Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,281 members, 7,970,996 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:30 PM

Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0? (455 Views)

Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0 ? / Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-1??? / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 - 99)!!! (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0? by sojimade(m): 12:52am On May 04, 2015
Here’s Everything You Should Know

Virtually everybody born before the invention of the
internet must have heard the tale of a nonexistent
football match between Nigeria and India that obviously
took place in a parallel universe and somehow we got
to hear the gory stories of that match.

Though there are many variations of the story, every
prevaricator seems to agree on a couple of facts about
this fictional football match. Each storyteller agrees
that;

1. This match ended with India scoring 99 goals and
Nigeria scoring just one goal.

2. Nigerians where unable to kick the ball because the
football kept turning to a lion (or something scary) to
prevent them from playing the soccer ball.

3. The Indians later agreed that if Nigeria could score a
goal, they would concede defeat

4. Samuel Okwaraji scored the winning goal and lost
his life in the process.

5. FIFA banned India from soccer because they used
black magic in that very game

With the help of common sense (not that it was absent
back then), quick access to information and the
internet, every right thinking Nigerian has come to
realize that such a story should be filled under “Blatant
Lies”.

gistdomain.com/remember-the-nigeria-vs-india-match-that-ended-99-1-heres-everything-you-should-know/
Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0? by pyyxxaro: 1:18am On May 04, 2015
I thought Thunder Balogun scored the only goal

FTC shaa undecided

I dedicate this Trophy to Maupe of channels TV , Chibok girls , Buhari's Daughters and Tonto Decay cry
Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0? by Merlissa(f): 3:31am On May 04, 2015
I remember the match o...

How I wish someone can just play a video clip for us to see how possible the match was
Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match That Ended 99-0? by 7footre(m): 4:44am On May 04, 2015
Heard India had 22 players 11 up and 11 down. When ever d ball went up, it got stuck until it landed inside our goal post.... up till a certain age I believed this story embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Farewell To Gerrard / Joke / Mandzukic On His Way To Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.