Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,302 members, 7,897,427 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:53 PM

Nairaland Political Party? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Political Party? (7019 Views)

Nairaland Political Acrobatics By Nasoweseeam.com / Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Political Party? by amosexy: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
Oh MY GOODNESS !!! I'M SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS, GOT BUTERFLIES IN MY TOMMY,

Finally there is gonna be an OBAMA in nairaland and a change in nigeria, woowwwwww

YES WE CAN !
YES WE CAN !
YES WE CAN !

I'm in please with my body,soul and flesh.Let fight the good fight.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
Moves:

I Think we are jumping the Gun too fast, we need co-ordination first, this I believe is the first thing to do, maybe a set of four co-ordinators, then we can assign duties of what we want to do, and how we go about doing it, So Lets start about assigning co-ordinators for this thread and purpose,

Thank you, we should take it slowly, this things is not a simple thing or easy as some people here think.

We have to seriously plan and discuse about this with many supporters, we need to be dedicated and very serious also. I want us to give the numbers of those we have, then we can fix a place or where to talk about everything in general.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by youngies(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2009
We wait for you for further directives.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2009
Charlesmud:

First I must say I am happy people are willing and dedicated.

Secondly my brothers, make we take am easy the way some people are suggesting a fast move. If we act fast or too fast then I must say it will surely not last.

We should act and make this as accurate as possible, we dont have to act on dates or pursue anything. lets concentrate  on our own main focus and objective.

Yes we need a site, pls lets take it slowly and step by step, we dont need anyone to handle anything for now. we only need to know who want to be involve and after this we will then fix somewhere we can talk about everything.

true, but from very small experience I have, I know that if we do not make the right and definite steps at the right time, then we may lose the plot and people may lose interest. As it is now, a lot of people are interested but we've spent 3 pages, still dilly dallying, when we should have started collating names of people who are interested already!

However, I strongly belive in a new Nigeria. I dont just believe it, I have SEEN it and anyone who has had the priviledge to see it will understand why Im so passionate about it. No matter if this works or not, that generation that will raise Nigeria has been born. The one who will lead us to the promised land will soon show forth.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2009
youngies:

same here,

over to you charles
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2009
youngies:

Wait for who brother ?, as have said that this will be like a union were everybody is involve and we all have a say.

So I am reading everybodys comment and see it so fine, just want us to take it slowly and maturely. If we have or know the numbers of people involve then we will know the members we already have.

Then from there someone will figureout by ourselves were to talk or meet for our discussion. then on our main discussion is were will lay down the table and objectives.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2009
proudly9ja:

true, but from very small experience I have, I know that if we do not make the right and definite steps at the right time, then we may lose the plot and people may lose interest. As it is now, a lot of people are interested but we've spent 3 pages, still dilly dallying, when we should have started collating names of people who are interested already!

However, I strongly belive in a new Nigeria. I dont just believe it, I have SEEN it and anyone who has had the priviledge to see it will understand why Im so passionate about it. No matter if this works or not, that generation that will raise Nigeria has been born. The one who will lead us to the promised land will soon show forth.

My guy as you can see we are all passionate and I guess you dont expect anyone to come here and waste his or her time.

My guy pls try to understand this is not a cocacola or 7up that we can just open the bottle and drink, we are talking about government and Nigeria as a whole of 140million people. It will cost us alot and even if possible I hope we are not betrayed by some people (this is natural to happen).

So in this case, we have to relax, think, plan, analyze, make sure we are pure and serious enough. even if we have to use 5 pages to be sure and be clear first, then its surely a good thing after all they say "nothing good comes easy" lets take our time so as to achive the best.

proudly9ja:

same here,

over to you charles

Abeg I don talk am say its a union, freedom of speech and suggestion, Charles is just trying to make things accurate and very understanding. So I say if someone can give us the list of numbers of member we have. Then from there we will figureout things.

