Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,322 members, 7,881,183 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:02 PM

Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments (911 Views)

Security Agencies Halt Further Killings In Odege And Agwada Communities In Nasar / President Buhari Approves Appointments Of Sovereign Wealth Agency Board Members / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by LocalChamp: 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
BY EBUN-OLU ADEGBORUWA APR 29, 2015

Dear Patriots: I have watched with great misgivings, the gale of rushed appointments, undertaken by the outgoing administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, instead of focusing on his transition programmes.

At the last count, a new managing director has been appointed for the Nigerian Ports Authority, new leaders have been appointed for the Securities and Exchange Commission, federal commissioners have been appointed and there seems to be no end to the desire of the outgoing regime to compensate its supporters and cronies with juicy appointments. And these appointments are very critical indeed.
The present administration has barely one month to hand over to another administration, to which it has conceded defeat in the recent elections. That being the case, all these 'midnight' appointments run counter to the open declaration of President Jonathan, to create a level playing ground for the incoming administration.

On the one hand, the President declined to assent to the Bill on vital constitutional amendments, he did nothing to harmonize his position with that of the National Assembly, for the benefit of Nigerians, resulting into a colossal waste of money, energy and human ideas. Instead, the President filed a suit in court and even sought an order of injunction, as a means of consolidating his position, to the detriment of Nigerians. One of the reasons given by the President was that he did not want to hinder the smooth administration of the incoming government or be part of a process that may whittle down presidential powers. So how do we then reconcile this with the President's gale of these new appointments, into very critical sectors of the Nigerian economy.
I urge the President to forthwith stop further appointments or termination of appointments and face squarely the business of handing over.

If indeed the President is zealous to function and perform, then let him channel his new found energy, on finding the Chibok girls, let him rescue our citizens from the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, let him secure the release of some innocent Nigerians from the clutches of death, in Indonesia and other Afro-Asian countries, let the President end the fuel scarcity that is currently crippling businesses and human and vehicular movement and give us electricity, even for this one month.

The impression that I get from these belated appointments, is that the President is trying to cripple or at best, tie the hands of the incoming administration, which is totally unacceptable.

Nigerians have voted for Buhari, and he should be allowed free space to determine those that he would love to work with.

Thank you all.

Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa

http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/29/jonathan-should-halt-further-appointments

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by Jorussia(m): 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
I love dis man,he is always on d side of truth.These last minute appointments is a complete waste of time, because,the incoming President will simply do d needful,i.e, by kicking all these last minute appointees out of office.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by podosci(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
A drunkard would always be a drunkard...When Buhari starts firing people after they have served just one month in office let no man here castigate him for it was GEJ that paved the way for such humiliation of the appointees

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by efilefun(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
i tire oooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
I will explain the motive
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by Amitex(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
QBased on the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, PDP and Jonathan remain in office until 12.00 AM on 28/05/2015. He has responsibilities to ensure that Nigeria is moving forward. He can hire, fire, promote, demote, dismiss, etc. until he hands over. If you sack any appointee, you will pay the severance package in line with relevant contract. This is civilian regime, not military dictatorship.
I am awaiting my own appoitment sometime next week and backdated to January, 2015, grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by SHARIAREPORTERS: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Sahara reporters again? Dey didn't say anytin abt ait ban. Useless people
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by PointB: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
GEJ is president; he's doing his job until May 29.

When the semi-literate assumes office, he should do his job!
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by socialmediaman: 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dumbo Jack Goodluck Jonathan forgot to conclude the Youwin programme that was supposed to benefit at least 1,500 out of over 20million Job and startup business seekers, he only cares about settling political allies. This is a true picture of the man who some Nigerians thought gave a freaking f**k about them
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by superstar1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
It is very simple nah.

GMB will just reverse all appointments made between March 28 till date.

That is all. Let the Drunken Master of Otuoke keeps making a fool of himself.
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
People can be very stuppidd. Have all the misgivings u want. Gej is president till 29th may and will continue to be president till then. What is even wrong with these APC people sef, why are they so impatient to wait and start their government after handing over? No wonder they are being accused of running a parallel govt. Fooollish twerps!
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by cjrane: 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
[size=18pt]Chai, Nigeria has suffered!

Even Saharareports e-rats want to be appointed to chop in Buhari gorment?[/size]
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by pheliciti: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
The ridiculous thing is that these are all tenured appointments. Jona wants the incoming govt to fritter goodwill on sacking his appointees. Imagine sacking Ado Bayero's son? It's a poisoned chalice that only a malevolent person can deploy, and some people classify him as a leader?
Re: Jonathan Should Halt Further Appointments by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
podosci:
A drunkard would always be a drunkard...When Buhari starts firing people after they have served just one month in office let no man here castigate him for it was GEJ that paved the way for such humiliation of the appointees

(1) (Reply)

DISPATCH The Arab Battle For U.S. Skies / From Spare Parts Trader To Motor Giant: The Story Of Innoson Group Boss -naij / How Shekau Occupied My House-gwoza Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.