Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,472 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day (1431 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At May Day Celebration In Anambra State (Photos) / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) / Subsidy: Muslims Call On Labour To Dialogue Not Occupy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by msmon(m): 3:35am On May 01, 2015
People across the world celebrate 1 May as "May
Day", which is also known as "Labour Day" or
"International Workers' Day".

The concept of this day began in 1886 in Chicago,
US. Several people were killed and injured during a
general strike on the eight-hour workday.

In India, the first Labour Day or May Day was
celebrated in 1923 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. This day
is dedicated to workers and labourers.

The day is marked as a national holiday. Some
institutions and trade unions organise pageants and other activities to show the importance of workers.
Most political leaders make speeches.

Here are a few quotes and wishes on Labour Day:

QUOTES

A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving." Albert Einstein

My grandfather once told me there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to be in the first group; there was much less competition." India Gandhi

The end of labor is to gain leisure." Aristotle

There is no substitute for hard work." Thomas Edison

All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and
importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence." Martin Luther King Jr.

God sells us all things at the price of labor."
Leonardo da Vinci

WISHES

Let us celebrate the Labour, Those built up this
Great Land, Happy May Day

Stand for something without falling for anything !
Happy May Day 2015

May your day be filled with a lot of blessings, Like
a sun that lights the sky, A very Happy May Day

Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you
occasionally find men who disgrace labor. Happy
labor Day.

Happy Labor Day. Remember that labor means
hard-work but not at the cost of being deprived of
your rights.

May arrives ... It is calm and kind on the first day of
May. Happy May Day !!!

www.ibtimes.co.in/may-day-international-workers-day-significance-wishes-quotes-labour-day-photos-630902

MAKE YOU WISH(ES) FOR NIGERIAN WORKERS TODAY

My Quote:
No worker, no nation

My Wish
Blessed are the workers for they are the linchpin of national development. Happy labour day!
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by kilokeys(m): 3:49am On May 01, 2015
laffing at the fact most private companies in Naija would associate ur absence from work on Mayday to the postponement of ur Payday
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by SuperSuave(m): 4:23am On May 01, 2015
wait o! today is my guys birthday! most people born on may1 are hardworking undecided
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by ki02020(m): 4:32am On May 01, 2015
Happy workers day to all the various working class.....may29th on my mind
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by Nobody: 4:51am On May 01, 2015
Happy May Day . . Since Feb 14th, the only thing that comes to mind when i think about May is that the CHANGE we craved for will be here at last! God bless Nigeria!
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by politricks: 5:32am On May 01, 2015
My quote

"Monkey dey work babbon dey chop"

politricks
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by Nobody: 6:52am On May 01, 2015
Noted
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by msmon(m): 7:05am On May 01, 2015
Lalasticlala dey work ...! Lolz. On a serious note, happy labour to him.

politricks:
My quote
"Monkey dey work babbon dey chop"
politricks
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by Nobody: 7:10am On May 01, 2015
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by politricks: 7:25am On May 01, 2015
msmon:
Lalasticlala dey work ...! Lolz. On a serious note, happy labour to him.

If him catch u ehn.
Re: May Day/International Workers' Day: Significance, Wishes, Quotes On Labour Day by tpiar: 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jklue007:
Noted

likewise.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Handshake Uproar: It’s All About Politics, Nothing Islamic / Crowd Hail President Buhari As He Leaves Katsina For Abuja(photos) / Neglect Of Solid Minerals: Why Nigeria Remains Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.