develop at their own pace instead if everyone waiting for Niger Delta oil money which will be stolen by politicians anyway. But the North will never agree to a regional government because of oil. Nigeria is a disaster and the sooner we disintegrate and go our different ways, the better for everyone

Let's not be too negative my brother, Good governance can happen in Nigeria if only our state Governors can be more hardworking rather than throwng parties all around. Good governance actually starts from me and you by voting in those we know are ready to work for the people instead of their godfathers, we Nigerians are the problem, we prefer politicians who will share and throw money on us before we even cast our votes, that is where bad governance starts from, we prefer politicians who will throw money on us to politicians who will create enabling environment for businesses and commerce to thrive. We are the problem preferring stomach infrastructure to what will benefit our generations unborn, one of the incubent Governors was almost voted out despite providing free education from primary to univerisity level, thank God he won, I couldn't believe that a senator was voted out despite giving scholarships to students in his constituency, even the students were induced with cash to vote him out cos of hatred and tribalism. That is who we are, we wanted a Govt under whose watch NNPC accounts were in tatters to continue despite the fact that the head of the Govt and the minister in charge were from the Niger delta, one would have expected them to be better custidians of our resources but instead we justify their actions by saying that others before them were corrupt too and so they should continue. This is why Good Governance looks like rocket science in Nigeria, even if we allow every region to control their resources as you suggested, imagine Diezani being the premier of Niger Delta region, do you think they will fare better, she will only continue to do what she knows best and continue to lie to you guys that it is not her fault.

Let's honestly make a demand on our leaders for Good Governance and stop collecting their peanuts and their lies that Nigeria cannot work
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
What is this Nigerian ranting about?

Niger Delta Republic is here so brace up and wean yourselves from our oil.

Goke7:

Let's not be too negative my brother, Good governance can happen in Nigeria if only our state Governors can be more hardworking rather than throwng parties all around. Good governance actually starts from me and you by voting in those we know are ready to work for the people instead of their godfathers, we Nigerians are the problem, we prefer politicians who will share and throw money on us before we even cast our votes, that is where bad governance starts from, we prefer politicians who will throw money on us to politicians who will create enabling environment for businesses and commerce to thrive. We are the problem preferring stomach infrastructure to what will benefit our generations unborn, one of the incubent Governors was almost voted out despite providing free education from primary to univerisity level, thank God he won, I couldn't believe that a senator was voted out despite giving scholarships to students in his constituency, even the students were induced with cash to vote him out cos of hatred and tribalism. That is who we are, we wanted a Govt under whose watch NNPC accounts were in tatters to continue despite the fact that the head of the Govt and the minister in charge were from the Niger delta, one would have expected them to be better custidians of our resources but instead we justify their actions by saying that others before them were corrupt too and so they should continue. This is why Good Governance looks like rocket science in Nigeria, even if we allow every region to control their resources as you suggested, imagine Diezani being the premier of Niger Delta region, do you think they will fare better, she will only continue to do what she knows best and continue to lie to you guys that it is not her fault.

Let's honestly make a demand on our leaders for Good Governance and stop collecting their peanuts and their lies that Nigeria cannot work
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Curlieweed: 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
TDcute1:
Diz is ma 1st comment on a tribal bashin trend,in as much as i hate seein diz insultz thrown at eachoda,we really nid 2 watch our wordz n nt cause anymore hatez amongst us,. . . . . . .
ah knw ah wil b insulted by sum individualz. . . .letz get diz straight, m a yoruba boi. . .n i got close palz dat re hausa n igbo n dey re really cul. . .diz ethnic bashin wunt get us anywhere. . . . .every region nidz eachoda, frm d northern foodcropz to d southern cashcrop.. . .dere z a reason we were amagalmated,even if d whitez had a hidden agenda. God brought us 2geda, 54yrs n countin. . .we re stil here,wit every negative word spoken to us n about us. . . We stil standin, we suld shun diz internet war n face reality 2geda as a nation. . . . .

There are "cool" people all over the planet, maybe we should just have One World Government. Why have different countries when you have "cool" pals from all over the world.

Please quit the blasphemy already, Bandit Lugard is not a god.
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
iGnore these Nigerians

For over 50years they have not been making sense is it now you expect any single sense or truth from them?

Curlieweed:

There are "cool" people all over the planet, maybe we should just have One World Government. Why have different countries when you have "cool" pals from all over the world.

Please quit the blasphemy already, Bandit Lugard is not a god.
Re: Ankio Briggs Says War Is Coming.... by Goke7: 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
What is this Nigerian ranting about?

Niger Delta Republic is here so brace up and wean yourselves from our oil.

hope you are also aware of the dwindling price of oil, if the purpose of your republic is oil, Pls think again as new technologies keep evolving to reduce the depenency on oil

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$2 Billion Abacha Loot: Gov Bagudu, Wife File Suit To Claim Seized Funds In Us / Northern Elders Declare “full Support” For Osinbajo / With You By My Side, I’m Ready For The Next 4 Years –VP Yemi Osinbajo Tells Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.