Humm I was thinking if we can go on yahoo messanger for the main time to make conference talk, (Just a suggestion).
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by youngies(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2009
What the HELL with all these time-wasting attitude Charles  grin

What's wrong with laying the proposed objectives here, yes here on this thread so that people can read and if they are convinced about it they can join the MOVEMENT.

Please lets start toying with the objectives now until will perfect it.

I suggest the first objective:

1. To unite and groom a new set of Nigerian Youths who will be filled with a great sense of patriotism, leadership qualities and integrity
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2009
youngies:

What the HELL with all these time-wasting attitude Charles grin

What's wrong with laying the proposed objectives here, yes here on this thread so that people can read and if they are convinced about it they can join the MOVEMENT.

Please lets start toying with the objectives now until will perfect it.

I suggest the first objective:

1. To unite and groom a new set of Nigerian Youths who will be filled with a great sense of patriotism, leadership qualities and integrity

Good devotion, well good objective you pointed out. I just believe a serious issue is/should be discused in a serious place.

I am not wasting any time brother, one cant just wake up one night and say he wants things to change and mind you Nigeria problem is large and needs alot of strategy if we really want success from our movement.

I am with you guys kampe, I just want us to take things slowly cus its not a childs play, "a child cant become an adult overnight". Anyway people should keep giving ideas and opinion so we can perfect it just like YOUNGIES said.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2009
2. (I dont know how to phrase it but I also suggest an objective that will have to do something about rebranding the Nigerian Image)
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by allboyz(m): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2009
i agree with the topic
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by youngies(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2009
LOL. . . when people that live very close to the queen is finding it difficult to phrase something in English, I wonder what you expect us that are living close to malam to do  cheesy I will give it a try

2. Through our MOVEMENT cause a positive attitudinal change in our country, bringing out the great people that we truly are
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2009
As we begin to suggest objecties and since noone has come forward to volunteer himself or herself, can I state again, that if anyone is interested in this group, please the following details to my pm

name

Im also going to start taking suggestions on objectives while we debate on them

PS: If you do not think I should take down the info, pls say so but pls also suggest someone who should.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2009
Can we make a conference talk on yahoo or ?

I believe its a good aim we are aiming, we are all giving good objective.

We all also noticed that some people will be here today while some wont, this are what we also have to fix and thats why I said we should try to be patient for people to notice what we wanna do so they might have more reasons to always come online for their contribution or support.

NOTE : NO talking or complaining about anybody, we are not perfect and this is part of our problems we need to fix, not to underate anybody or discriminate cus of they dont have what you have. lets encourage and support each other.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
youngies:

LOL. . . when people that live very close to the queen is finding it difficult to phrase something in English, I wonder what you expect us that are living close to malam to do  cheesy I will give it a try

2. Through our MOVEMENT cause a positive attitudinal change in our country, bringing out the great people that we truly are

lol, u are as close to the Queen as I am, just that she left Naija 49 years ago.

Il take your objective as number two but maybe u can help me further, cos I think you missed it a bit. My thought is to add an abjective that sees us as a movement that will rebrand Nigeria's image. ie, the rest of the world should stop seeing us as 419ers or thieves but should start seeing the good sides eg the Phillip Emeagwali, and the loads of Nigerians all around the world and in Nigeria settin a standard in their chosen fields  (and I hear a Nigerian recently developed the cure for diabetes), stuff like that.

pls help, lol
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2009
Charles, the good thing is, we all have the same aim (I hope). We may disagree but thats meant to make us stronger and help us achieve the Purpose.

The yahoo thing is a good idea but the issue is, how do we get everyone to be on yahoo/msn at same time (especally with the time difference)? On Nairaland now, only 3 of us have been consistent in posting on this thread for the past 30 mins. That shold tell you something.

