Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,623 members, 7,972,296 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:30 AM

[ENGLISH LANGUAGE] Some Grammatical Mistakes And Corrections - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / [ENGLISH LANGUAGE] Some Grammatical Mistakes And Corrections (1552 Views)

Some Common English Mistakes And Their Corrections / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[ENGLISH LANGUAGE] Some Grammatical Mistakes And Corrections by Nobody: 11:56am On May 03, 2015
Below are some of the most common English
mistakes made by students, in speech and in
writing. Go through the examples and make
sure you understand the corrections.
1. [Wrong] I have visited Niagara Falls last
weekend.
[Right]I visited Niagara Falls last weekend.
2. [Wrong] The woman which works here is
from Japan.
[Right] The woman who works here is from
Japan.
3. [Wrong] She’s married with a dentist.
[Right] She’s married to a dentist.
4. [Wrong] She was boring in the class.
[Right] She was bored in the class.
5. [Wrong] I must to call him immediately.
[Right] I must call him immediately.
6. [Wrong] Every students like the teacher.
[Right] Every student likes the teacher.
7. [Wrong] Although it was raining, but we
had the picnic.
[Right] Although it was raining, we had the
picnic.
8. [Wrong] I enjoyed from the movie.
[Right] I enjoyed the movie.
9. [Wrong] I look forward to meet you.
[Right] I look forward to meeting you.
10. [Wrong] I like very much ice cream.
[Right] I like ice cream very much.

ADD YOURS

1 Like

Re: [ENGLISH LANGUAGE] Some Grammatical Mistakes And Corrections by Noloss(f): 12:11pm On May 03, 2015
Keep it up!
Re: [ENGLISH LANGUAGE] Some Grammatical Mistakes And Corrections by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 03, 2015
Make I still correct the correcter
ennyhola:
5. [Wrong] I must to call him immediately. [The Right pidgin] I must call am immediately.
6. [Wrong] Every students like the teacher. [The Right pidgin] Every student like the teacher
7. [s][Wrong] Although it was raining, but we had the picnic[/s] Right: although it was raining, yet we had the picnic

(1) (Reply)

Smart? How Many TRIANGLES Are There. / Procedures For Obtaining Federal Poly Nekede 2015/2016 Admission Forms Into HND / Top 10 Apps/sites Nigerian Students Are Addicted To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.