Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,416 members, 7,888,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? (829 Views)

Ndic -three Million Nigerians Lost N18bn To Mmm / 1 Million Nigerians Have Joined MMM NIGERIA / If You Are Given Two Million Naira...... What Business Will You Invest It In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? by Ping411: 2:35pm On May 07, 2015
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) scheme which was introduced by the Central Bank Of Nigeria (CBN) with the aim of curbing financial misconducts in Banks, has seen a total of 2,583,815 registered customers between February 14th 2014, when the scheme was launched and December 2014.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) disclosed this in the December 2014 edition of its Financial Stability Report (FSR).

The report attributed the development to the collaborative efforts of stakeholders involved in the implementation of the scheme. According to the FSR, “The full implementation of the scheme is expected to increase the effectiveness of the Know Your Customer (KYC) standard as well as the safety and reliability of the payments system.”

The BVN is expected to boost financial inclusion as those who have typically stayed away from mainstream banking due to low literacy levels will be able to open and access their bank accounts using their biometric information rather than traditional identification methods.

As part of efforts to encourage enrolment for the BVN, the CBN had directed banks to only honour transactions over N100million from customers with BVN from March 2015.

- See more at: http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/are-you-one-of-the-two-million-nigerians-registered-for-bvn/#sthash.iJ2sUSk7.dpuf
Re: Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? by dayjee: 2:42pm On May 07, 2015
I'll register very soon
Re: Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? by importexpert(m): 2:46pm On May 07, 2015
yes i am among them. what of you @op?
Re: Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? by loomer: 2:51pm On May 07, 2015
I almost de among o
Re: Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? by yungEX(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2015
I registerd on Tuesday in diamond bank but they've not sent any code to me yet o
Re: Are You One Of The Two Million Nigerians Registered For BVN? by bluepanther(m): 7:59pm On May 08, 2015
I registered for the BVN at diamond bank in Akure, after about a month of not getting the number i mailed there customer care and was given my 'supposed' BVN. But to my surprise i got a message from diamond bank asking me to register for my BVN. I sent a complaint to their complaint department (through email). What should i do next?

(1) (Reply)

. / Building Economic Capacity Through Maritime Infrastructure Development / #ASKROSABON| Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.