Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,357 members, 7,950,746 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? (831 Views)

All The Igbos On Nairaland Should Come In See What I Saw,unbelievable / Marriage In Coma - Should He Pull The Plugs / 3 Weeds To Pull From Your Marriage Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by rudebouy: 11:31pm On May 05, 2015
Hay! Hold it rite dia! Am not hia to yab any tribe oh! Am just wondering how dis dia usual marriage pattern works. I know the igbos are not the only ones dat marry dis way, but at least dem day do am well well.

How will a man who lives and works in lagos/ph just call home dat he is coming to the village by december to "pick" as in "pick" a wife, dat day shd look for one for him. And by december, he will marry d lady his ppl "picked" for him.

How can someone marry dat way? Na wa oh! As in no courting! No dating! Just cut and paste! Gbam! And d funny tin is most of dis marriages do not break up.

It makes me wonda how the igbos manage to pull dis off. I know it works mainly for village girls, does it work also work for ladies dat grew up in the city? Is it dat one person is enduring, managing or sacrificing his/her happiness so dat d marriage can last?

Am just trying to wrap my mind around the feasibility of a cut-and-paste marriage. Can someone pls enlighten me?
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by nnachukz(m): 11:36pm On May 05, 2015
Ask Google.
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by tpiadotcom: 11:38pm On May 05, 2015
so Igbos are the only ones who do arranged marriages?

or they're the only ones who are interested in marrying?

thread is silly, no offence.

3 Likes

Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by rudebouy: 11:51pm On May 05, 2015
tpiadotcom:
so Igbos are the only ones who do arranged marriages?

or they're the only ones who are interested in marrying?

thread is silly, no offence.

I know dat nditoifot nteafo def will ignore my disclaimer in d first paragraph, wich was d very first tin u read.

Sorry for u. No offence.
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by tpiadotcom: 11:57pm On May 05, 2015
rudebouy:

I know dat I am a nditoifot nteafo. Ignore my disclaimer in d first paragraph, wich was d very first tin u read.

Sorry for myself. No offence.
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by agoadiv(m): 12:10am On May 06, 2015
rudebouy:
Hay! Hold it rite dia! Am not hia to yab any tribe oh! Am just wondering how dis dia usual marriage pattern works. I know the igbos are not the only ones dat marry dis way, but at least dem day do am well well.

How will a man who lives and works in lagos/ph just call home dat he is coming to the village by december to "pick" as in "pick" a wife, dat day shd look for one for him. And by december, he will marry d lady his ppl "picked" for him.

How can someone marry dat way? Na wa oh! As in no courting! No dating! Just cut and paste! Gbam! And d funny tin is most of dis marriages do not break up.

It makes me wonda how the igbos manage to pull dis off. I know it works mainly for village girls, does it work also work for ladies dat grew up in the city? Is it dat one person is enduring, managing or sacrificing his/her happiness so dat d marriage can last?

Am just trying to wrap my mind around the feasibility of a cut-and-paste marriage. Can someone pls enlighten me?
bros ur suffering frm overdose of nollywood old movies i see,oh i see
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by iphanyiuma(m): 12:41am On May 06, 2015
THREAD CLOSED!!!
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by cococandy(f): 1:52am On May 06, 2015
Lol @cut and paste cheesy
Re: How Do The Igbos Pull This Off? by plaetton: 2:08am On May 06, 2015
Dia are too many m.o.Ron.s on this forum.
undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marry Me, Get A Car And House: Radio Presenter / Ladies Will You All Allow Your Husbands Donate His Kidney To His Dying Brother? / No Reception Registry Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.