Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,495 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:17 PM

National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture (12925 Views)

Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos / 2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by Oluwaplumpie(m): 3:32am On May 02, 2015
crownprince102:
It is until this moment I realise budget breakdown aren't presented to the public.

What do we call this for God's sake? No wonder their's no public accountability.

Thanks to the only lord their will be a change in government. Though new government won't bring full sanity but it will reduced this insanity to the bearest minimum.

On what basis was this sane request rejected?
First, on the basis of your English and your apparent lack of ability to express yourself. Secondly, the Freedom of information Bill has some exceptions... That is the basis on which the letter was rejected. Am not saying I agree with the rejection though... Just answering your question.
Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by luthorcorp: 6:49am On May 02, 2015
help3852:
what does This topic have to do with GEJ??
Hmmmmmm, its a pity you have allowed propaganda to drive your thought patterns, see how bitter you have becomE
GEJ now appears in your dreams, abi
Everything Gej …
dont be sentimental and unrational here,i see nofin absolutely wrong with wot dat fine dude just said...
Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by luthorcorp: 6:52am On May 02, 2015
okekeanayo:
For you to have described the president and occupier of the highest Office of the nation, your parents are owing us all debt because they brought up in moral deficit. To say te least, u, ur king and ur village are yet to see civilty.
marked with yabaleft tag ###
Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by luthorcorp: 6:57am On May 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

when goats talk you will know! Do you think Buhari can reduce the salary of national assembly members? Fools like you do not know that national assembly is independent and cannot be controlled financially by the executive. Well it is a waste of time lecturing goat brain like you because your brain is poorly developed
you sharap,its not 100% independent ofcourse there are checks n balances,its obvious u know nofin about a bil being vetoed by d executive head....
Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by drnoel: 7:00am On May 02, 2015
Realdeals:
A recent attempt by a Nigerian activist group, BudgeIT to break the iron curtain of secrecy was rebuffed by the Legal Services Department of the National Assembly.

BudgetIT had on 14 march written a latter to the National Assembly, requesting a breakdown of the N600 billion that members appropriated to themselves in four years.

The request was made using the Freedom of Information Act, enacted by the Assembly four years ago, with fanfare to encourage transparency and accountability.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-news/2015/04/30/national-assembly-reject-request-for-budget-breakdown-picture/

Someone should tell these thieves in the hollow chamber that they are public servants and as if is they don't have a privacy from their constituents. If they want privacy they should live that office. We want a break down of their earnings and gratuities.
Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by MERS(m): 7:19am On May 02, 2015
While I cannot dispute that out lawmakers a looters, this response to BudgIT is provided for in the FOI Act. An FOI request does not mean an automatic release of information.
Let the group take the case to a court for a final decision.

Let the law take its course.
Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by saintandsinnerz: 9:44am On May 02, 2015
luthorcorp:
you sharap,its not 100% independent ofcourse there are checks n balances,its obvious u know nofin about a bil being vetoed by d executive head....

It is very disheartening that people who obviously don't know anything always do they know. First of all who said there is no checks and balances and about bills being vetoed by the exdcutive? Did you actually read and understand the crux of my post? Or are you just another daft troll in internet? For your info, I was not talking about any of the rubbish you wrote there, but was only telling the other ignoramus like you that the NASS has financial independence and the executive cannot reduce or regulate their salary. They executive can only persuade or lobby them to reduce their salary which they can reject. The amended 1999 constitution madee it impossible for the executive to exert any kind of financial control over the NASS. In the amended 1999 Constitution the lawmakers removed their budget from the Federal Government overheads and made it part of the annual statutory transfers that must be released directly to beneficiaries. The amendment read thus: “The amount standing to the credit of the (a) Independent National Electoral Commission (b) National Assembly and (c) Judiciary in the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation shall be paid directly to the said bodies respectively.” The amendment was the inclusion of the National Assembly in order to make the legislature financially independent. I hope you have learnt one or two things from me today. So before you stick out your mouth make sure you actually know! Good

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by paulolee(m): 11:19am On May 02, 2015
amarachi06:

But what am l seeing on your face! Brown powder?
hmmmm..... can't say..... wud qv u d digits of my makeup artist n she wud surely answer dt....
dts nT important...
wats important is dt ur name sounds lyk av known u before....watcha say??

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by ssammy: 11:32am On May 02, 2015
intergral:
And some fish brain want this govt to continue... I just imagine how Nigeria will look like after another four years under the Coconut HEADED FAKE COWBOY OGOGORO DRINKING FISHERMAN...
Cos it will be something like this:
1 DOLLAR = #500...
1 litre of petrol = #500...
1 cup of garri = #500...
1 bottle of palm oil = #500...
Anybody who vote for GEJ is an enemy of the Nation!!! If you like quote me and insult me, but I will be happy that what I said hurt your bones!!!
Sincerely, u don't need to be insulted. U need to be Educated.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Reject Request For Budget Breakdown – Picture by luthorcorp: 2:26pm On May 02, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

It is very disheartening that people who obviously don't know anything always do they know. First of all who said there is no checks and balances and about bills being vetoed by the exdcutive? Did you actually read and understand the crux of my post? Or are you just another daft troll in internet? For your info, I was not talking about any of the rubbish you wrote there, but was only telling the other ignoramus like you that the NASS has financial independence and the executive cannot reduce or regulate their salary. They executive can only persuade or lobby them to reduce their salary which they can reject. The amended 1999 constitution madee it impossible for the executive to exert any kind of financial control over the NASS. In the amended 1999 Constitution the lawmakers removed their budget from the Federal Government overheads and made it part of the annual statutory transfers that must be released directly to beneficiaries. The amendment read thus: “The amount standing to the credit of the (a) Independent National Electoral Commission (b) National Assembly and (c) Judiciary in the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation shall be paid directly to the said bodies respectively.” The amendment was the inclusion of the National Assembly in order to make the legislature financially independent. I hope you have learnt one or two things from me today. So before you stick out your mouth make sure you actually know! Good
no offence intende bro but the gilberish u jst thrown at me is punishing enof,i had to take a panadol for the headache i caused myself jst by trying to comprehend ur errors.....*runs off to clinic*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed To Atiku: You Can’t Become President Through Backdoor / 2023: Tinubu Promotes Excellence, Capable Of Becoming President - Magnus Abe / Peter Obi To Speak At LCCI Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.