Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,173 members, 7,939,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:18 AM

Make Sacrifices, Fashola Urges Labour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Sacrifices, Fashola Urges Labour (302 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: "5 Plane Crashes In 1 Year In Nigeria Were For Sacrifices" / I Will Continue To Make Sacrifices For Nigeria - Jonathan / Non-payment Of Salaries: Aregbesola Urges Labour Leaders To Suggest Ways Of Rais (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Sacrifices, Fashola Urges Labour by bugs1: 7:09am On May 02, 2015
Bidding farewell and expressing gratitude for the co-operation he has enjoyed from the State’s workforce in the last eight years, Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, SAN on Friday joined members of the organised labour in commemorating the 2015 Workers Day with a charge that organised labour must resolve to sacrifice, participate and be determined to be a part of the solution at all times.
The Governor who spoke at the Onikan Stadium, Lagos, before a gathering of labour union members and their leaders, added that organised labour must resolve not to be a part of the problem but must choose negotiation and dialogue over strikes and lock outs.
He reiterated that the organised labour must resolve at all times that strike must be a last and reluctant resort when everything else had failed.
Governor Fashola said very substantial revenue was always lost in monetary terms anytime the nation resorted to strikes and that such colossal amounts could have been deployed to improving the lives of the citizens.
He stated that he recently directed a low scale study to be carried out on strikes between the year 2007 and 2014 and the results showed that almost 30 different strikes took place between that period with about 1,279 days lost to the strike actions.
“Let me dimension what that can mean if it took place in Lagos alone, this state generates an approximate N20 billion every month. So every day, it is about N600 million. If you do it in Lagos, it would be N852 billion. Imagine what that would have done in your lives”, he stressed.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/make-sacrifices-fashola-urges-labour/
Re: Make Sacrifices, Fashola Urges Labour by CountDracula(m): 7:17am On May 02, 2015
bugs1:
Read full story http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/make-sacrifices-fashola-urges-labour/
Nooo! I dnt want to read d full story, I'm already bored

(1) (Reply)

Group Wants NBC. To Sanction Media Houses. / Water Borehole Drillers For Abuja Residents And Dwellers / Army Nabs Terrorists’ Fuel And Food Supplier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.