Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan (1447 Views)

Ahmadu Adamu Mu'azu Officially Releases Statement On Owning Ikoyi House(pics) / Buhari Will Not Force My Impeachment Illegally - Fayose / Mu'azu And Femi Fani-Kayode Say They Won Their LGAs (Twitter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 05, 2015
Adamu Mu’azu, national chairman of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP), says if he had his way he would
have delivered Buachi, his home state, to President
Goodluck Jonathan in the general election.
Muazu said those who are criticising him for the poor outing
of the party during the election are “being economical with
the truth”, because he did his best for the PDP.
“I gave my best and all to the campaign of Mr. President
and the party. We went to every state in Nigeria to
campaign; those who insinuate that I did not do my best for
our great party and Mr. President during election are being
economical with the truth,” he wrote on Twitter.
“If I had my way, everyone in my state “Bauchi” would have
voted for President Jonathan but it’s the people that vote
not me, those who blame us for not delivering maximum
votes to the president in the north seem to have forgotten
that it’s the people who vote
“The perception of President Jonathan and our party in the
north was at an all-time low because of the lies that were
told by politicians.”
He said he never regretted supporting Jonathan and would
gladly do so if given another opportunity.
“I have repeatedly reminded many that I, Ahmadu Adamu
Muazu have been in the PDP since 1999 as a matter of
principle and strong ideology; I will support President
Jonathan again and again if the opportunity presents itself,”
he said.
“Some even ridicule and insult us that we betrayed
President Jonathan. How can one betray himself? The APC
has nothing to offer someone like me. I am too principled to
betray my party. I have been here since 1999; the unity of
Nigeria to me is greater than sectional or ethnic interests. I
can never regret supporting our leader President Jonathan
“I have always preached against ethnicity and tribalism and
the voting pattern in the election was a concern to me
personally, In the face of abuse, insult and open ridicule by
our friends and brothers we supported our leader President
Jonathan faithfully.
“Those who are busy pointing accusing fingers are yet to
come to the realization of what has happened but we have
gone beyond that, the unity of Nigeria to me is greater than
sectional or ethnic interests. I can never regret supporting
our leader President Jonathan.”
The leadership of the party has been embroiled in crisis over
the loss of the election.
On Monday, Olisah Metuh, national publicity secretary of the
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), denied the allegation of
embezzlement of funds leveled against the national working
committee.

www.thecable.ng/muazu-couldnt-force-people-vote-gej
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by madridguy(m): 4:21pm On May 05, 2015
WELL SAID.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by theV0ice: 4:26pm On May 05, 2015
Don't mind them Muazu.......how much selling did they employ to sell gej to Nigerians in 2007?

The guy reduced his own selling value through his glaring inactions in the face of challenges and penchant for abdicating responsibility. His wife and campaign organisation members then finally destroyed every chance he had by inadvertently helping the popularity of GMB through their childish rants and hate speeches as Metuh confessed yesterday.

You've done your best. They called you a game changer....... unfortunately, the game was long won and lost before they signed you up wink

They will eventually sack you......its inevitable but don't worry.......KOWA will gladly sign you up wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by importexpert(m): 4:30pm On May 05, 2015
Dirty politics in naija. The wind of change is coming to clean the house
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by hassan85(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2015
Only Aribisala thinks d election was rigged. The PDP stakeholders have been exposing themselves and what actualy happend. Can u imagin Fayose asking The NWC to step down yet seekin dia suport to avoid impeachment. Hmm watchn
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by NCOIM(m): 4:39pm On May 05, 2015
That's not what you were asked to do!! angry
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by MugabeRobert: 4:42pm On May 05, 2015
Down with PDP!
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by jmichlins(m): 4:44pm On May 05, 2015
Mr Muazu, are you saying that Jonathan didn't perform very well to deserve the votes of Bauchi people?Either way, I think that this morning period of PDP is long overdue. Pick up and form formidable opposition
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by PentiumPro(f): 4:49pm On May 05, 2015
PDP = Dead Party.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Leo001(m): 4:51pm On May 05, 2015
Muazu u did not deliver and u must go! No excuse for failure, GEJ did not win and he is going! So stop crying! Let those that deliver leads.My humble submission!
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by danot1030: 5:10pm On May 05, 2015
Muazu you are still getting point. What Jonathan and his men are implying is that you should put some rigging tactis in place like they did in Akwa Ibom and other parts of south south and south east to people of their votes. Or why do you think oga at the top dished out so much billions?