However, discussing here will give anyone the opportunity to contribute anytime he/she comes online and sees it. We just need the help of the Nairaland moderator(s) to keep it on the top links on the front page so people can see it anytime they come on Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by SkyBlue1: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2009
I think we should not confuse being decisive with rushing things. The funny thing is that i have thought about what a scenario like this will entail for quite a while, so it is not just rushing things but things that have been thought off. I just hope that we realise that people will come from different angles and perspective and that is fine, as long as the ideas are progressive then i don;t see how they can be retrogressive. Forgive the use of the analogy with one body but many parts, hence the need to allow the different experiences and expertise or just plain knowledge of people to flourish. I have quite a few ideas but I would rather it be discussed in the right arena. There is something similar although a bit more on the political side that was proposed by someone on the site www.nigeriavillagesquare.com. I have membership with the site but rarely if ever contribute, however i think inviting whoever is willing to join from their forum would be good because it seems members of the Nigerian press and better known writers brace that site. Let us not joke this opportunity away please.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by youngies(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
proudly9ja:

lol, u are as close to the Queen as I am, just that she left Naija 49 years ago.

Il take your objective as number two but maybe u can help me further, cos I think you missed it a bit. M[b]y thought is to add an abjective that sees us as a movement that will rebrand Nigeria's image. ie, the rest of the world should stop seeing us as 419ers or thieves but should start seeing the good sides eg the Phillip Emeagwali, and the loads of Nigerians all around the world and in Nigeria settin a standard in their chosen fields  (and I hear a Nigerian recently developed the cure for diabetes), stuff like that.[/b]

pls help, lol

Erm. . . you want me put all these in one line? Who do you think I'm? Jakumo?  tongue
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2009
Name  --------------------  Charles

Location------------------- Western Europe

occupation/interests--- I dont think we need to identify if we are a doctor or a sales man (Cus some wont be comfortable with it).

Candidate Number ----- 1

The next person should put this in their message so we can from there know the amount of members, PLS put it just once and the last person will put the next number.

Example ; the next person now should put in his or her Candidate number 2 before writing his message(s).
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by youngies(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2009
Name  --------------------  Young

Location------------------- Abuja, Nigeria

occupation/interests--- xxxx

Candidate Number ----- 2

I think the occupation is important so that we acan ccess the depth of the members of the Movement. It doesn't really matter if you are an Okada rider cos we will need all the possible hands we can find.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2009
proudly9ja:

Charles, the good thing is, we all have the same aim (I hope). We may disagree but thats meant to make us stronger and help us achieve the Purpose.

The yahoo thing is a good idea but the issue is, how do we get everyone to be on yahoo/msn at same time (especally with the time difference)? On Nairaland now, only 3 of us have been consistent in posting on this thread for the past 30 mins. That shold tell you something.

However, discussing here will give anyone the opportunity to contribute anytime he/she comes online and sees it. We just need the help of the Nairaland moderator(s) to keep it on the top links on the front page so people can see it anytime they come on Nairaland

You are right.

Again you made a point, we will still be here and at the same time talking on yahoo (Much easier and faster), we will invite new comers here to join there Simple.

Sky Blue:

I think we should not confuse being decisive with rushing things. The funny thing is that i have thought about what a scenario like this will entail for quite a while, so it is not just rushing things but things that have been thought off. I just hope that we realise that people will come from different angles and perspective and that is fine, as long as the ideas are progressive then i don;t see how they can be retrogressive. Forgive the use of the analogy with one body but many parts, hence the need to allow the different experiences and expertise or just plain knowledge of people to flourish. I have quite a few ideas but I would rather it be discussed in the right arena. There is something similar although a bit more on the political side that was proposed by someone on the site www.nigeriavillagesquare.com. I have membership with the site but rarely if ever contribute, however i think inviting whoever is willing to join from their forum would be good because it seems members of the Nigerian press and better known writers brace that site. Let us not joke this opportunity away please.

You are also right we shouldnt rush things.

