Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,343 members, 7,881,264 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:31 PM

A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) (1426 Views)

What ‘ll U Do If You Vowed Not To Date Single Moms & Then U Saw This Y@nsh (pics / What 'll U Do? / Who Ll You Attend To First In This Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by epelumi42(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2015
Heart on the rocks

'I'm not going to cry over this', I said repeatedly to myself but I just couldn't stop holding on to the searing heart pain. The reality hit me badly so much that I wished I had a shoulder to lean on and pour my heart to -- maybe some angel. A look at my phone showed it was 1am in the morning. I picked the phone again. My wallpaper glared right back at me -- our very first picture. We were looking at each other, smiling -- full eye contact.

'If truly it comes from the heart, you shall tell the story to someone younger', the photographer had said that day. What he meant didn't matter -- until now.

My tear gland wouldn't hold on, so much that I wished the salty outpour streaming down my face would solve my problem, with a bucketful I wouldn't mind to pay. I sniffed repeatedly, silent enough to keep Romoke, my 'roomie' from waking. She had been sisterly, she had warned me too, I never listened!
I checked the text message Bayo sent again for maybe the hundredth time that night -- probably I had missed it somewhere.

"I never loved you. You only came around when I needed to relieve myself (of what? Boredom?). Now I am done, it's over."

'Over?!
It couldn't have been! Not like that!' I screamed.

It all started at Romoke's father 60th birthday anniversary. I was just nineteen, second year in the university, with a body that made heads turn. I was to serve the guests at the ceremony and there he was, sitting comfortably at the bar area of the large events hall. It was only when I went to request for drinks that I got a good view: tall, handsome, well-built, heart-melting voice and a matured look. I tried putting on my best composure, wearing a smile that suits me best.

'I like what you have on, it's cool', he complimented as I picked the drinks.

I was caught unawares, lost for words as I only managed a 'thank you' smile, and blushed embarrassingly.

'I'm Bayo', he said, smiling. 'First son of the celebrant', he added, stretching forth his hand.

'I'm Nike. Romoke's friend', I managed to say and shook his hand. We chatted for sometime and exchanged contacts. He was such a great talkative and funny. I was happy. I had found the man of my dreams even before school's final year.

*1:30am*

I sat up and cushioned my back with my pillow, looking at the angelic figure lying beside me. Romoke Adeoti. She had been my best friend in secondary school and now, she was more like a sister. She got engaged a year ago and due for marriage in a few weeks.

'...That he is my brother doesn't mean he cannot hurt you. It doesn't mean he cannot try to have his way with you... You just need to be careful my dear. A man would always be a man...'
Her words echoed loudly in my ears. She warned!

She was two years older, started dating in SS2 and was experienced. Bayo was my first. I was in madly in love and sure of it.
Perhaps he was only the devil in my nightmares and not long after our first encounter, we started dating. 'A mutual relationship', he kept saying. I didn't feel a lump in my throat before giving my consent to the relationship for I wanted him -- forever. I had dreamt of a big wedding -- that wonderful moment he'd hold out my hands, and call me, Mrs Olanike Pearl Adeoti. His two-roomed apartment suddenly became my second home as I would buy foodstuffs and soup ingredients with my pocket money. I always wanted to showcase my cooking prowess. I called him, I texted too, and though he forgot my birthday, I forgave him.

The tear flow hadn't stopped yet. I felt a pain in my head like I had on it a big sack of stone. I went through the pictures on my phone. Scroll... Scroll...
His face, still enchanting.

I was in his apartment. His friends had come over, I played the cook as usual and after entertainment, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes. I didn't hear him come in. I felt his hands down my waist. He was caressing me.

'...erm darling, I thought we discussed this', I said and removed his hands from my body.

He left. Then he came back, this time forcefully, held up the knife, threatening to kill me if I didn't comply. He had a desperate look. I fought hard but there was a knife, his strength, and his ever charming face. He defiled me right in his kitchen! I was supposed to be his woman!

'I hate you!', I shouted, pushing him away.

'Oh my God! ...',The tears finally gave way.

'What's wrong', Romoke asked sleepily.

'Your brother raped me, right in his kitchen and pushed me out.'

© Altarboy
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Fairgodwin(m): 9:26am On May 03, 2015
I thought I was reading a novel or seeing a movie. But the story really seem like a novel to me, sincerely.
I feel for you my dear and, I'm very sorry for your pain. I do believe he'd come back to his senses and come to apologise to you. Please do forgive him when he does.
But as a guy, I'm utterly disappointed in him and embarrassed by what he did.

1 Like

Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by epelumi42(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2015
Fairgodwin, Its fictional.
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by wenson(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2015
If dis 1 na 2ru story make $1 be like #1 for GMB administration
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Nobody: 10:19am On May 03, 2015
Eyyah, sorry dear. The guy is a monster for doing this to you, sue him so that he will learn his lesson. So sorry once again.
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by epelumi42(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2015
sameer1212:
Eyyah, sorry dear. The guy is a monster for doing this to you, sue him so that he will learn his lesson. So sorry once again.

You have such a kind heart. But most ladies bear the stigma that they do not attempt to sue or arrest the guy in question.
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Mhizkel(f): 12:38pm On May 03, 2015
Awww..So touching! That guy is a monster and deserves to be castrated..Even if he apologise, don't accept him back..he will just keep molesting you..He is an animal..You deserve a better man my dear!
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by McEwen(m): 12:42pm On May 03, 2015
Mhizkel:
Awww..So touching! That guy is a monster and deserves to be castrated..Even if he apologise, don't accept him back..he will just keep molesting you..He is an animal..You deserve a better man my dear!
summary of the story plz
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Mhizkel(f): 12:47pm On May 03, 2015
McEwen:
summary of the story plz
My dear, don't be lazy wink Go back and read it cheesy
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by McEwen(m): 12:48pm On May 03, 2015
Mhizkel:

My dear, don't be lazy wink
Go back and read it cheesy
summary abeg cry
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 03, 2015
epelumi42:

You have such a kind heart. But most ladies bear the stigma that they do not attempt to sue or arrest the guy in question.
Yeah! Some times I wonder how some silly boys think, it pains me when ever I read/ see a rape case. Hope she will move on and try to forget everything even though is going to be hard. Cheers!
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Mhizkel(f): 12:59pm On May 03, 2015
McEwen:
summary abeg cry
;>
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by epelumi42(m): 1:19pm On May 03, 2015
Mhizkel:

Castration is mild. grin
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Mhizkel(f): 1:24pm On May 03, 2015
epelumi42:

Castration is mild. grin
cheesy
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Missmossy(f): 1:43pm On May 03, 2015
Eyah such a touching story, the guy is really heartless though.
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by epelumi42(m): 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
Missmossy:
Eyah such a touching story, the guy is really heartless though.

its fiction though
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Bridget28(f): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
sorry dear. I pray u get over it soon
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
why rape a girl? I quit ma relationship when ma girl was saying no to sex...im sure dia are girls out dia who would love me wit all I want which includes sex.... I hate RAPISTS
Re: A Touching Story Of Romance (what ll you do?) by epelumi42(m): 9:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
justified19:
why rape a girl? I quit ma relationship when ma girl was saying no to sex...im sure dia are girls out dia who would love me wit all I want which includes sex.... I hate RAPISTS

we all do. Good thing you respected her decision though.

(1) (Reply)

Warning>>.9 Types Of Men You Should Never Marry < / Woman Punishes Cheating Boyfriend By Setting His Penis On Fire (photos & Video) / Found A Treasure In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.