1 Like

Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by koma1(m): 5:35pm On May 05, 2015
Well said muazu.the people decided and there was nothing he could do about it.
Jona is just a bad market
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by obi4eze(m): 5:36pm On May 05, 2015
grin
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by bigfly: 5:38pm On May 05, 2015
The situation of Gej is critical, the truth is that Gej is a very bad market that no tactic can sell him.

1 Like

Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by JingoOAU(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2015
Since PEG decided to badmouth the northerners, there's nothing you can do....no need being hard on yourself
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Sweetguy25: 5:43pm On May 05, 2015
Muazu talks too much with less action.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:45pm On May 05, 2015
They u be miracle worker
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by atlwireles: 5:47pm On May 05, 2015
All this noise for what undecided You want PDP members to retain you as chairman? Is this man truly blind to the facts on ground.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by luvmijeje(f): 5:47pm On May 05, 2015
Nigeria to me is greater than sectional or ethnic interests. I
can never regret supporting our leader President Jonathan
“I have always preached against ethnicity and tribalism and
the voting pattern in the election was a concern to me
personally, In the face of abuse, insult and open ridicule by
our friends and brothers we supported our leader President
Jonathan faithfully.

Unfortunately, majority in your party don't share your belief...... They are about to turn the PDP into a regional party with their neophytes type of politics.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Ephemmm: 5:49pm On May 05, 2015
Painful, but true.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:49pm On May 05, 2015
Yu can fool everyone bt yu cant fool everyone @ the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by onyi4edu(f): 5:52pm On May 05, 2015
Can PDP just allow this man be He can't force anyone to vote anybody and like he said other politicians have already used some of GEJ's challenges to smear his name in the North so he could do nothing about it as campaigning for him there is like a suicide mission and unfruitful
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by ki02020(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2015
Exactly the same way the igbos were not forced to vote GMB

1 Like

Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by dewstar: 6:37pm On May 05, 2015
“The perception of President Jonathan and our party in the north was at an all-time low because of the lies that were told by politicians.” - Muazu.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by dewstar: 6:38pm On May 05, 2015
I will support President Jonathan again and again if the opportunity presents itself,” - Adamu Mu'azu.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Samchelsea(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2015
Mu'azu should keep mute jaree, we all know that the northern PDP guys worked for Buhari/APC during the last election
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 05, 2015
“The perception of President Jonathan and our party in the
north was at an all-time low because of the lies that were
told by politicians.”
This guy is being hypocritical. What is his responsibility as party chairman? Who is to fashion strategies to influence the perception of Jonathan and PDP in the North? The truth is Muazu failed woefully. He should resign
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 05, 2015
Samchelsea:
Mu'azu should keep mute jaree, we all know that the northern PDP guys worked for Buhari/APC during the last election
Fact!
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Gr8amechi: 7:11pm On May 05, 2015
barcanista:
This guy is being hypocritical. What is his responsibility as party chairman? Who is to fashion strategies to influence the perception of Jonathan and PDP in the North? The truth is Muazu failed woefully. He should resign
what did you say when GEJ was busy appointing and sacking party chairman, what did you say when GEJ employed people to insult and organize campaign of hate and breed ethnic and religious tension, where were you when VP was busy inciting the north that GMB want to Christianize them. for real GEJ caused his down fall even Oliseh has told him that
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by Jossyroyal1: 7:19pm On May 05, 2015
_PDP......(moving forward) wen will PDP stop being cry cry babies? you pple shud live up to ur slogan and forget about pointing fingers.... stop washing ur dirty clothes outdoor am sick of all dis accusations jare..
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by phyllosilicate(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2015
Selling life insurance in the north is easier than selling Jonathan their.
Muazu you try.

PDP did not campaign with sense, they campaigned as if they didn't need Northern votes. CAN was saying APC would islamize Nigeria, Okupe called Jonathan Jesus, Fayose was publishing dead hausa leaders, mama peace was calling them "Born troway". GEJ was jumping from one church to the other. Even here on nairaland' hausas were insulted before a person would campaign for Jonathan.

You don't campaign to people by insulting them. As Metuh said, had PDP insulted Ojukwu and igbos in 2003 and 2007, igbos wouldn't have voted them.
Re: Mu'azu: I Couldn't Force My People To Vote Jonathan by idee91: 7:42pm On May 05, 2015
Dem tell PDP say we be goat b4 ne ?
How could he force us ?
Mtchwwww

(1) (Reply)

Report Petrol Stations Selling Above N87 Around Your Area To DPR - V.P Osinbanjo / Breaking: Mass Sack And Merger In Civil Service, Subsidy May Go / This Is The Real Meaning Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.