About that site "www.nigeriavillagesquare.com", it is very very very very good and I have people there that will be willing to join, I am a member there and maybe you can figureout my name.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2009
youngies:

I think the occupation is important so that we acan ccess the depth of the members of the Movement. It doesn't really matter if you are an Okada rider cos we will need all the possible hands we can find.

So what about students ?

I'm sure some people wont feel comfortable about it, its better to lay that off or maybe we shouldnt make it compulsory.

Wherever we have something or someone to fixing, he or she can suggest he or she will do it. Not forcing or impplicating any rules on anybody just bcus thats his or her profession.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by proudly9ja(m): 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2009
Name: Oluseyi

Interests: Engineering

(I intentionally slashed the Occupation with Interests so students like me wil be able to state their career paths rather than just say 'students'. Also, you may even be a medical doctor and have interests in other areas. From experience (again), I have come to realise that people funtion better and more effectively in their areas of interests rather than their occupations. )

I have taken the liberty of storing these data on an excel sheet on my computer. When we are large enough, I will group these into regions and then we can start suggesting dates when and where we can meet up. that alright?

May I also suggest that we shouldnt restrict this to Nigerians alone? as long as the person has Nigeria at heart?
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2009
proudly9ja:

(I intentionally slashed the Occupation with Interests so students like me wil be able to state their career paths rather than just say 'students'. Also, you may even be a medical doctor and have interests in other areas. From experience (again), I have come to realise that people funtion better and more effectively in their areas of interests rather than their occupations. )

I have taken the liberty of storing these data on an excel sheet on my computer. When we are large enough, I will group these into regions and then we can start suggesting dates when and where we can meet up. that alright?

May I also suggest that we shouldnt restrict this to Nigerians alone? as long as the person has Nigeria at heart?

You forgot to mention your number which is -------- 3

Thank you for your support, Yes I suggest it too that we shouldnt make it Nigerians alone and I hope other agrees too so we can have more ideas from different people all for one good purpose.

Thanks again for the storage, keep us updating on the numbers of members, I think we should be able to start discussing somwhere if we are able to have 10 - 15 CONSTANT, SERIOUS AND DEDICATED MEMBERS. Then from there we will continue
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by jensinmi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 06, 2009
@pixiraver & Charlesmud

I'm amazed at the amount of support you guys are giving. Thanks for taking this idea very seriously.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like pixiraver, I am willing to pay for the website and hosting. But we first of all need a name. Then, we can get the website.
No name. No website. No point in rushing ahead. We need to plan this properly. Nothing wrong with spending a few days to weeks throwing ideas back and forth.

About the post in which someone noted that we should hurry before people lose interest. With all due respect, I think we are mostly interested in dedicated individuals. Not just hyperactive individuals with flights of ideas who will move on to another thing in a few days/ weeks. Basically, what I'm saying is that those who will lose interest will irrespective of how fast we are.

LET'S DO THIS RIGHT.

I've been thinking about whether or not we need the word "Youth" in the movement. While we may need the help of elders and not want to alienate this. I think this is one of the things that is supposed to differentiate us from some of the other movements that exist. Let me know what you all think.

I also support proudly9ja's ideas on the regions.

@youngies ; I think the meetings may be a good idea. I however agree with you that most of the time, the problem with Nigerian meetings like such is too much talk. I think we would have to hold meetings only when we want to make major decisions and debates. For example, we can hold a meeting to debate and vote on whether to support Candidate A of party A and Candidate F of party F since we don't want to be dogmatic and ask people to surrender their will to us while we tell them who they must or must not vote for. Some things like this have to be done face to face.  

Alright. Members from the posts at present are.

