Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,978 members, 7,906,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:20 PM

Assistance needed on My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Assistance needed on My Website (542 Views)

Please Help!!! My Website Is Saying "Deceptive Site Ahead" / Assistance Needed On How To Create A Free Blog / How To Integrate Online Payment In My Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Assistance needed on My Website by marin63(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2015
I started a personal project some months ago by building a messaging system (www.promptchat.quadhay.com) and at the juncture I feel more is needed, and is like am running out of ideas. So am in need of suggestions and ideas, please check the site tru the link provided and comment if you will be of help. THANKX A MILLION TIMES
Re: Assistance needed on My Website by Ben1975(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2015
Hi marin63

Notice you are hosting your site on a sub domain. You may find that many people will not take a site built on a free platform seriously; unless of course it is your domain. Even if it is it is not immediately obvious and many people wont ask you.

You can get robust webhosting for a year for N2,500 that is well worth the investment

How to grow residual income

If you are looking to generate money why not search for affiliate services that compliment what your offering on your site and are subscription based that way you can grow yourself residual income over time.

I can't help but notice that there are a few important pages missing on your site. Where is the about us page, the contact page, how it works page, and terms and cons, privacy policy etc. These pages will help build trust among your growing audience.

SEO

If you want to start generating traffic you need to learn how to do robust SEO and keyword research which are the holy grail of internet traffic. I would give you a link to a few resources to help you along but the last time I did that I got band for a week so I wont try.

Think about giving out freebies and useful usable content that will attract people in your niche. People on the internet are always looking for info to help improve their lives, careers etc. and everybody loves a freebie right?

But you may also consider newsfeeds if you don't have any content of your own, search engines want good content in order to improve your page ranking among other things.

Patience and perseverance

All in all if you want your site to be a success you are going to need to invest time (and a little money) to continuously improve it and yourself and not run off to a new project just because your getting bored of this one. That is one of the many reasons why so many people don't have successful websites, no patience, no effort.

Just a few things to get you going. smiley

Ben Ajose
Re: Assistance needed on My Website by marin63(m): 2:25pm On May 04, 2015
thanks for your priceless reply, the reason for creating that site is not the monetary aspect for the now. I just want to carryout a project to enhance my ability. I had been doing it for two years now and I needed to work with others to have more ideas. reading ur comment I believe there is a lot I can get from you other than coding itself. this is my number (08122853957) or you can drop urs so I can contact you...

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help And Recommendations On The Best Hosting Service / Help, My Blog Is Loadin Very Slow / I Write An Article For #50 Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.