Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,144 members, 7,903,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 08:13 PM

My Camry Miss Fires - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Camry Miss Fires (1567 Views)

My Camry Consumes Fuel / Has My Camry 2007 Engine Finally Knocked? / My Camry 2008 A/c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Camry Miss Fires by Barnacious: 8:15am On May 06, 2015
Pls I need help. I bought a second new engine for my 96 model Camry n my mechanic mounted it, I used it for barely a week, now it's makin som deep sound n vibrates when I fire it, it drags wen I try to move or wen I go up a little slope. (Checking is possible and if readers are alerted to an edited post) My mechanic don't seem to knw wats wrong. Pls wat could be wrong with my car?
Pls note dat I've changed d fuel filter still no improvement.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by DECOtech(m): 8:46am On May 06, 2015
Barnacious:
Pls I need help. I bought a second new engine for my 96 model Camry n my mechanic mounted it, I used it for barely a week, now it's makin som deep sound n vibrates when I fire it, it drags wen I try to move or wen I go up a little slope. My mechanic don't seem to knw wats wrong. Pls wat could be wrong with my car?

Call 08030938491 for proper scan/diagnosis and repair.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by Chuxxy4me(m): 8:47am On May 06, 2015
Where are you based? If in Port Harcourt, call 08033123865. If not, tell your Mechanic to test your fuel pump pressure, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensors and catalytic converters

1 Like

Re: My Camry Miss Fires by DECOtech(m): 8:56pm On May 06, 2015
Chuxxy4me:
Where are you based? If in Port Harcourt, call 08033123865. If not, tell your Mechanic to test your fuel pump pressure, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensors and catalytic converters

Guy, how far?

I de come meet you for PH soon
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46pm On May 06, 2015
Barnacious:
Pls I need help. I bought a second new engine for my 96 model Camry n my mechanic mounted it, I used it for barely a week, now it's makin som deep sound n vibrates when I fire it, it drags wen I try to move or wen I go up a little slope. My mechanic don't seem to knw wats wrong. Pls wat could be wrong with my car?

How bad was your old engine before you removed it? Was it smoking? If it was smoking and burning oil
Really bad? If it was let me know.

1 Like

Re: My Camry Miss Fires by deathwing(m): 9:30am On May 07, 2015
It's 'misfires' not Miss Fire
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by autotrader2: 12:11pm On May 07, 2015
Its most likely your ignition coil or spark plug. I have brand new US spec ignition coils for Camry. The prices are very attractive. Contact me privately
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by icemann(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2015
autotrader2:
Its most likely your ignition coil or spark plug. I have brand new US spec ignition coils for Camry. The prices are very attractive. Contact me privately

You have to be joking, are you?
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by autotrader2: 10:31am On May 08, 2015
I fail to see the joke. The op said the car is misfiring. Therefore, the spark plugs, ignition coil and less likely the plug wires would be responsible.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by icemann(m): 10:57am On May 08, 2015
autotrader2:
I fail to see the joke. The op said the car is misfiring. Therefore, the spark plugs, ignition coil and less likely the plug wires would be responsible.
ignition coil has nothing to do with misfiring.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by autotrader2: 11:38am On May 08, 2015
Are you kidding me? I'll suggest you spend some more time studying car engines and faults.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by Barnacious: 9:53am On May 09, 2015
Exactly! Gazzuzz, It started smoking n burning oil really bad just immediately after they grind the valve, that was y I had to buy another engine. Could that be d cause? How does it relate to this pls?
GAZZUZZ:

How bad was your old engine before you removed it? Was it smoking? If it was smoking and burning oil
Really bad? If it was let me know.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2015
Barnacious:
Exactly! Gazzuzz, It started smoking n burning oil really bad just immediately after they grind the valve, that was y I had to buy another engine. Could that be d cause? How does it relate to this pls?

Your catalyst is blocked!!!! (I'm 90per sure) take it out and do a test to be sure, if you cannot affoard a new catalyst, remove the contents of your old one and space the oxygen sensor. Stop using the car until you check the catalyst.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by Barnacious: 8:12am On May 10, 2015
Ok, thanks alot. But what n where exactly is d catalyst n d oxygen sensor?
GAZZUZZ:

Your catalyst is blocked!!!! (I'm 90per sure) take it out and do a test to be sure, if you cannot affoard a new catalyst, remove the contents of your old one and space the oxygen sensor. Stop using the car until you check the catalyst.
Re: My Camry Miss Fires by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39am On May 10, 2015
Barnacious:
Ok, thanks alot. But what n where exactly is d catalyst n d oxygen sensor?
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwM0GDrUHVt3ojsq1vQd4SfCBf36FximSomOXJ5-PsaqJHI3WfA9EMgo0l[/img]

The large pot.

1 Like

Re: My Camry Miss Fires by Chuxxy4me(m): 5:04pm On May 10, 2015
Gazzuz is right but I will strongly advise u change d catalyst. Dont drive without the cataly cos it's more expensive in the long run. However, u also need to check ur ignition coils, spark plugs , lead wires and MAF sensor and injector head but most importantly, scan the car and come back with the codes

(1) (Reply)

Please Were And How Can I Buy Remote To My Honda Bulldog / Kia Rio 2007 / Toyota Matrix Starting Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.