-pixiraver
-jensinmi
-Charlesmud
-B.O.S.S
-latox
-proudly9ja
-Busy body
-Sky Blue
-youngies
-amosexy

I'm still not sure how we would keep tab of the names o. for a start, I think we can have people just "copy and paste" the list and then add their names, location and interests/ occupation to the bottom. Kinda like a petition.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by smooooooth: 4:22pm On Feb 06, 2009
the next generation party of nigeria. NGN. i support. i belive we can make a difference, and start this movement, and to start we shld stop any form of tribalism, nepotism and all, its a one nigerian party, no igbo, no yoruba, no hausa. we the next generation can make this happen, its happening in the united states and other countries, where countries come first,  and nothing else. and we have always criticized the older generation for enthroning tribalism and co. so we shld do better. the party should be built on equity, fairness and justice. where the best will always win.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by jensinmi(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2009
Name  --------------------  Charles

occupation/interests--- ---

Candidate Number ----- 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name  --------------------  Young

Candidate Number ----- 2

Candidate Number ----- 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Oluwabusayo

Interests: Business

Candidate Number ----- 4

Please "copy and paste" and then add your info underneath.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Busybody2(f): 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2009
Name  --------------------  Charles (Charlesmud)

Candidate Number ----- 1

Name  --------------------  Young (Youngies)

Candidate Number ----- 2

Name: Oluseyi (Proudly9ja)

Candidate Number ----- 3

Name: Oluwabusayo (Jensinmi)

Candidate Number ----- 4

Name: 'dedayo (Busy_body)

Candidate Number ----- 5

Please "copy and paste" and then add your information underneath.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Busybody2(f): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2009
Jensimi, another suggestion is that rather than doing everything underG for now or having yahoo conferencing, you can open a thread under the journal section, under the Nairaland section, where only you will be able to modify/edit/add information that has already been agreed upon on this thread.

And you can now link it to this thread and vice-versa.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Charlesmud(m): 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2009
smooooooth:

the next generation party of nigeria. NGN. i support. i belive we can make a difference, and start this movement, and to start we shld stop any form of tribalism, nepotism and all, its a one nigerian party, no igbo, no yoruba, no hausa. we the next generation can make this happen, its happening in the united states and other countries, where countries come first,  and nothing else. and we have always criticized the older generation for enthroning tribalism and co. so we shld do better. the party should be built on equity, fairness and justice. where the best will always win.

Well we are not making any form of political part or so so I dis-agree with that name NGN, we are creating a form of union were everybody even if we have an Indian that wants to support us. we dont mind, we just want a simple name but we can discuse about this name thing latter.

First now we need members, lets focus on membership first, if we have atleast maybe 15 - 20 members constant and serious members then we can decide on where to further our discussion.

I agree to the fact that we need to be relaxed and take things gently, no rushing. if we really wanna do this then we have to understand we need to take things step by step.

Atleast we now know we can get a site, so lets get more members then we talk somewhere (maybe on yahoo messanger) on the site naming and other objective of the things that might need to be on the site.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by jensinmi(m): 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
I decided to squish the names up so we don't take so much space and get thrown out of the forum.

Name  --------------------  Charles
Candidate Number ----- 1
Name  --------------------  Young
Candidate Number ----- 2
Candidate Number ----- 3
Name: Oluwabusayo
Candidate Number ----- 4
Name: 'dedayo (Busy_body)
Candidate Number ----- 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please "copy and paste" and then add your info.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by otukpo(f): 4:52pm On Feb 06, 2009
A wonderful idea!

I can understand the burning desire in u peeps, and am glad some people are ready to work to bring about the desired change. i just pray that one or set of hungry power politicians wont hijack this idea/movement.

At least we are starting somewhere and by the Grace of God, we will achieve a better/changed Nigeria.

i also feel that you pple are rushing things. U have to take it easy, step by step to plan and get it working. Leaving the topic on the home page for a longer time wld make some other people pick interest.

Dont forget to watch out for spoilers. They would be there.

I hope our ideological differences wld allow this work and bring about the desired result.

God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos ACN Elders Ask Tinubu To Consider Running For Presidency / Why Is The SW Waging War On GEJ On 2 Fronts? / FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.